Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2010, 11:42   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
This is what MSIL should have also done instead of confusing everyone with newer launches and still keeping older ones.
This is the last thing which could have been done by Maruti reason being -

1. They would instantly lose lot of monthly volumes as the first pic is of wagon-r and second one is of ritz/spalsh which are selling parallely and respectably right now. If wagon-r was replaced with ritz, lots of profits gone as per reduced volumes.

2. Replacing ritz with wagon-r would have meant not so 'swiftly' pricing for ritz which would have erode further revenues.
Old 2nd January 2010, 11:51   #62
BHPian

Noway this box is going to come out as New WAGON R , looks more outdated than the current version of the car.
If Maruthi is trying to give a cosmetic change and interior uplift to this car, it would be better if they gave a cosmetic change to the current version of the car and also upgrade its engine , so that they could meet the BS IV norms.
Old 2nd January 2010, 11:51   #63
BHPian

What is K series engine? What are it's advantages over normal engine? Also if I buy a wagon R now, and they release a model with a new engine in a few months will it be a problem to get the current one serviced over the next 5 yrs?
Old 2nd January 2010, 13:03   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
What is K series engine? What are it's advantages over normal engine? Also if I buy a wagon R now, and they release a model with a new engine in a few months will it be a problem to get the current one serviced over the next 5 yrs?
i dont think there would be any problem in coming 5 years for any current vehicle to be purchsed, but advantage of new engine would be better FE,Euro 5 ready engines which is ideal thing to buy.It would be more refined and would give better FE figures as well.
Old 2nd January 2010, 21:21   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
The K series is the latest engine from Suzuki. It is Euro 4 & 5 compliant and is supposed to be one of the best 1.2 motors around now. Without saying it will give better FE figures, will be more refined. It is already doing duty on ritz and estilo.
Old 2nd January 2010, 21:53   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Thats right. Conflicting reports on the next Wagon R. Overdrive's report seems to be more believable, because changing headlamps, bumpers is more like what Maruti does most of the time!

Here are the pics published in Overdrive's Jan edition:
It is high time Suzuki start taking India seriously. The looks department is neglected at the time being. The only designs I loved were the Ritz and the Swift and the new Grand Vitara. The less said the better regarding other cars.
Old 3rd January 2010, 00:04   #67
Senior - BHPian

More wierd looking 'dabbas' on the road from Suzuki. The SX4 is the only good looking product in the Maruti stable and it wasn't designed in Japan.
Old 3rd January 2010, 00:20   #68
Senior - BHPian

The good cars which I find in the Maruti stable are Alto, Swift & Ritz (even though I dont like its rear design).
Old 3rd January 2010, 00:29   #69
BHPian

A good car need not always have a good-looking design. Wagon-R is successful for its practicality and ease or ride in city. It puts shame even the swift and other competitors in space, which is why a great success.

For those who want a good-looking car, market is not devoid of those.

Wagon-R is boxy, but that is why it is more functional and practical than others. That said, it is not very bad looking.
Old 3rd January 2010, 08:51   #70
BHPian

Swift is competition to Wagon-R? I agree that wagonr is much practical and smart looking hatchback but do I see you favoring because you own one? No offense meant.
Old 3rd January 2010, 11:34   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge_v1per View Post
Swift is competition to Wagon-R? I agree that wagonr is much practical and smart looking hatchback but do I see you favoring because you own one? No offense meant.
I compared in space only; not in any other aspect. You can carry more suitecases and luggage in Wagon-R's boot than Swift. I have put a refrigerator in my Wagon-R, that you can not even think of putting one in Swift or Ritz.

Wagon-R is not Swift competitor. I meant othe competitors of Swift.

Last edited by ravi@64bhp : 3rd January 2010 at 11:35.
Old 3rd January 2010, 17:18   #72
Senior - BHPian

I am surprised at the comments of some people that WagonR is ugly,boxy and blah blah.
What these people fail to understand that it is what it is because of a strong reason called "practicality". The wagonR cannot be the successful car that we know of today, without being the way it looks. For the uninitiated, just step into one and witness the superb visibility, space, cubbyholes, headroom and boot space. All this is a boon for a common middle class buyer, that is the reason it sells so strongly. If you want looks, go for the Punto or Swift.
Old 3rd January 2010, 17:31   #73
Senior - BHPian

Swift and Wagor R both are different and cannot be comparable.
Wagor R has got more space and headroom which is very good for tall people as well as loading lot of luggages.
I certainly agree with @DCEite.
1000's of Wagon R's already sold and still selling like hot cake !
Old 3rd January 2010, 17:50   #74
aby
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
I am surprised at the comments of some people that WagonR is ugly,boxy and blah blah.
What these people fail to understand that it is what it is because of a strong reason called "practicality". The wagonR cannot be the successful car that we know of today, without being the way it looks. For the uninitiated, just step into one and witness the superb visibility, space, cubbyholes, headroom and boot space. All this is a boon for a common middle class buyer, that is the reason it sells so strongly. If you want looks, go for the Punto or Swift.
Fully Agree. It is a perfect car for city use. Easy to park, great boot space and decent mileage. Add to that the general reliability associated with Maruti and you have a winner. The best thing about Wagon-R is its very practical boot space, which makes it better than cars having greater boot capacity simply because of the way it is designed.
Old 3rd January 2010, 19:25   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Sometimes it looks and feels a bit similar to Omni in space as well as practicality to me.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks