Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2010, 20:56   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
The current Wagon R 's production is stopping from Feb 27/28.The New Wagon R would be launched in a while.They will let the stocks clear.
This wagon R wont be upgraded neither would the old and new wagonr sell together.
It is an all new wagon R and as far as the looks are concerned i have heard that it has become more box looking.

Confirmed News from very reliable sources.
If it's going to be "more boxy" then the current one, then its has to be either 3rd or 4th gen. pics posted on page 3. 4th gen. looks good to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgev View Post
planing to buy a wagon R in Aug/Sept. Wish to see the 1.2 wagon and a up market version of the Eeco
We will need to wait for at least half a decade to see "Up Market" version of Eeco

Last edited by HammerHead : 25th February 2010 at 20:59.
Old 25th February 2010, 21:05   #122
BHPian

Wagon R Phase out

I saw a flash in CNBC-TV18 Channel today that Wagon R Is being phased out. THe new Wagon R is going to come out with K Series engine and will be released in 6 months time. There was no other follow up news. Only this scrolling flash was going on between 9.00 to 945 AM today. Is it correct. Any of our BHP'ians have any info on this?
Old 25th February 2010, 21:16   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgev View Post
planing to buy a wagon R in Aug/Sept. Wish to see the 1.2 wagon and a up market version of the Eeco
1.2 wagonR would just add to their current internal necktight competition of 1.2 swift and ritz
Old 26th February 2010, 00:33   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthns View Post
I saw a flash in CNBC-TV18 Channel today that Wagon R Is being phased out. THe new Wagon R is going to come out with K Series engine and will be released in 6 months time.
Is it possible? Maruti will let the space vacant for santro?
There will be nothing new.Maruti will fit the A-star's engine into box (wegorn-r) and will through it in market in march itself.
Old 26th February 2010, 00:46   #125
Senior - BHPian

I too watched CNBC flash in the morning regarding New WagonR, prices would start from 3.3 lacs...
Old 26th February 2010, 12:22   #126
Senior - BHPian

I'm pretty sure it's going to be the WagonR spied by ACI posted here earlier shod with the K10B motor. They are just taking the "all new" thing a bit far. It's just going to be a redesigned grille, bumper and tail lamps. If an "all new" model is waiting an imminent release, someone would have spotted it by now.

Last edited by longhorn : 26th February 2010 at 12:25.
Old 26th February 2010, 15:43   #127
BHPian

The spy pics of the WagonR published in the Feb issue of Autocar hints that it is going to be the 4th gen WagonR currently on sale in Japan. Check out the rear quarter.

New Wagon R-wagonrspyshotsinindia.jpg New Wagon R-suzukiwilllaunchnewgeneretionwagonraswellasupgradecurrentwagonr1.jpg

PS- If anyone has the ACI feb issue please scan and post a better picture.

Last edited by harishnair : 26th February 2010 at 15:47.
Old 26th February 2010, 16:04   #128
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if following pics are already posted in this form, today came across these pics as 2010 WagonR spy pics clicked in India!!

Source: burnyourfuel.com

Can some one having reliable sources in Maruti confirm if this is the one?
I wont be shocked to see something like this from Maruti though I wish they launch gen. 4 Waggy here.
Attached Thumbnails
New Wagon R-2010wagonrindiaspied1.jpg  

New Wagon R-2010wagonrindiaspied2.jpg  

Last edited by HammerHead : 26th February 2010 at 16:06.
Old 26th February 2010, 17:19   #129
BHPian

What about ALTO ? Its also come with 1L KB seires engine to meet new emission norms ?
Old 26th February 2010, 17:26   #130
BHPian

HammerHead, those spy pics were already posted on the forum. Those are from Overdrive December issue.

In March issue, ACI copied the front styling of this Wagon-R and reposted the spy pics.

The current ACI issue mentioned that the Wagon-R is going to come with 1.2L engine. They said 1L engine in December issue (of couse, they menioned 1.2L on the coverpage in the same December issue).
Old 26th February 2010, 18:21   #131
Senior - BHPian

I think no one can really confirm which model is going to come out as of now. I'm finding it hard to digest that the 4th gen WagonR is going to be priced at 3.3 lakh though I really hope this happens. The blue WagonR posted above seems to be a more realistic possibility @ 3.3L. I'm waiting for Maruti to prove me wrong.
Old 26th February 2010, 18:39   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnair View Post
The spy pics of the WagonR published in the Feb issue of Autocar hints that it is going to be the 4th gen WagonR currently on sale in Japan. Check out the rear quarter.
If you look at the ACI pic closely, i mean the fog's on the front bumper it does look like the one I have posted, the blue one. Also compare the bonnet length in ACI pic and the gen. 4 Waggy. I'm sure its the blue one which we will see soon
Old 26th February 2010, 18:50   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
If you look at the ACI pic closely, i mean the fog's on the front bumper it does look like the one I have posted, the blue one. Also compare the bonnet length in ACI pic and the gen. 4 Waggy. I'm sure its the blue one which we will see soon
Yep, I did notice that, even the front over hang is longer. The only confusing bit though is the rear quarter glass which is missing.Why couldn't the Overdrive guys take a pic of the side profile.
Old 26th February 2010, 19:23   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The only confusing bit though is the rear quarter glass which is missing.
Oh yeah, you got the point. Now to me it looks like New Wagon R = 50% (portion before B pillar) of current Waggy + 50% (portion after B pillar) of gen. 4 with refreshed front and rear end.
Now I'm curious to see this thing in real
Old 26th February 2010, 19:43   #135
BANNED

Quote:
The only confusing bit though is the rear quarter glass which is missing.
That means, for the new WR, we'll have slightly modified head and tail lamps, front grill, the rear quarter glass missing, and is equipped with the new light weight KB series engine. So, after all, it's cost cutting and weight reduction (better FE) with 'new' and 'BSIV' labels.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks