Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2009, 10:50   #16
BHPian

I don't understand that why Maruti is changing their famous and popular car designs uglier than current version. Just look at the Zen, the older design was so pretty looking compare to the current boxy design, so same applicable on New Wagon R-The boxy is getting boxier.
Old 23rd December 2009, 10:51   #17
BHPian

Its too square. Horrible. Small cars should always be better contoured. Why did they have to do it? Did they want to increase the storage space inside?
Old 23rd December 2009, 10:55   #18
Senior - BHPian

It seems unlikely that India gets such a Boxy car.

If it does, MUL gets a +1 for launching another backdated and really weird model.
Old 23rd December 2009, 11:02   #19
BHPian

May be Maruti Suzuk will launch more lengthier version of WagonR as a Van. or may be multi passenger vehicle with diesel engine .. but I don't think this will come as replacement of WagonR. Its not easy to digest this design today but Maruti has succeeded
Old 23rd December 2009, 11:02   #20
BHPian

If the design shown is actually what it is going to be..
This to Maruti =>

Once this new design gets launched, the demand for the current gen / used Wagon R's will surely go up. It now looks so appealing than this new one.

They did a decent design upgrade recently to the Estilo.
Back to their old days / ways now ?
Old 23rd December 2009, 11:08   #21
BHPian

Well logically this design is more specious and practical, just like first wagon R. But this one here seems even older than first wagon. It is like "Blast From The Past". Looks like Maruti has got wrong equation here.
Old 23rd December 2009, 11:11   #22
BHPian

This design seems to be very similar to Nissan Cube . Very very boxy . This maybe acceptable in the city driving conditions but longer drives on a highways pose a serious threat to overall stability of the car.
Attached Thumbnails
New Wagon R-nissancube1.jpg  

Old 23rd December 2009, 11:14   #23
Senior - BHPian

IMO this version looks like the scion xB
Take a look:
Scion xB - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 23rd December 2009, 11:29   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
The present Wagor-R looks better than this new one which is just boxy type.
Its exterior looks are not attractive and tyre seems very small for a big van like structure. Maruti should have taken care and given little beautifcation on its design ?
IMO, current Wagon-R looks better than this. this new model is very boxy.

If they can improve the rear seat ( i would rather call it a woden bench) of Wagon-R.
i10 selling in good number, only way MSIL can compete with i10 is to have better interior n looks for Wagon-R.

With so many small cars planned for 2010, this new boxy wagon-R will have tough time competing with them

PS: i am love boxy design though but in the photo here Wagon-R looks too outdated
Old 23rd December 2009, 11:53   #25
Senior - BHPian

Imagine the new WAGON R and the old one selling alongside eachother!
Old 23rd December 2009, 11:57   #26
Senior - BHPian

Maruti has really made it tough for any new entrants into this segment. They have models starting from 2.3 all the way till 6 lacs. The only thing missing is a premium hatch . Nevertheless the present line up can itself choke other manufacturer's market offering.

Am not a big fan of Wagon R though the latest model is looking quite contemporary .Its looking quite modern.

Lets see how Chevy's beat is going to perform in this segment. With Toyota , Nissan and Bajaj to make an entry very shortly , this segment has little or no space left uncovered as far as pricing is concerned.

PS: any one of you having any idea of what Mr.Subbu is doing. Last thing I had heard was he had bought dies from Fiat of Fiat Uno to make a dirt cheap car.He had some good financial backing according to the news I read.
Old 23rd December 2009, 12:09   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
PS: any one of you having any idea of what Mr.Subbu is doing. Last thing I had heard was he had bought dies from Fiat of Fiat Uno to make a dirt cheap car.He had some good financial backing according to the news I read.
BVR Subbu of ex-hyundai fame ? That's interesting. You got more news/details?
Old 23rd December 2009, 12:37   #28
Team-BHP Support

Come on Suzuki! WagonR sells 12,000+ units per month! It deserves a fresh upgrade and not another outdated model!

Why not bring in the fourth generation instead of the 3rd!
New Wagon R-800px2008_suzuki_wagon_r_stingray_01.jpg
New Wagon R-800pxsuzuki_wagonr_2008.jpg
(Source: Both pics from wikipedia)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmx1000 View Post
BVR Subbu of ex-hyundai fame ? That's interesting. You got more news/details?
Old news actually! Here are some links-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rs-2009-a.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...cmponents.html
Old 23rd December 2009, 14:18   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Come on Suzuki! WagonR sells 12,000+ units per month! It deserves a fresh upgrade and not another outdated model!
It definitely does indeed since not all those 12,000+ buyers every month are forced to buy this and nor that all of these new owners usually go by the word-of-mouth advise to buy one.

It makes sense to buy a car of your choice as long as it serves one's "own" purpose.

To me, it has rather become difficult to do away with my Wagon-R after clocking 91,000Kms as I have seen practicality as the main USP for this little hatch.

Amongst all the hatches in this segment, the luggage space offered is much better, thanks to its Boxy looks since one can easily stack bags without having to push it into one smaller corner that remains unoccupied due to the "Aerodymanic" or "Good looking" design (in other cars). My boot door still closes when I have a suitcase stacked over another one running all the way to the height where the headrests are.

The seating position as well as the height came in as a boon to me since I am 6'3" myself. The only suitable option then was theSantro or a costlier Swift but I never wanted to go beyond my budget nor I wanted to compromise on boot space when I was getting it all in the W-R.

"Do you have it in your sedan??" - Well, Yes, I have it in my 4 year old Hatch and I can make a flat bed out of the 4 seats (Not an option in the currently sold W-R) but this too was a deciding factor when I last purchased. These reclining rear seats were a boon when we travelled as a family.

It was never a highway handler I knew but I am not going to rally and nor was my aim to do cornerings over its limit on a not-so-aerodynamic tallboy. common sense prevailed and the car kept clocking - Highways or the City.

So of these 12000+ buyers many would have their criteria in mind when they decide. For them (like me) looks may not at all be Important.

Last edited by paragsachania : 23rd December 2009 at 14:20.
Old 23rd December 2009, 14:22   #30
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

ugly made uglier.....

cheers,
ac
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks