Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2020, 22:17   #616
BHPian

Re: The best car ads

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
One thing I like about Tata Motors for it's ad's is not having celebrities in their ad's. The one exception is the Nexon EV drives with Milind Soman & Ankita Konwar. Kim Sharma was in some Safari ad's but I dont think she was a big name back then.
They got Hritik Roshan for Tigor though.
Old 20th June 2020, 22:22   #617
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, this is like the amateur boxer talking crap about Mike Tyson. Will Baleno/i20 manufacturers care? No.

Will customers care about a proud Tata car which is a good package but still far from perfect? Absolutely no.

They did this with Hexa by shading Compass. Now they do the same mistake with the Altroz.

They should rather focus on bringing the diesel variants available at the dealers.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 20th June 2020 at 22:24.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 13:14   #618
BHPian

Feels very similar to what Bajaj did with Dominar against Enfields. While Dominar was a solid product to maybe warrant such arrogance, is Altroz a solid product yet?
ManasN95 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 15:22   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post
Tata has just put up an advertisement on Altroz pitching it against the rivals.
I was expecting it to be bad after reading the post a bit but this is horrible. Whoever approved this ans created this should be replaced.

Now whenever I think of Tata, I'll remember all those iconic ads and this one scripted by a 16yo

Last edited by vb-saan : 21st June 2020 at 17:08. Reason: Video URL removed from the quoted portion
Old 21st June 2020, 15:59   #620
BHPian

The father in me would like to scold the child who made this Altroz advertisement.

Tata is behaving like a child who keeps showing tantrums whenever you feel to give it a hug.

Their cars are perfect. That is just half of the job done. Advertising about safety is good. But how will the customer actually realise the true potential of a car unless they get to test drive it?
Parting with our money isn't easy.

It is easier for manufacturer like Maruti or Hyundai to get away without offering a test drive vehicle, because they are selling everywhere and we get to experience them at some point; either it could be relatives or friends car, cabs, etc.

So before buying a Maruti or Hyundai, we are somewhat familiar with the car. Except for enthusiasts, people will soon part with money if they find some familiarity with the product. Reason why we keep buying different varieties toothpaste brand like Colgate or Pepsodent even without testing them because we are already familiar with them.
DrCar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 17:10   #621
Senior - BHPian

This ad is meaningless! Certainly isn’t a competitive mindset. Rather insecured of competitors to mention them indirectly.

Same mistake like Bajaj did with Dominar when it was launched. They took a direct dig at RE and failed miserably.

For a nice car Altroz, they are messing up with ads like this. Where’s the competitive “GOLD STANDARD” mindset? It comes not only with the car but also with the ad it is associated to!

It’s only when companies or individuals feel threatened of the competition, they try to take a dig at it. Will any successful products follow the same style of ad? No, not really.

Tata, if you really want to fire up your sales chart, fix your niggles at once from engine to feature list, things will automatically set its path to glory. If ads had any influence over customers, by now each company would’ve made hefty profits. Grow up or hire good advisors by firing the current ones who are useless and putting your company at risk.
gururajrv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 17:35   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post
Tata has just put up an advertisement on Altroz pitching it against the rivals.
Nice, it's okay if BMW, Audi or even Mercedes taking digs at each other then why not Tata? Advertising has changed and it is not the way it was before. Although i would like to add that the competition offers important options like an 'Automatic' and good, presales and aftersales(subjective) which makes this advertisement fall flat on it's face because of the companies shortcomings.

The other advertisement i liked that took digs at the competitor was the Dominar Ad.
Old 21st June 2020, 18:42   #623
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarManMotorcycl View Post
Nice, it's okay if BMW, Audi or even Mercedes taking digs at each other then why not Tata? Advertising has changed and it is not the way it was before. Although i would like to add that the competition offers important options like an 'Automatic' and good, presales and aftersales(subjective) which makes this advertisement fall flat on it's face because of the companies shortcomings.
Taking dig at each other is okay, be it BMW, Mercedes, Audi, or Tata, actually it is beneficial to the consumers if they can succeed in forcing the rivals to consider safety seriously, especially Hyundai which is paying no heed to consumer's safety issues like brake failures and EPS failures etc. This particular advertisement's execution is amateurish but not the concept.

And yes Tata should have come all guns blazing by bringing all the fuel types and transmission types from the day one, but sadly they didn't do that. They are no Hyundai to have a successful ride despite having some serious issues, unlike others Tata Motors isn't having any laurels to rest upon, they have to pull up their socks and keep running forward until the competition vanishes from their rear view mirrors.
wheelguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 01:12   #624
BHPian

Taking digs at rivals is pretty common in the industry, we have seen BMW, Mercedes, Ford, Audi and even Chevy do it and so should Tata. Plus, they’re only showing off about their 5 star NCAP that’s an area in which Tata is actually better than its rivals, the ad would have been ridiculous if they were boasting about their engine being the best in the segment. Taking digs at rivals is often appealing if it’s done in good spirit.

Having said that, this ad does look a little cheeky and could have been more subtle.
Old 22nd June 2020, 11:11   #625
Senior - BHPian

That Ad targets Baleno almost twice ,other time in form of Glanza.
I am disappointed by this ad, a premium product like Altroz surely deserves much better one.

Something about its USP - 5 star rating was a good point to make an Ad out of it.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 15:44   #626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
This ad is meaningless!...

... where’s the competitive “GOLD STANDARD” mindset?
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
I am disappointed by this ad, a premium product like Altroz surely deserves much better one
Agree wholeheartedly!!

There is nothing in the ad to connect with the viewer with the car - performance, interiors, safety etc.

What's message conveyed by use of (a) "iCONIC" (b) European type registration number and (c) Father's Day? (that "Altroz" is the 'baap' of all sedans )
vrprabhu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 04:00   #627
BHPian

Contrary to popular opinion on this post, I quite like that they are taking a dig at their competitors. Shows that they want to take it head on and they aren't afraid of competition! I like it!

Tata often gets a lot of criticism for things most manufacturers get away with.
Credit where credit is due, I appreciate them for their recent products and this bold advert.
puneeth2 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 22:07   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
This would probably work in memes or as internet banners. But for an Advert this is really lame. I like the Altroz & this ad makes me cringe a bit.
I believe they were eyeing meme pages to pick it up and promote it for them.

No other point of this ad imo.
alikidwhy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 13:38   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
One thing I like about Tata Motors for it's ad's is not having celebrities in their ad's. The one exception is the Nexon EV drives with Milind Soman & Ankita Konwar. Kim Sharma was in some Safari ad's but I dont think she was a big name back then.
Sorry for replying so late but wasn’t Messi involved in Tiago ad? I distinctly remember the ad because Messi was the brand ambassador that time. Made quite some noise.

Don’t recall any other big name except Hrithik Roshan.

Last edited by turbowhistle : 28th June 2020 at 13:39. Reason: Grammar
turbowhistle is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 14:46   #630
BHPian

How can we forget the 'CAAAR'?

momsonlydriver is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks