Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which car does NOT Rattle?
ANHC 111 24.13%
SX4 18 3.91%
Fiesta 60 13.04%
Verna 36 7.83%
Aveo 14 3.04%
Optra Magnum 31 6.74%
Linea 117 25.43%
Octavia 73 15.87%
Voters: 460. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2011, 19:24   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which car does NOT RATTLE?

There are 11 people on this thread, who are either very lucky or are lying to overplay their car. Those 11 people are those who have voted for SX4.

Their cars were either made on moon or they blindly support their cars (thus everything is right about my car). Dudes, all Marutis rattle. As simple as that.

I have a Swift. I hate the rattles of the car. Actually, most Jap cars, excluding a few ones like Civic, rattle. My next car will most probably be a Euro. The Euros are simply much more sturdier.
Old 1st August 2011, 20:02   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
There are 11 people on this thread, who are either very lucky or are lying to overplay their car. Those 11 people are those who have voted for SX4.

Dudes, all Marutis rattle.
Abhi, I do not know if you own an SX4 or, have experienced a rattling SX4. The SX4 is one of the better built maruthi's. Infact you would be surprised at the build quality of the car. The doors shut with a solid thud. My brother-in-law owned one for a short while, and it certainly did not rattle. (May be he too was lucky)

I hope you experienced a bad piece. But generalized statements mislead other users.
Old 1st August 2011, 20:12   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mate, this is such a subjective thing. What may sound like minor ignorable sound to one may be perceived as a rattle. Also bear in mind that people who need sturdy cars for rougher roads, may often buy cars which are built for that. That too will skew the results of the poll.

As I pointed out in my previous post, one really needs to interpret the results with caution (with a pinch of salt, rather).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
The SX4 is one of the better built maruthi's. Infact you would be surprised at the build quality of the car.
Yes! The SX4 really doesn't feel like a typical Maruti at all. It does feel a lot more solidly put together.

PS: The perception of rattle would also depend on the noise the car generates in general. Some cars are noisier to start with (say an Indica) so minor sounds may never really be noticed.
Old 1st August 2011, 20:50   #109
Senior - BHPian

i had one lucky alto 2004 model , old better plastic ones which dint rattle last 5 years but dont know what happened suddenly since dec2010 its started rattling.

Linea- doesnt rattle even a bit. i used to hear noise over rough roads from the glove box, but i fixed it myself.
Old 1st August 2011, 20:59   #110
BHPian

I own the Fiesta and it hasn't rattled ever - a very solidly built car!
However, i strongly feel that the VENTO needs to be added to this list.
Old 1st August 2011, 21:30   #111
Senior - BHPian

I guess rattling depends on the way you drive also. I have seen people drive very rash, dont care about potholes, speed-breakers, etc and complain about rattling.

My own experience with my Dzire is much better. Its 2 + years old now & i drive it very carefully. I am not facing any rattling issue at all. I sat in my friends fiesta which was just 3 years old & hardly 28 K done on odo. It was having all sorts of rattling. When i saw his driving style, i got the reason. He was very careless while driving & dont care much abt potholes, speed breakers etc. He was just maintaining the speed irrespective of the road condition & was too lazy to change gears.

I know some cars are better built than others but still if driver is not good, it will rattle today or tomorrow. But for good driver chances are very less. This is just my thought, your views are most welcome

Last edited by aniketi : 1st August 2011 at 21:31.
Old 1st August 2011, 21:34   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
The SX4 is one of the better built maruthi's. Infact you would be surprised at the build quality of the car. The doors shut with a solid thud. My brother-in-law owned one for a short while, and it certainly did not rattle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Yes! The SX4 really doesn't feel like a typical Maruti at all. It does feel a lot more solidly put together.
May be the better build is because of the involvement from Fiat? I read they also sell this car as Sedici or something? But I was not very happy with the quality of materials used though.

Edit:: My next car will be a rattle free car at any cost !! Really fed with all those noise in my Swift !
Old 1st August 2011, 21:46   #113
Senior - BHPian

Interesting Poll !

couldn't spot a single "rattle-free" hatch in the list..? Love to hear from Punto, Fabia, Polo owners.
Old 1st August 2011, 22:00   #114
BHPian

Quote:
I guess I'm the 12th lucky guy. Seriously though, the SX4 is absolutely unlike anything Maruti-Suzuki makes, ironically even its' market-share is entirely different from other Maruti-Suzuki cars.
Old 1st August 2011, 22:23   #115
Senior - BHPian

Please excuse me for the post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
couldn't spot a single "rattle-free" hatch in the list..?
The poll in this thread has the following options :
  • ANHC
  • SX4
  • Fiesta
  • Verna
  • Aveo
  • Optra Magnum
  • Linea
  • Octavia

....and one can ONLY choose a car from the above list. That's the reason why you failed to spot at least a single rattle-free hatchback in the poll results.

I hope this answers your query.

Last edited by Klub Class : 1st August 2011 at 22:24.
Old 2nd August 2011, 01:36   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
May be the better build is because of the involvement from Fiat? I read they also sell this car as Sedici or something? But I was not very happy with the quality of materials used though.

Edit:: My next car will be a rattle free car at any cost !! Really fed with all those noise in my Swift !
Didn't know of Fiat's involvement in the SX4. Could you share it (in brief, as it may be partially OT here)

When trying to figure out if a car is likely to be solid or not, one indicator I use is the weight of the car (of course keeping in mind that diesel versions would typically be heavier anyway due to engine weight and possibly a reinforced chassis to carry that extra weight).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fornax View Post
I guess I'm the 12th lucky guy. Seriously though, the SX4 is absolutely unlike anything Maruti-Suzuki makes, ironically even its' market-share is entirely different from other Maruti-Suzuki cars.
Good observation mate
Tells us what is important to the market.
Cars which are solidly put together are typically heavier and consequently have lesser FE. SX4 was amongst the few Maruti cars which isn't really FE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
....and one can ONLY choose a car from the above list. That's the reason why you failed to spot at least a single rattle-free hatchback in the poll results.
OT: Did your expression while writing this post match the avatar picture? .

Remember you from the New car price thread and just noticed your number of posts @Klub. You have an awful number of posts for your age - you must've started very early.
Old 2nd August 2011, 08:16   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Interesting Poll !

couldn't spot a single "rattle-free" hatch in the list..? Love to hear from Punto, Fabia, Polo owners.
Fabia doesnt rattle , 3 years on as solid as ever.
Probably polo too should not rattle.
Old 2nd August 2011, 08:39   #118
BANNED

Quote:
By owning a Swift, how can you categorically say that SX4 will surely rattle? It's you who try to lie about other cars, or try to justify your decision of your next buy. It's as simple as that.
Old 2nd August 2011, 09:02   #119
BHPian

My SX4 had rattling issues in the initial months of ownership which was fixed by MUL. It doesn't rattle anymore.
Old 2nd August 2011, 10:19   #120
BHPian

I have a different view to this rattling & stuff:
Vehicle rattling is directly proportional to the vehicle suspension setup.
Explanation: The more the vehicle gobbles the potholes on the road .. the more you take them on good speed... the more jerks the vehicles take ... the more rattles start to appear from nowhere.
Often the bumpy & hard suspension setup cars have less rattles becoz you take them slowly at almost every potholes/bumps.
Thoughts?!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks