Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2010, 11:09   #391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaxy View Post
Does the ARIA have automatic ORVMs ? from the pics looks like it does.

Yea, those are Auto Fold mirrors by a switch
Old 13th January 2010, 11:11   #392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
ARIA is full time 4WD. However it has a Disconnect mode where user can manually select 4x2 mode.
There is a center diff and in normal usage torque distribution will be about 80% rear and 20% front.
This basically means that you can safely drive the Aria in 4x4 mode on normal roads.
It still needs to be seen on the ratio's and how have they implemented Torque on demand, which will be crucial even to be a successful crossover, unlike the CRV where the front wheel cannot pull the weight of the vehicle on a incline incase of rear wheel slippage on an incline OR is it like Subaro which has developed the "ART of AWD"

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
i think its pronounced as Areeya.
Aria = means the "Air" in Italian, TATA has a presence there, perhaps they picked it up from there.

Last edited by dadu : 13th January 2010 at 11:17.
Old 13th January 2010, 21:01   #393
Senior - BHPian

This is the car I always needed.
At first, I felt it looked ok to good. But now more I look at its pics, the more I like it.
I just hope the dynamics of the car are very well sorted out and are unlike what Tata have given so far.
Old 13th January 2010, 21:39   #394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Aria = means the "Air" in Italian, TATA has a presence there, perhaps they picked it up from there.
Must be. Aria in English (and western music) means an elaborate song for solo voice, hardly an ideal name for a people mover!

Aria - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Aaa-ri-ya pronunciation here:
Aria Definition | Definition of Aria at Dictionary.com
Old 16th January 2010, 15:24   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
It still needs to be seen on the ratio's and how have they implemented Torque on demand, which will be crucial even to be a successful crossover, unlike the CRV where the front wheel cannot pull the weight of the vehicle on a incline incase of rear wheel slippage on an incline OR is it like Subaro which has developed the "ART of AWD"

i wonder seeing the tatas indian penchant aria stands for the indian arya which were the original race or sth which settled in india.. too bad in history though
Old 16th January 2010, 21:40   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
More pictures...

Attachment 257074
Are these headlights with projectors? The top light looks so. Can somebody confirm? Also it would have been nice if they also had a version with Sunroof and make it the ultimate car!
Old 17th January 2010, 17:59   #397
Senior - BHPian

I read in Cartrade India that the Aria will be priced between 12.5 and 14.5 lakhs. Anyone got confirmation on this? Still undercuts the competition by a large margin while adding lots of value over the Innova, in my opinion. India will decide, I suppose :P
Old 18th January 2010, 11:31   #398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santy View Post
Tata have displayed 3 interiors in the stall on ARIA
=====================[*]Roof console with Multiple Overhead bins and Goggle cases[/list]
Kudos to Tata to putting out an original, sexy, very appealing package, but I do have some gripes, they engineer a product to 90% and leave the 10% to chance, Im talking about panel gaps, cheap interiors, and those trays, man who came up with that one. TATA should definitely tie up with a Japanese or European design firm and get their products up to date in terms of fit and finish. Thankfully they are on the right track, the Aria looks good enough to park outside a Park Ave mansion between to a Rolls and a Range Rover, absolutely adore the 2 exhausts in the back, very very classy. If they were to come to the States with a kick *** warranty like Hyundai and Kia, and the assurance they would stay here for the long run, I would definitely buy one. It just looks that good.
Old 25th January 2010, 17:38   #399
BHPian

It seems Aria is not driven by journos yet

Hey guys

Not wanting to be missed out(in expo coverage), some enthusiastic mags have already hit the news stands with their Feb 2010 issue Autocar being one of the first. I was running between various news stands and mags expecting to see the magical words "Tata Aria First Drive" & "Tata Aria driven" on the cover.
Alas! these guys (or rather Tatas) disappointed. Non of the mags released till yesterday has a first drive of the Aria .
Any idea guys as to whether it's the lack of readiness on Tatas part or the journos hurrying up with the printing???, it was a thorough dispappointment nevertheless.
GTO plssss help...... with all your contacts and roadtesting experience you might know the truth........
Old 27th January 2010, 15:04   #400
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Yep even the Top Gear does not carry it even in the Auto Expo special booklet, anyways they are normally slow in such matters.

I guess the March issues available from Feb 20 would carry the reviews /first drive reports.
Old 31st January 2010, 16:38   #401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAE40 in veins View Post
Hey guys

Not wanting to be missed out(in expo coverage), some enthusiastic mags have already hit the news stands with their Feb 2010 issue Autocar being one of the first. I was running between various news stands and mags expecting to see the magical words "Tata Aria First Drive" & "Tata Aria driven" on the cover.
Alas! these guys (or rather Tatas) disappointed. Non of the mags released till yesterday has a first drive of the Aria .
Any idea guys as to whether it's the lack of readiness on Tatas part or the journos hurrying up with the printing???, it was a thorough dispappointment nevertheless.
GTO plssss help...... with all your contacts and roadtesting experience you might know the truth........
Only a production ready or in-production car is given for testing and review, an under development vehicle has some things to sort out and testing can lead to negative feedbacks, not good for any manufacturer.
Old 2nd February 2010, 00:25   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
I read in Cartrade India that the Aria will be priced between 12.5 and 14.5 lakhs. Anyone got confirmation on this? Still undercuts the competition by a large margin while adding lots of value over the Innova, in my opinion. India will decide, I suppose :P
This was the price even i was thinking of, seems to be a good deal. The vehicle looks great. Thanks to Team-BHP for tharing the pictures.

Regards,
Vijay
Old 2nd February 2010, 10:56   #403
Senior - BHPian

I have been critical of TATA Motors' products upto now, but after seeing the ARIA i will give credit where it is due. The car is a worthy competitor to any similar product worldwide atleast in fit/finish and style. A full road test will reveal more, i'm sure but for now i'll say my prayers have been answered re: styling by Indian car makers and i wish the best for this model.Good job.
Old 2nd February 2010, 11:12   #404
Senior - BHPian

Can we expect a TEAM-BHP trademark GTO's review of ARIA anytime soon?
Old 2nd February 2010, 11:13   #405
BHPian

The Aria is beautifully engineered. I feel the dash is somewhat near to one of the Land Rovers. If wood finish touch up would have been done to the dash board, then the image will be more better.

Last edited by yogeshnaik : 2nd February 2010 at 11:14.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks