Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2010, 13:33   #571
R_R
BHPian

Xylo and Scorpio also have roughly simlar (at least overlapping) prices, so there is no reason why Aria and Safari prices should not overlap. They are targetting different tastes/customers. I think most folks who want a Safari will not be satisfied with the Aria even if it has all-wheel drive. Of course, whether Tata can bring the Aria, with all of its features, around the same price as the Safari is a uncertain. But the mystery should be solved soon.
Old 20th April 2010, 14:30   #572
Senior - BHPian

Was alongside an Arai from pimpri to shivajinagar in pune last night. I must say i like the front. It looks real butch ! The rear is quite bland though. I thought i noticed one of the parking sensors on the rear bumper was not in place. It looked like it had come loose and had fallen inside the bumper. Tata please take care of these small nigliging problems before launch.

It sure looks like the launch is near with aria's being seen everywhere.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 20th April 2010 at 14:31.
Old 20th April 2010, 15:42   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
Aria at 6-8 lakhs is frankly impossible. I had a chance to sit in one of the arias at the Auto Expo and the feature set and the product itself needs atleast a 9-10L price range for the base version. And i also feel that TATA should give up those tall taillamps for larger vehicles. It definitely feels out of place on the Aria
Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Nope. 8-14 lakh bracket. Those who want the Safari will still go for the same. Safari is an SUV, Aria an MPV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
It will be very difficult to price the Aria anything below 9 lacs even for the base version. But this time they should have the airbags and ABS as standard across all trims.

May be safari will be priced atleast a 1-1.5 lacs lesser and Aria may start off from the current safri prices.

All speculations will be put to rest only when the official prices are out.
Pricing anyway close to Safari and Aria would cannibalize Safari and vice versa. Also if its priced higher, it will not be able to compete with Innova and Xylo.

@Amtak - Even though people understand Aria is MUV and not SUV, the demand for safari would suffer as it is only 5 seater (for all prac purposes). Considering the typical large Indian family, same priced Aria would be better attraction, unless the person is a desperate Safari lover like me

@ coldice4u - I had noticed the mention of Aria pricing during the Auto expo. Dont remember where did I read it, but currently I managed to trace one of those reports. Link below :
Tata Aria Priced At Rs 7 Lakh Onwards Launched along side Tata Magic Iris

Btw, going by the way Tata has been doing its past few launches - Vista, Manza; it is quite believable that Aria would be priced in 8 lakh band with all these features. Tata knows it cannot currently compete with Toyota on brand name, following and quality (though it has improved now), the best way is to compete on price by offering much much more.
Old 2nd May 2010, 01:46   #574

doesnt is look close to ford focus?
Old 16th May 2010, 23:22   #575
BHPian

New from the Tata stables - spotted testing

There's a lot of action from the Tata stable on Pune's roads. Here are pics of three vehicles we clicked in a space of a few minutes of each other. I like the curves, seems like we are definitely moving away from straight lines!

The SUV looked really interesting...

Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-one.jpg

Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-two.jpg

Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-three.jpg
Old 17th May 2010, 00:10   #576
Distinguished - BHPian

Why is the Xenon on test? Is it getting a new heart?
Old 17th May 2010, 06:13   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddheshb View Post

The SUV looked really interesting...

Attachment 349531

Attachment 349532

Attachment 349533
Which one of these is an SUV ?
First - Aria
Second - Rear shot of XENON ?
Third - Front half of XENON ?

Please do confirm.

Prem.
Old 17th May 2010, 09:36   #578
Senior - BHPian

A Xenon will soon be launched with a CNG option, hence the test vehicles.
Old 17th May 2010, 09:42   #579
BHPian

Tata seems to be ready for the launch of Aria soon. Just 40 mins back I saw a convoy of 8 test vehicles on the Pune-Bangalore bypass near the DSK Toyota shoroom.
Aria does stand out immeditely and looks a lot different than the lot of Innovas and Xylos and other MUVs
Here are the counts as seen. No photos though.
6 - White Tata Aria
1 - Silver(dark metallic grey) Tata Aria
1 - White Tata Winger
Old 17th May 2010, 09:59   #580
Senior - BHPian

Tatas Called for training of A.S.S personals last week at Pune Plant, I talked to a senior service engineer. Got to know that Aria has hill ascent and hill descent features and E.S.P which according to him is quite good.

Again he told me about 8.1 version of A.B.S which enables the above features last time when I talked to same guy the version of A.B.S was 7.1 which I reported here.

The price is not announced but A.S.S person who went for training speculated 15 lakh for top variant and 12 lakhs for bottom one.

Last edited by amitk26 : 17th May 2010 at 10:02.
Old 17th May 2010, 10:05   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Which one of these is an SUV ?
First - Aria
Second - Rear shot of XENON ?
Third - Front half of XENON ?

Please do confirm.

Prem.
Sorry, I meant the 4x4 - Xenon, in pics 2 and 3. Interesting for the curvy look it's been given, far from the flat boring lines we had on earlier Tata cars.
Old 17th May 2010, 10:11   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Tatas Called for training of A.S.S personals last week at Pune Plant, I talked to a senior service engineer.
Same news was given from the M'lore dealership. Seems like the Aria is going on sale sometime soon.
Old 17th May 2010, 11:45   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
A Xenon will soon be launched with a CNG option, hence the test vehicles.
The CNG Xenon is a single cab. This might be the one showcased at the Auto Expo with ABS.
Old 17th May 2010, 11:54   #584
BHPian

The Aria in the picture looks like 'Taxi' segment one? With non-body colour bumper? And a 'white' colour as well.
Old 17th May 2010, 12:32   #585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Tatas Called for training of A.S.S personals last week at Pune Plant, I talked to a senior service engineer. Got to know that Aria has hill ascent and hill descent features and E.S.P which according to him is quite good.

Again he told me about 8.1 version of A.B.S which enables the above features last time when I talked to same guy the version of A.B.S was 7.1 which I reported here.

The price is not announced but A.S.S person who went for training speculated 15 lakh for top variant and 12 lakhs for bottom one.
On of my closed childhood buddied is in a Tata group company. He had the in-house magazine of Tata on his computer table, which had details about the Aria. These are as follows:

1. It is 200 kgs lighter than Safari

2. More space than Safari

3. More features than Safari, viz - full time AWD, ESP, etc.

4. Will be priced in the range Rs.12-14 lacs

5. Launch near.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks