Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2010, 14:07   #91
Senior - BHPian

Any one with Turbo channel and a Tivo to help the poor Airtel customers. HELP!!!

We want to see it too. boo boo boo.

Airtel customer care (ACC) says, "Sir, this channel does not exist in your channel list" Huh!!!
Me: "I know darling thats why I am asking you"
ACC: "Sir, may I put you on hold"
Me: "Do I have a choice?"
ACC: "I need to talk to my senior"
Me: "Ok, I will wait"
Irritating hold music (why in this world was this music so lazy, makes the wait seems like an era has passed, repetitive and pathetic)
ACC: "Sorry for the long hold, my senior says there is no channel like this"
Me: (in irritated tone) "turbo.discovery.com can you please check this for me?"
ACC: "Sorry sir, we can not access the website"
Me: (now feeling low) "Sigh, how can I exit my plan for IPTV and get my refund"
ACC: "Sir, please hold, I will ask the senior to check" Puts me on hold. Comes back in 2 mins and apologize.
Me: "Yes dear, tell me if you have any good news"
ACC: "Sir, we will talk to discovery and soon this channel will be in your list".
Me: "By soon you mean, no gurantee, right?"
ACC: "Sir, we have no idea, but we have taken the request, anything else"
Me: "Yes, please make it fast, and put it on TimeShift we are missing a lot"

Boo boo boo, IPTV customers pay a lot and get nothing.
Old 30th January 2010, 20:01   #92
BHPian

^My condolences with you, BTW loved to finally have one dedicated channel for Automobiles. Great going Discovery
Old 30th January 2010, 21:37   #93
BHPian

IMO : It is running a lot of repeated and old discovery channel shows. Could Have been Better. I was watching Fifth Gear last night (which is their prime time show) and they were comparing a last gen Audi TT with a 350z
Again, Could Have been Better or Maybe Will Get Better. Still Way To Go DISCOVERY Networks
Old 31st January 2010, 00:37   #94
Senior - BHPian

Since these are early days and most of it could probably be test feeds, a lot of the old stuff will be on it for a month or so. But in due course, you will find more of the new programming on it. Give it some, let them get some sponsors and am sure this channel will rock!
Old 31st January 2010, 12:50   #95
BHPian

Its really wonderful that Discovery Networks provide us such a variety of channels like Discovery itself for knowledge and adventure, Travel and Living - a class leading lifestyle channel and now Discovery Turbo for just like our selves "Petrolhead", great work.
I wish it will be sooner available to dishtv as I am having it, because I am missing all the shows aired on this channel everyday!! How poor we are(the not owner of Tata Sky)
Old 31st January 2010, 21:45   #96
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Currently watching a battle between the Ford GT40 versus a Formula Ford. 550 BHP versus 150, but the race car is obviously 3x lighter. Either have a power to weight of 350 - 375 BHP. Superb show.

What's even better are Tiff's comments and his sense of humour!! An absolute blast to watch. I think Jeremy is entertaining, but Tiff is on an entirely higher plane.
Old 31st January 2010, 22:38   #97
BHPian

Thank you Gentlemen, I would have never figured this channel out if it were not for Team BHP. Finally time to get back to TV, its been a while
Old 1st February 2010, 02:19   #98
BHPian

too bad for people without Tata Sky like me.
Old 1st February 2010, 02:32   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Currently watching a battle between the Ford GT40 versus a Formula Ford. 550 BHP versus 150, but the race car is obviously 3x lighter. Either have a power to weight of 350 - 375 BHP. Superb show.

What's even better are Tiff's comments and his sense of humour!! An absolute blast to watch. I think Jeremy is entertaining, but Tiff is on an entirely higher plane.
I can never get tired of watching Tiff driving on the limit. You should check out the track shootouts between Tiff and Plato (boxster vs z4, viper vs corvette etc). Its amazing how these guys can drive on the limit like that, while commenting on the performance of the car and still not hit each other.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 1st February 2010 at 02:42.
Old 1st February 2010, 08:57   #100
Team-BHP Support

Well both are proper racing drivers. JC is an amateur drifter / tyre shredder in reality. However, the Stig is an anonymous racing driver. If you notice only he is allowed to push the Pagani's and other exoticas hard. JC and co only merely drive them
Old 1st February 2010, 10:02   #101
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

over the weekend I thoroughly enjoyed the London Chop Shop - with Leepu's freaky supercars from Bangladesh, the overhaulin programme and of course Tiff Needell's comparo between the Suzuki Swift 1.6 Sport and the Mini Cooper.

Great to get this feed on TV - a 24 hour Auto channel.
Old 1st February 2010, 10:18   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Last night in 5th Gear they showed the Landrover that went to a Glacier. Had 38" tyres and took everything in it's stride. Just too good.
Old 1st February 2010, 11:33   #103
BHPian

Fifth gear is good, but nothing matches Top Gear, especially the challenges. Too bad BBC does not air it in India anymore.

But Turbo rules. gimme more
Old 1st February 2010, 11:37   #104
BHPian

Any IP link where the programs can be viewed on the internet? Please update the post with the link.
Thanks.
Old 1st February 2010, 11:56   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Last night in 5th Gear they showed the Landrover that went to a Glacier. Had 38" tyres and took everything in it's stride. Just too good.
Yeah i saw that too. Amazing white LR with those 38 " wheels. He should have done some more off-road rather than just splashing water. Anywayz it looked good and the narration was very well suited to LR.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks