Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2010, 02:51   #151
BHPian

Its a great channel...

watching it 24x7.
Old 7th February 2010, 12:19   #152
BHPian

At last! Something to watch on TV. I was contemplating not renewing my tatasky connection. This channel is one of the main reasons I did renew.
Also, after a few days of watching discovery turbo, I am of the opinion that:
American Chopper is starring to become too much about Paul Sr's dramebaazi.
That Bangladeshi dude, Leepu, is really irritating, but must be applauded nonetheless.
Old 7th February 2010, 13:54   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post
Discovery Turbo channel: NOW ACTIVATED

Daily fights with my wife: NOW ACTIVATED
if not life. then ghar mein jhada la la la.... happening for sure.

you need to buy Tata sky+. its the desi Tivo.

hey guys whats your favorate shows. i love watcing 5th gear, and wheeler dealers
Old 7th February 2010, 16:04   #154
Senior - BHPian

I had activated it about 20 days back, there is nothing much to watch, really, just the usual auto shows which were on discovery earlier. But still better than any other channel.
but, the name is discovery turbo and there is not a single program dedicated to tuning.
Old 8th February 2010, 13:49   #155
BHPian

I too am hooked on this. Was watching Wheelers Dealers today morning.
It was about a Merc 190E. Did not get to watch the whole episode as had to head off to work. Maybe a good time to upgrade to TataSky +
Old 8th February 2010, 13:55   #156
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

i was watching them restoring an MG roadster on Friday but didnt get to see the concluding episode.

Yesterday it was a Jag XJ S that the chap bought for 1000 pounds and started restoring - again havent seen the conclusion.

Need to understand exactly when the next sequential episode's airing typcially is, because it is very irritating when they breakup the restoration process into 2 episodes and the second/ concluding one falls on a weekday or other busy time instead of on the same weekend.

i like wheeler dealers a lot - its a very good programme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
I too am hooked on this. Was watching Wheelers Dealers today morning.
It was about a Merc 190E. Did not get to watch the whole episode as had to head off to work. Maybe a good time to upgrade to TataSky +
Old 8th February 2010, 13:58   #157
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
i was watching them restoring an MG roadster on Friday but didnt get to see the concluding episode.

Yesterday it was a Jag XJ S that the chap bought for 1000 pounds and started restoring - again havent seen the conclusion.

Need to understand exactly when the next sequential episode's airing typcially is, because it is very irritating when they breakup the restoration process into 2 episodes and the second/ concluding one falls on a weekday or other busy time instead of on the same weekend.

i like wheeler dealers a lot - its a very good programme.
Am addicted to wheeler dealers. The concluding episode appears now and then, have seen the MG one not the Jag. I normally record all and delete the ones I have not seen.

YOu can also catch it in bits on youtube

Last edited by ajmat : 8th February 2010 at 14:01.
Old 8th February 2010, 14:04   #158
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

thats good to know

then maybe we need to chuck one of the TataSky machines and buy the TataSky+ atleast in order to be able to record. never seriously thought TataSky+ was even worth it, until this moment!

but the challenge is when you dont know when exactly the episode is coming on, then how does one programme the same for recording? Else, how much recording capacity does it actually have? So that one can simply record all Wheeler Dealer episodes and sift later.

I wish they would give a little synopsis of each episode so that we can plan accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Am addicted to wheeler dealers. The concluding episode appears now and then, have seen the MG one not the Jag. I normally record all and delete the ones I have not seen.

YOu can also catch it in bits on Youtube
Old 8th February 2010, 14:30   #159
Team-BHP Support

Tata sky + can store approx 30 hours of stuff. I also wish the synopsis was available. There is now competition for disc space for these vs hannah montana, suite life and Jonas
Old 8th February 2010, 17:57   #160
BHPian

Spent the whole weekend in front of the TV. Everyone is shocked at how much TV I can consume. I could do with a little less ad breaks though!
Old 9th February 2010, 14:12   #161
BHPian

guys can anyone confirm it its available on AIRTEL
Old 9th February 2010, 14:33   #162
BHPian

Discovery BHP is a great channel! I love 5th Gear, Wheeler Dealer, Most Expensive Rides and off late Trick My Truck. Nothing like chilling out after a day at office watching these shows. And the best part: I don't have to fight with anyone as TV is my monopoly .
Old 9th February 2010, 17:46   #163
BHPian

Can I get this channel in my Airtel TV?
Old 9th February 2010, 19:41   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhall_gagan View Post
guys can anyone confirm it its available on AIRTEL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Games Goblin View Post
Can I get this channel in my Airtel TV?
Hi, i was checking the airtel DTH site: Airtel Digital TV Packages, DTH Tariffs, Plans, DTH Offers, Top ups in India
Did not find Discovery Turbo mentioned there. If you have an airtel mobile connection, you can call them on 12150, toll free. From land line you can dial 1800-102- 8080 toll free for enquiry. I tried this number and there was a wait time. Perhaps if you try, you guys might get luckier than me!
Old 9th February 2010, 20:48   #165
Senior - BHPian

Wheeler Dealers and Auto Trader are one of the most informative programmes on this channel. The good thing is that while they hurry to get more programmes into the channel, they repeat them around the day many times so even of you don't have a Tata Sky+ there is always a time slot where you can watch them.

Overhauling, Fifth Gear and Garage are again some of my favorites. Some how The Biker Buildoff looks terribly rigged and pointed in one direction, in promoting the Tetuls and their company, still fun to watch.

Am waiting to see a show dedicated to 4X4s and im sure it wont be long.........
Meanwhile,.....Im loving it!!!!!! Now only to find a way to get these recordings transferred.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks