Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2010, 08:02   #181
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
@Mustang.101: Your price is now floating around the internet and i think ford have already known that somebody from ford done this. Did they investigate on this or warned anyone? I know you can't be caught by ford since your name is not public.

Also how can ford reduce price more? After all this is not a maruti wagon r or estilo. Also the beat is small so it has a vfm, but how can figo go that level?

Investigations are always secret. nobody except the investigators knows when they start or end.

I am not supposed to comment on cars from other manufacturers as per the directives given to me by the mods.
Old 6th March 2010, 08:07   #182
BANNED

Quote:
From where did you got that price? As per ford pricing will be out at the launch only. If its true, it will be the 8th wonder. This pricing will destroy marutis segment vehicle from wagon r to top rits and shift.

From 3.4 to 5, it will car almost the full hatch segment with petrol and diesel variant. Intelligent work by ford. After all ford has been hard working on this for last few years.
The teaser was on the ad in some website, I think it was on indiatimes.com.
I will try again to find and post it here soon.
Also note that Taxes in Delhi are 2% below 4Lac and 4% above 4lac, thats why the differance in Zxi and titanium

Last edited by jacksons : 6th March 2010 at 08:21.
Old 6th March 2010, 09:27   #183
BANNED

Sorry guys, the teaser is for Beat not for the Figo.
Sorry again.
Old 6th March 2010, 11:19   #184
BHPian

Quote:
@Mustang.101: Your price is now floating around the internet and i think ford have already known that somebody from ford done this. Did they investigate on this or warned anyone? I know you can't be caught by ford since your name is not public.
He is only doing a favour to the hype which Ford wants to create around FIGO. Why would Ford warn or penalise someone who is doing goodwork to their brand free of cost?

Other companies spend a lot for doing this(they outsource the work to some online-PR agency)
Old 6th March 2010, 14:07   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post

The diesel Figo might be the gem, but the petrol seems overpriced.

What tips the scales in favor of the Figo Petrol???
Completely agree with you, what is the USP of the Petrol Figo? The overall car package may be good. But when all other manufacturer seems to have a decent, balanced Petrol engine, Ford has a delivered a brand new engine which is neither powerful nor fuel efficient. This is so startling, and I wonder what sort of R&D has Ford done to develop this 'brand new' engine.
Old 6th March 2010, 16:43   #186
BANNED

ARAI figures for the figo:

Petrol = 15.6 kmpl

Diesel = 20 kmpl

Good Enough?
Old 6th March 2010, 17:02   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpzone View Post
... The quality of a car can be tested by the re-sale market and there Ford is in the Lowest quartile.
That, I find a little hard to agree with. I've seen ppl advising against Fiat cars quoting bad resale value among other reasons like A.S.S.
So, wouldn't it be unfair to judge the quality of a car by merely its resale value?
Old 6th March 2010, 17:06   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
ARAI figures for the figo:

Petrol = 15.6 kmpl

Diesel = 20 kmpl

Good Enough?
Good enough for the Diesel, not for the Petrol. A 15.6 ARAI figure is definitely below par for a 70 bhp Petrol unit. Look at Beat, Kappa, K12M. Disappointed.

What did Ford develop for this car then? The diesel engine is same as Fiesta, the car platform is same as fiesta, some interior fittings as same as fiesta. All they needed to develop is Petrol 1.2L motor, and they have under-achieved.

Ford has to price the Petrol very very aggressively to generate any sales at all. Diesel should be sure seller.
Old 6th March 2010, 17:11   #189
BHPian

bumper pricing

only thing which goes against this car is the styling factor
hope ford finds a blockbuster with this product
Old 6th March 2010, 17:25   #190
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
The teaser was on the ad in some website, I think it was on indiatimes.com.
I will try again to find and post it here soon.
Also note that Taxes in Delhi are 2% below 4Lac and 4% above 4lac, thats why the differance in Zxi and titanium
Very thanks for that, i was so confused seeing it.

Also others please stop comments against Mustang.101. According to this forum rules we are not allowed to do that. Mods have already removed some posts regarding this. We are here to discuss on vehicle not on persons.
Old 6th March 2010, 18:02   #191
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuboid View Post
Good enough for the Diesel, not for the Petrol. A 15.6 ARAI figure is definitely below par for a 70 bhp Petrol unit. Look at Beat, Kappa, K12M. Disappointed.

What did Ford develop for this car then? The diesel engine is same as Fiesta, the car platform is same as fiesta, some interior fittings as same as fiesta. All they needed to develop is Petrol 1.2L motor, and they have under-achieved.

Ford has to price the Petrol very very aggressively to generate any sales at all. Diesel should be sure seller.

I agree with you on the ARAI figures, However i want you to take a long test drive of the figo, the ritz & the i10 kappa on the same day. You will know the answer.
Old 6th March 2010, 18:49   #192

I spoke to a dealer in Mumbai. I'm only interested in the petrol version (don't ask me why right now...more in a separate thread).

Here are the prices he quoted (only asked the prices for models I was interested in)

1.2 ZXI - 3.75L
1.2 Titanium - 3.95L

I almost fell off my chair. Hell the top end is cheaper than the new Maruti estillo top end.

Another dealer I spoke to quoted 4L for the ZXI. Guess they're setting expectations. If Ford anounces higher prices than those floating around, they're going to lose it very quickly.

All prices ex-showroom (Mumbai).
Old 6th March 2010, 20:38   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Investigations are always secret. nobody except the investigators knows when they start or end.

I am not supposed to comment on cars from other manufacturers as per the directives given to me by the mods.
I am sure the warning was not for commenting on other manufacturers cars but for spitting and cussing at them ( At the mint with the hole)

Ford will not be amused only if Mustang has given the exact pricing which i think is not the case here. The final pricing has to be diff. This pricing doesn't make sense to me. Anyways lets wait and see.

Quote:
I agree with you on the ARAI figures, However i want you to take a long test drive of the figo, the ritz & the i10 kappa on the same day. You will know the answer.
I do not think the Figo engine will come anywhere near the Ritzs K series engine but the ride will def be better . (If only the seats were not so budget and FORD had given us better seats it could have been even more impressive )
Old 6th March 2010, 21:41   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devu View Post
I spoke to a dealer in Mumbai. I'm only interested in the petrol version (don't ask me why right now...more in a separate thread).

Here are the prices he quoted (only asked the prices for models I was interested in)

1.2 ZXI - 3.75L
1.2 Titanium - 3.95L

I almost fell off my chair. Hell the top end is cheaper than the new Maruti estillo top end.

Another dealer I spoke to quoted 4L for the ZXI. Guess they're setting expectations. If Ford anounces higher prices than those floating around, they're going to lose it very quickly.

All prices ex-showroom (Mumbai).
1.2 Titanium for 3.95? For real? Heck, I'm gonna fall of my chair soon!

Aaah, I hope to god they bring a sweet 1.6 "sport" version with a sunroof, climate control etc. for around 7L.

cheers!
Old 6th March 2010, 22:27   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post

Aaah, I hope to god they bring a sweet 1.6 "sport" version with a sunroof, climate control etc. for around 7L.

cheers!
Man! really that would be brilliant. The 1.6 with disc brakes all around and slighly stiffer suspension. I am drooling already.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks