Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which do you think is better?
Maruti Swift VDI ABS 174 33.92%
Ford Figo TDCI Titanium 339 66.08%
Voters: 513. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2010, 08:06   #106
BHPian

I too heard the same from Lathangi when I went there last Sat. If its true then this is gonna reduce the difference between Swift Diesel and Figo. It was a balanced run till now, with the price increase, well, I Donno Swift could regain the lead
Old 25th May 2010, 11:26   #107
BHPian

Emergency Plz Help

I was almost almost almost finalized on Figo TDCi Exi. Just then I got a call from Maruti Showroom with an offer for Ritz Diesel. So now both exactly same price @ 5.7 Onroad blore.

So now what do u people suggest?

PS: Ritz VDi is ready for delivery as well.
Old 25th May 2010, 11:34   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
I was almost almost almost finalized on Figo TDCi Exi. Just then I got a call from Maruti Showroom with an offer for Ritz Diesel. So now both exactly same price @ 5.7 Onroad blore.
I think you should still go for the Figo. A better looking and more solid car. When I test drove the Ritz, it felt like a toy.
Old 25th May 2010, 11:49   #109
BHPian

@sam_sant2005: Is it Mandovi ? They did this to me too. However its not so toucgh choice.

Feature wise Figo is still above Ritz. However do consider they are different models like tall boy vs Figo. Make a choice based on what you need not just the price. ~6L is big money and ensure you are pretty sure about it.

For me a second test drive sealed the deal. There was 0% doubt on figo after that.
Old 25th May 2010, 11:59   #110
BHPian

Go for Figo TCDI. Ford has been manufacturing diesels since long.
Old 25th May 2010, 12:10   #111
Senior - BHPian

The Figo no matter what, is an old car and no amount of makeup can hide this fact. Figo already looks a generation old compared to its more contemporary rivals even though its a new launch. Keep that in mind before you make your decision. 6L for a car with such an old design IMHO would not be too wise and owners will realize it if not now, but surely maybe a year later when it will look all the more dated. Heck it already looks quite dated even now.

Last edited by SPARKled : 25th May 2010 at 12:12.
Old 25th May 2010, 12:32   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Go for the Ritz, if you want a relatively better looking car and the Maruti peace-of-mind. If you are looking for a car that is a blast to drive, sign the cheque for the Figo.
Old 25th May 2010, 12:54   #113
BHPian

Quote:

Points to consider:

Power to Weight Ratios for the diesels (HP/Tonne)

Figo - ~60
Ritz - ~67
Swift - ~69

They are all pretty close. but Ford is way ahead in handling, overall build quality etc.

My personal experience with Ford's (Petrol)

My first IKON was a used 1.6 Clxi, no power steering, windows nothing. But what a brilliant machine. Had her for 2 years and replaced it with another IKON 1.6 Nxt. Had that for 3 years. Besides service and I think once they needed to replace a wheel bearing, there was no fuss. They are well built and tough cars.

My personal experence with Swifts (Petrol)

Everything said and done, it was a fantastic car. We had 2 simultaneously. But build quality is not upto the mark nor was it easy on the pocket to maintain as popular belief may have it. It costs as much to maintain as any other vehicle.
Old 25th May 2010, 13:02   #114
BHPian

Quote:
I hear lot of good things about Figo like strong build, no turbolag,vfm and good ride quality. But on the otherhand Ritz is also already proven, carries the Fiats best diesel engine on its class, dynamic look, good ***/resale(since maruti's) and good FE too. I cannot agree with the 'toy like ride quality' on Ritz as I have driven more than 2500km so far, it feels like a big car, it never made me tired during long drives and still makes me crave for more long drives. Figo offers some more features like inbuilt music system,bluetooth, bigger tyres, etc., except rear power windows. I feel choosing one among these two won't be a big blunder. As both are so close, now choose based on what your heart says and you won't be disappointed much.

Thanks,
SANSI
Old 25th May 2010, 14:05   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANSI View Post
I feel choosing one among these two won't be a big blunder. As both are so close, now choose based on what your heart says and you won't be disappointed much.
+1 on this. I completely agree with Sansi.
They both are so close you wont loose out on anything if you chose any one. Just listen to your heart and decide.

If you need expert opinion you can ask, but there is nothing to ask among equals, they both are just equal. Dont keep asking people, just decide an go ahead.
Old 25th May 2010, 14:43   #116
Senior - BHPian

^ Totally agree! Test drive is the best way to decide. Here are the impressions I got:

Swift - turbo kick is strong, so this can amount to loads of fun. Car feels very strong and sturdy, almost rugged. Fun factor comes from acceleration.

Figo - feels like a petrol car, no turbo lag. First and best thing you notice is the steering directness and responsiveness. Feels like car is ready to move in any direction you point it. Fun factor comes from steering and handling.

So it is a question of taste, really.
Old 1st June 2010, 08:14   #117
BHPian

Why Figo over Swift

Figo Exi TDCi
- Front Power Windows Included
- CD Player Included
- Central Locking Included
- Bangalore Onroad Price 5.71
- Sunfilm (Add 3k)
- Total Cost 5.75

Swift LDi
- Bangalore onroad price 5.81
- Central Locking (Add 5k)
- Front Power Windows (Add 7.5k)
- CD Player (Add 12.5k)
- Sunfilm (3k)
- Total Cost 609000

Swift VDi
- Bangalore onroad price 6.28
- Sunfilm (Add 3k)
- Total Cost 6.31

Figo's saving over even LDi is 34k. 34k in my opinion is a good saving PLUS the fact that its always better to get central locking and power windows company fitted.

Figo's saving over VDi is a whopping 56k. Again a very good saving at that.

Only things Swift has better when compared to Figo is => Maruti Service Network, Extreme handling characteristics and the 'Thrill factor' (the only reason I want Swift for ).

Everywhere else Figo is better => be it Comfort, Riding position, A/c, Cabin space, Boot space, Interior quality, overall build quality etc.

PLUS the fact that Figo comes with broad tyres and you just need to add an Alloy set to it, unlike Swift wherein you have to change that stupid stock tyre as well. Again a saving of around 15- 20k.

So now you know why one should go for Figo Exi TDCi.

Am I Right?
Old 1st June 2010, 13:39   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Only things Swift has better when compared to Figo is => Maruti Service Network, Extreme handling characteristics and the 'Thrill factor' (the only reason I want Swift for )
I agree with you about the service network. However, Figo is the better handler of the two IMHO, and it has its own thrill factor (feels like a mini-Fiesta!).

What remains to be seen about Figo is how reliable it turns out to be and how well Ford is able to service so many cars like Maruti! Apart from this unknown, Figo wins in every way when it comes to diesel - IMHO of course.

In petrol... Swift wins hands down
Old 1st June 2010, 19:39   #119
BHPian

HAven't TD the Figo but looks like feature wise it wins hands down.

Coming to me couldn't wait for 6months for SWIFt DDIS and bought a VXI.

Now I am deep in love with Swift VXI that I wouldn't change it for any other. Before it was our M800.

If I get a chance to buy another one, it has to be SWIFT DDIS. And I am ready to wait. One hell of a car. IMHO.
Old 2nd June 2010, 07:19   #120
BHPian

ok guys though I voted for Figo in this forum, my head took over my heart and Iam booking my Swift Diesel today For the 'feel' and power Swift won over Figo and also the Figo price hike!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks