Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2010, 11:57   #91
BHPian

Centre console looks like front of ANHC.
Old 28th March 2010, 13:19   #92
BHPian

@Mustang.101 - Any plans of launching the Ford Fiesta Econetic here ?

Read about it here - 2010 Ford Fiesta ECOnetic Review 1 of 3 | The Motor Report: Auto News And Reviews

Seems like a brilliant hatch for the mileage concerned Indian market. Aussie reviewers have great things to say about Performance and Fuel effeciency of his hatch. I guess it pips Toyota Prius and Camry Hybrid in mileage department.
Old 28th March 2010, 13:27   #93
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
@Mustang.101 - Any plans of launching the Ford Fiesta Econetic here ?

Read about it here - 2010 Ford Fiesta ECOnetic Review 1 of 3 | The Motor Report: Auto News And Reviews

Seems like a brilliant hatch for the mileage concerned Indian market. Aussie reviewers have great things to say about Performance and Fuel effeciency of his hatch. I guess it pips Toyota Prius and Camry Hybrid in mileage department.
yea i have seen this one being launched in the UK but i dont think it will make it to India as unlike in India, In the UK this car is exempted from road tax as its CO2 emmissions are really really low, probably the lowest & also the insurance companies there offer really low insurance on this variant.

Such kind of offers are not available in India as the government & insurance companies dont give a damn about such vehicles so i guess theres no point in launching one here.
Old 29th March 2010, 09:19   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Such kind of offers are not available in India as the government & insurance companies dont give a damn about such vehicles so i guess theres no point in launching one here.
Yes no point launching from business angle. From consumer angle, Econetic makes terrific sense even if it comes with little premium. But, as said by you in other thread, Govt should cut the subsidies for cars meeting requirement <4m and <1.2L and provide some subsidies/incentives to environment friendly cars such as Econetic, Prius, etc just like UK Govt does.
Old 29th March 2010, 11:56   #95
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
Yes no point launching from business angle. From consumer angle, Econetic makes terrific sense even if it comes with little premium. But, as said by you in other thread, Govt should cut the subsidies for cars meeting requirement <4m and <1.2L and provide some subsidies/incentives to environment friendly cars such as Econetic, Prius, etc just like UK Govt does.
Exactly my point, Our government is full of uneducated people who think that "badee gadee matlab zyaada polluting gaadi"..

Our government thinks that the smaller the car, the lesser the traffic.

What they dont realise that having a 3989 mm long car or a 4100 mm long car makes absolutely no impact on traffic conditions also.

For god's sake it only 1.1 cms longer.
Old 29th March 2010, 12:31   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Boy, I sure did not hear anything about the plum colored dash (Pic-1) , everyone likes the black + silver here but nobody said a word about the plum colored one. I thought that the plum would be the hot topic here.

The base interiors also drew a few good comments & the blue was not liked by many here.

PS - That plum colored one is the one thats always kept indoors so that nobody sees it.
Hi Mustang: I like that plum color on dash. I did comment on it (post #3).Micra too has similar share on the dash.
Old 29th March 2010, 13:29   #97
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdrive View Post
Hi Mustang: I like that plum color on dash. I did comment on it (post #3).Micra too has similar share on the dash.
Micra does have that plum interior color? I did not see that in this month's autocar magazine, neither did i see it in them auto shows.

All i saw in the micra interiors were shades of beige-grey & silver.

btw ford sells Volvo to Geely cars of China

Full details @ http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...e-company.html

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 29th March 2010 at 13:37.
Old 29th March 2010, 13:42   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Micra does have that plum interior color? I did not see that in this month's autocar magazine, neither did i see it in them auto shows.
Last week I saw 2 black Micra on road here in Chennai. They were on test drive I guess. One of them had half of dash(bottom half) in plum color. Other one had full grey dash.
Old 29th March 2010, 18:36   #99
BANNED

@Mustang - thanks for a quick feedback comparing the newbie to the current one; that was good. I have been looking out for a second car and the fiesta has been the top of my list though the 118PS Honda engine takes the edge. If fiesta is coming by Q1 2011 i will surely not mind waiting.

Any idea on diesel engine specs. Its roumoured to have the DV6 ATED4 90Ps engine which really would play spoil sport. They should get the DV6 TED4 110Ps which is doing duty in the focus currently i believe (please note that the market positioning of the focus in the west is similar to what the fiesta is positioned in india). They will have an downright winner in their hands and could send the Hyundai verna succoring for answers. Any comments on the D specs mustang ?
Old 29th March 2010, 18:53   #100
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanths1 View Post
@Mustang - thanks for a quick feedback comparing the newbie to the current one; that was good. I have been looking out for a second car and the fiesta has been the top of my list though the 118PS Honda engine takes the edge. If fiesta is coming by Q1 2011 i will surely not mind waiting.

Any idea on diesel engine specs. Its roumoured to have the DV6 ATED4 90Ps engine which really would play spoil sport. They should get the DV6 TED4 110Ps which is doing duty in the focus currently i believe (please note that the market positioning of the focus in the west is similar to what the fiesta is positioned in india). They will have an downright winner in their hands and could send the Hyundai verna succoring for answers. Any comments on the D specs mustang ?

No i dont have D specs with me as yet.
Old 31st March 2010, 16:50   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanths1 View Post
Any idea on diesel engine specs. Its roumoured to have the DV6 ATED4 90Ps engine which really would play spoil sport. They should get the DV6 TED4 110Ps which is doing duty in the focus currently i believe (please note that the market positioning of the focus in the west is similar to what the fiesta is positioned in india). They will have an downright winner in their hands and could send the Hyundai verna succoring for answers.
Hi Srikanth, you surely seem to know a lot about the type of engine the Ford has man, good to know.

One point from my side, I guess already the Fiestas are outselling Verna, dont think beatin Verna is part of any Ford Strategy, they would rather attempt to break into the ANHC's market share.
Old 23rd June 2010, 22:16   #102
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have any information on the possible launch date of the European Fiesta in India.
Last we heard of the 4th quarter of this year.
This thread seems to have died out post Mustang got banned.

Anybody has any information about the car??
Old 3rd December 2010, 19:39   #103
BHPian

Hi Mustang, any news on the probable launch date???
Old 4th January 2011, 17:43   #104
BHPian

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 46

Got a call from Trichy dealer, that the new Fiesta will be launched before Pongal (14th, Jan) and the deliveries will commence from 1st week of February.
Old 4th January 2011, 17:52   #105

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Drive View Post
Got a call from Trichy dealer, that the new Fiesta will be launched before Pongal (14th, Jan) and the deliveries will commence from 1st week of February.
Great news are they launching both hatchback and sedan ? Any specific launch date?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks