Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2010, 19:07   #76
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
@mustang any idea how much power output of the new fiesta will be?
Around 120 BHP for the Ti-VCT Duratec.
Old 27th March 2010, 19:11   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Ford Ikon will be discontinued by year end
The best thing for Ford to do would be, provide some big discount for the current Ikon guys, I mean old ones to upgrade to the Global Fiesta sedan,
By this way it serves two purpose,
1. Have thier current Ikon customers in good frame of mind
2. It would serve as good PR and increase the sales of Global fiesta rightaway. and Needless to say its such a great CRM activity.

What say guys.

@MUSTANG your take on this??
Old 27th March 2010, 19:14   #78
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
The best thing for Ford to do would be, provide some big discount for the current Ikon guys, I mean old ones to upgrade to the Global Fiesta sedan,
By this way it serves two purpose,
1. Have thier current Ikon customers in good frame of mind
2. It would serve as good PR and increase the sales of Global fiesta rightaway. and Needless to say its such a great CRM activity.

What say guys.

@MUSTANG your take on this??

I doubt that they would ever do that but i sure hope that they do as it would personally benefit me too as i am planning to swap my Ikon 1.6 with that new ford fiesta.
Old 27th March 2010, 19:28   #79
Senior - BHPian

something fishy here. The Some pics look rather too professional .

If coming any soon to our shores expect the fiesta with a boot and a price tag to match the boot (somewhere in the lines of the SX4).
Old 27th March 2010, 19:32   #80
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
something fishy here. The Some pics look rather too professional .
You can thank my camera for that, it takes brilliant pictures in non-presence of sunlight, In sunlight, its not that good.

Its a Sony cybershot btw.
Old 27th March 2010, 19:33   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
@Mustang - mate, please do not take unnecessary risks at your job in order to click pics. Inside information is welcome, but not by putting yourself/job at risk.

Please take due care! All the best!!
@mustang, I agree to Alok. you are risking your job considering that Ford has policies prohibiting usage of camera at the plant and I don't want you ending in trouble just to provide advance information which would be due at a later stage
Old 27th March 2010, 19:35   #82
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Just had a small TD (20 kms) in the new fiesta sedan petrol 1.6 Ti-VCT duratec. Now i am going to compare it with our current 1.6 L duratec fiesta. Just going to compare performance & ride & handling.
You are officially the first test driver of new Fiesta Sedan in India

How is rear space in the new sedan? Also is there a 1.6 TDCi version parked among the lot?
Old 27th March 2010, 19:40   #83
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
You are officially the first test driver of new Fiesta Sedan in India

How is rear space in the new sedan? Also is there a 1.6 TDCi version parked among the lot?
I am not the first test driver, there are many others who did this before me.
Some photos I took from the rear bench but however i did not notice the space in detail but i could fit in the middle over the hump easily.

There is an imported 1.6 TDCi also here that churns out around 90 BHP & 220 Nm of torque.
Old 27th March 2010, 19:42   #84

Quote:
Around 120 BHP for the Ti-VCT Duratec.
@mustang. are they going to make this 120BHP engine at the new engine plant in chennai? That would be the only way they can compete on price
Old 27th March 2010, 20:12   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just had a small TD (20 kms) in the new fiesta sedan petrol 1.6 Ti-VCT duratec. Now i am going to compare it with our current 1.6 L duratec fiesta. Just going to compare performance & ride & handling.
Great review Mustang! I have pretty much heard the same things from other people have driven the new Fiesta. I know one of the newer Ford models (Fiesta or Focus?) comes up electro-hydraulic steering. Not sure what that means but apparently it's better than the regular EPS.

Too bad about the loss of the heavy steering feel. It's one of the best parts about the current Fiesta. But if the new one handles and corners even better, then some loss of steering feel can be accepted.

Some questions

1. Do the doors feel heavy and close with a thud?
2. Is low end torque as good as the current Duractec 1.6? I have no doubt that this new engine will be a killer above 2K RPM.
3. Has that occasional 'kadak' steering column noise when driving on really bad surfaces fixed?
4. What is the default tire size for India and will there be options?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Bingo!

I too don't like the new Fiesta's design, overstyled and bulbous is my first impression. But then, I am often called boring because I say that I like the current Fiesta's looks .
I really like the Focus that's on sale in the US. I had posted a pic of it in 'Ford's future line up' thread. It comes with some 'enhanced european suspension' options which I am sure will never be offered in India. :( I have not seen the new Fiesta sedan in the flesh, so I will pass final judgement when I see it, but I definitely don't like what I see in the pics.

Mustang: Is the new Fiesta sedan doing test runs in Chengalpet yet? Only the hatch seems to have been spotted often till now.

Last edited by Gilead : 27th March 2010 at 20:18.
Old 28th March 2010, 08:41   #86
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Great review Mustang! I have pretty much heard the same things from other people have driven the new Fiesta. I know one of the newer Ford models (Fiesta or Focus?) comes up electro-hydraulic steering. Not sure what that means but apparently it's better than the regular EPS.

Too bad about the loss of the heavy steering feel. It's one of the best parts about the current Fiesta. But if the new one handles and corners even better, then some loss of steering feel can be accepted.

Some questions

1. Do the doors feel heavy and close with a thud?
2. Is low end torque as good as the current Duractec 1.6? I have no doubt that this new engine will be a killer above 2K RPM.
3. Has that occasional 'kadak' steering column noise when driving on really bad surfaces fixed?
4. What is the default tire size for India and will there be options?

Mustang: Is the new Fiesta sedan doing test runs in Chengalpet yet? Only the hatch seems to have been spotted often till now.
Ans 1: Doors feel really heavy & do close with a thud, Most of the car is designed & engineered in germany @ our cologne plant.

Ans 2: The low end torque is better.

Ans 3: Did not notice/could not notice

Ans 4: Tyre size has not been decided for India yet, This one had 195/?? R15 tires wheras the other car had 205/?? R16 tires.

The fiesta sedan has already gone preliminary tests at chengalpattu but endurance tests, final tests etc. are still remaining so this means that guys in chennai will be seeing this sedan really soon.

The hatch is currently undergoing endurance tests.

@yogisworld : I guess ford india will have to make this engine here to be cost competitive & demand sensitive but i dont get a lot of intel from the engine assembly plant so lets see if i can get something for you from that side.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 28th March 2010 at 08:43.
Old 28th March 2010, 10:19   #87
BHPian

@ Mustang

I know you said that the hatch will release after the sedan but as you said that the hatch is undergoing endurance testing and the sedan is yet to go for it, does this mean the hatch will come before the sedan?

WOuld be a good thing for me.. I wouldnt mind

BTW, Can I PM you for some details that I need regarding the existing fiesta sedan?
Old 28th March 2010, 11:05   #88
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
@ Mustang

I know you said that the hatch will release after the sedan but as you said that the hatch is undergoing endurance testing and the sedan is yet to go for it, does this mean the hatch will come before the sedan?

WOuld be a good thing for me.. I wouldnt mind

BTW, Can I PM you for some details that I need regarding the existing fiesta sedan?
It is true that sedan is yet to undergo endurance testing but the sedan will undergo endurance testing only when the production prototype for India is made in the plant, This is going to happen soon & then after a few months you can see this car all covered up on the streets.

The sedan will come first & then the hatch will come.

Yes you can PM me.
Old 28th March 2010, 11:22   #89
BHPian

Mustang.101, Nice scoop thanks for sharing with team-bhp, but for me It looks like only 4th and last photo were taken from Sony Cybeshot and rest are all professional photos taken after proper lighting I may be wrong but that is what my impression.

BTW, I liked the new fiesta design & 1.6 TDCi
Old 28th March 2010, 11:40   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvvinod View Post
Mustang.101, Nice scoop thanks for sharing with team-bhp, but for me It looks like only 4th and last photo were taken from Sony Cybeshot and rest are all professional photos taken after proper lighting I may be wrong but that is what my impression.

BTW, I liked the new fiesta design & 1.6 TDCi
Well Vinod there are people who feel that, but if you look at his review, you can notice that he is not lopsided. He is giving out his fair and square reviews. Thats what finally counts not the pics of the interiors.

@Mustang : By the way, try changing the subject of the thread the discussion has gone beyond the interiors post you took a TD of the vehicle.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks