Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2011, 12:11   #136
Team-BHP Support

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 46

Its been ages since the Mondeo class is gone. A new version is really long due.
Old 16th January 2011, 15:24   #137
Team-BHP Support

I like the way Ford is getting its act beefed up in India. But what I don't like is way they re-badge models in India - e.g.; Ford Everest as Endeavour, and the existing Fiesta. Not sure if launching the new Fiesta with an India specific name of Falcon / Verve is aligned to the One Ford vision!
Old 17th January 2011, 13:25   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I like the way Ford is getting its act beefed up in India. But what I don't like is way they re-badge models in India - e.g.; Ford Everest as Endeavour, and the existing Fiesta. Not sure if launching the new Fiesta with an India specific name of Falcon / Verve is aligned to the One Ford vision!
Some other company had already registered the name "Everest" in India, so Ford had to re-badge as "Endeavour" for India.
Old 17th January 2011, 14:03   #139
BHPian

Yesterday Siddarth from NDTV was interviewing Ford's CEO and he told that the Ford Focus and Fiesta sedan will be launched VERY SOON in India.
Old 17th January 2011, 16:37   #140
BHPian

Don't know what VERY SOON means by FORD CEO's standard. It can be anytime in 2011, from this month end to year end!

Very Soon...! A VERY LIMITED edition of current FIESTA seems to be currently in the pipeline to clear their stocks (and those of 22" SONY LCD TV )

Last edited by breezydrive : 17th January 2011 at 16:40.
Old 17th January 2011, 17:23   #141
Senior - BHPian

I spoke to the Ford sales guy on Saturday during a test drive.
He indicated that the new Fiesta Sedan will be out towards the end of this year.
The old Fiesta will continue to be sold (the new Fiesta sedan will be sold in the next/ higher segment to compete with Honda City et. al.)
The old stock of Fiesta is almost exhausted - only some entry level models (such as EXi's are left)
Old 17th January 2011, 18:16   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
He indicated that the new Fiesta Sedan will be out towards the end of this year.
The old Fiesta will continue to be sold (the new Fiesta sedan will be sold in the next/ higher segment to compete with Honda City et. al.)
The old stock of Fiesta is almost exhausted - only some entry level models (such as EXi's are left)

Not sure if this is correct. Dont think it wil be that late.

My source tell me that you will be seeing the Test Drive reports in TBHP around mid-March .
By end of March you should be able to book one. But its just my source's information not confirmed.
Old 17th January 2011, 19:32   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If the old Fiesta is going to be sold along side the new one, why the fuss of clearing the old models? Its already new year and do they still have 2010 models lying in their backyards? When the company itself knows they are bringing in the new model, why do they still make it in large numbers? I am just confused as hell !
Old 17th January 2011, 20:46   #144
Team-BHP Support

The main "hope" point is to see the 1.6 Diesel as what Vento offers. Given that 1.4 Diesel is serving Figo class models, the 1.6 is the one to watch out for.
Then we have some balance of power. Today Vento is the king.
Old 17th January 2011, 21:15   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Not sure if this is correct. Dont think it wil be that late.

My source tell me that you will be seeing the Test Drive reports in TBHP around mid-March .
By end of March you should be able to book one. But its just my source's information not confirmed.
any word on the timeline of hatch release?
Old 17th January 2011, 21:53   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The main "hope" point is to see the 1.6 Diesel as what Vento offers. Given that 1.4 Diesel is serving Figo class models, the 1.6 is the one to watch out for.
Then we have some balance of power. Today Vento is the king
+1

Heard lots of good things on characteristics of current generation Fiesta. Hope the design changes does not have any impact on the handling of the upcoming model on the negative side..March-April 2011 time frame would be really great (Verna vs Fiesta vs Vento)
Old 17th January 2011, 22:04   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have the same news from a reliable source of mine. Expect the new Fiesta only by year end.

Last edited by anachronix : 17th January 2011 at 22:05.
Old 18th January 2011, 10:42   #148
BHPian

Quote:
The sales guy I talked to, said the same but the interesting news is that the hatch is coming out first in 2-3 months and then the Sedan in the 4th quarter. Of course, only Mustang can confirm these statements.
Old 18th January 2011, 10:43   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
If the old Fiesta is going to be sold along side the new one, why the fuss of clearing the old models? Its already new year and do they still have 2010 models lying in their backyards? When the company itself knows they are bringing in the new model, why do they still make it in large numbers? I am just confused as hell !
As I understand, this is just normal clearance of old stock (just as any other car manufacturer's old stock). I don't see many people would go for EXi models to be honest. So, how would they sell those? Maybe launch another Limited Edition? Or maybe give an LCD free?

But again, the local sales guy would not have complete visibility into Ford's plan for the rest of the year, I believe. So, some amount of it is speculation.
We have to wait and watch.

If the old Fiesta is discontinued, then there is a big gap between Figo (top end at 6.2 lacs and Fiesta new model (entry level at say 8 lacs). Who would bridge this gap from Ford?
Old 18th January 2011, 12:05   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru View Post
any word on the timeline of hatch release?
When I was at the Ford A.S.S in Dec 2010, made an enquiry with the service advisor about the fiesta hatch. In turn he called up the sales department and they mentioned that the hatch would be released in the Feb-March period.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks