Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2011, 00:02   #901
Senior - BHPian

re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Secondly a Pete's box does increase power and torque in fiesta by quite an amount. But I haven't heard customers complaining with increased lag problem.
When Petes box is used, the increase in power comes by changing the air-fuel mixture (mostly more fuel) fed to the engine and the size of the turbo remains same. That's why no change in the turbo lag. In case of comparison between smaller engine (1.3 L) producing more output (90 bhp) and bigger engine (1.4 L) producing relatively lesser power (80 bhp), the bigger engine is using a smaller turbo and hence less lag. Of course many other things including variable geometry could change things. .

Last edited by Guna : 18th April 2011 at 00:04.
Old 18th April 2011, 01:55   #902
Senior - BHPian

The Mini SUV thats planned in the 8 new car strategy of ford india is probably the Ford Kuga or a new SUV that is being tested on the Fiesta Platform. The Kuga at around 15-17 Lakh could be a winner. The New Endeavour would fit in at around 20-22 Lakh i believe.
Attached Thumbnails
New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-ford_kuga_front_20081206.jpg  

New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120-800pxford_kuga_rear_20081206.jpg  

Last edited by nik_kapur : 18th April 2011 at 02:00.
Old 18th April 2011, 02:29   #903
BHPian

They should launch the SMAX here
The ultimate family car which keeps daddy/husband happy at the same time.
Will definately give rash Innova cab drivers a scare or two
Old 18th April 2011, 06:50   #904
Team-BHP Support

Here is the link to the Ford Line-up discussions:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...e-line-up.html
Old 18th April 2011, 08:51   #905
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
That is good news. Thanks.
Any target timelines? Would it be there by 2012 at least?

PS: Sorry for off-topic question.
Definitely not by 2012, But maybe by 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Here is the link to the Ford Line-up discussions:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...e-line-up.html
Thanks for posting this for others' convenience, Let's just discuss the Fiesta here.
Old 18th April 2011, 14:18   #906
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
You are just referring to India, I am referring globally.

Tail lights resembling the european mondeo, Side resembling the focus, Headlights resembling the european mondeo again.

^ how much more european do you wan't?

PS - This car has been in production even much much before the verna. Fiesta started its production in late 2008, hyundai RB has started its production in January 2011 (someone confirm). So its not fair to say that the fiesta resembles the verna, it should be vice versa. Don't you think?

This is the mondeo

AND

this is the fiesta.

Don't these two look similar?
Compare the FRONT to a European classic..
Now do u see?

Old 18th April 2011, 14:22   #907
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Compare the FRONT to a European classic..
Now do u see?

Hmmm, so you wan't ford to make a VW,

Ford Fiesta Mark VI : Top selling car in the UK for 2010 <---- Looks like Europe loves what you call "Non European"

And as far as the looks are concerned, show me one international website that says the fiesta looks chinese/japanese/korean.
Let me give you a hint : Google won't help you.

And btw what you are calling European classic is actually a made for India car. And I still say that the fiesta looks european

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 18th April 2011 at 14:29.
Old 18th April 2011, 14:52   #908
Senior - BHPian

^^
Not trying to win an argument, but simply stating that I (Me & Myself) feel it looks South-East Asian..
The Vento for me is a European classic in terms of the way it looks - simplistic elegance.

Now why are you trying to force your (or international magazines) opinion on me?
Old 18th April 2011, 15:27   #909
Senior - BHPian

This thread is rocking.
I am very much interested in the new Fiesta though not as a potential buyer.

Saw some comparisons with Vento diesel. Having driven the Vento Diesel, its got an amazing engine. The turbo lag is minimal and the midrange and even the top end blows you away. The Fiests diesel might have less turbolag, but it can't compete with the Vento diesel otherwise. And the turbolag in Vento is any way so less, that it hardly a problem for anyone and many people including me will be happy to live with it given the amazing midrange and top end, where the Fiesta can't simply match it.
I also agree that the Vento's steering is pretty lifeless and the old Fiesta (classic) has a much better steering.
I also found the suspension in the Vento to be on the softer side and body roll is also noticeable. The Fiesta classic scores much better in steering and handling.

@Mustang, thanks for giving all the information about the new Fiesta.

Let me ask you, what according to you are the negatives of the new Fiesta, if any?

Last edited by adimicra : 18th April 2011 at 15:29.
Old 18th April 2011, 15:40   #910
BHPian

Got a call from Ford confirming interest in the car & also asking which is my current car (probably for market research purposes). Also that the car has not yet been launched but will call me again once it is along with prices & variants. Seems like a very proactive effort from ford.
Old 18th April 2011, 15:45   #911
Distinguished - BHPian

wifey saw it at city-centre, saket.
and i have received marching instructions:
"YOU, BUY!
ME DRIVE!!!"

seeing that i dont let anyone touch the current one, she wants one for herself.....

what do you expect the waiting period to be on the petrol?
and will bookings be traded for premiums like the diesel swift's?
Old 18th April 2011, 15:57   #912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Will beige plus black combo be offered as an option? The interiors of the car at select city walk did not appear upmarket and were more "workman like".
Beige would spoil the sporty feel for sure.
Personally very happy that Ford didn't try to match VW India in this criteria.
Old 18th April 2011, 16:07   #913
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
@Mustang, thanks for giving all the information about the new Fiesta.

Let me ask you, what according to you are the negatives of the new Fiesta, if any?
Ok i will tell you.

1. If you want to buy a car that is going to be chauffeur driven then do not buy this car.

2. If you are looking for a car in which you wan't to put a lot of aftermarket electrical accessories then do not buy this car.

3. No telescopic steering adjust, only up/down adjust but this did not affect me even though i am 6 feet 3 in tall.

4. Car is wider than current fiesta by 40 mm, basically it is as wide as the fusion. So if one is graduating from a really small car to this, then he/she has to get used to its width.

5. We did not get the UK alloys (design)

6. No start/stop button which is present in almost all developed countries.

If i can think of any more then i will add to the list.

Quote:
what do you expect the waiting period to be on the petrol?
and will bookings be traded for premiums like the diesel swift's?
Ans 1. It would not be much, initially it may be more because of pre launch bookings but it will stabilize after 30-45 days when the cars start rolling out.

Ans 2. I did not get your question but if you mean that bookings to be traded by giving extra money then the answer to that is "maybe", it all depends on the dealer and what stuff he does w/o informing ford india, I am sure Harpreet Ford will do it in Delhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
^^
Not trying to win an argument, but simply stating that I (Me & Myself) feel it looks South-East Asian..
The Vento for me is a European classic in terms of the way it looks - simplistic elegance.

Now why are you trying to force your (or international magazines) opinion on me?
The thing is that your previous post does not justify your (me & myself) opinion as
1. You quoted my post.
2. Read : "Now do you see" in that post.

So clearly you were questioning me. And for your kind information the new fiesta was designed by Germans and in Cologne, Germany, How much more European can you get. Where as the current fiesta classic was designed by Australians.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 18th April 2011 at 16:26.
Old 18th April 2011, 16:33   #914
BHPian

Great answer Mustang, very few of the below points will be deal breakers for potential customers.

My question is specifically about the ICE, will it allow connections to after market amplifiers and sub woofers? Especially since the audio controls are integrated into the steering wheel most people wouldn't want to change the factory fitted ICE.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Ok i will tell you.

1. If you want to buy a car that is going to be chauffeur driven then do not buy this car.

2. If you are looking for a car in which you wan't to put a lot of aftermarket electrical accessories then do not buy this car.

3. No telescopic steering adjust, only up/down adjust but this did not affect me even though i am 6 feet 3 in tall.

4. Car is wider than current fiesta by 40 mm, basically it is as wide as the fusion. So if one is graduating from a really small car to this, then he/she has to get used to its width.

5. We did not get the UK alloys (design)

6. No start/stop button which is present in almost all developed countries.

If i can think of any more then i will add to the list.
Old 18th April 2011, 16:34   #915
BHPian

Here is a link of the Fiesta review: 1.6 hatchback UK model
Jeremy Clarkson Ford Fiesta Titanium 1.6 review | Driving - Times Online
Not sure if I can post a link here: Mods, please reply me if you are screening this post. Thanks

Its more of a trend that Fiesta is. Its more American/European as compared to the Asian cars.

For me, the Fiesta looks like a Ford for sure. It very much resembles their very beautiful Focus. (My all time favorite Ford)

OK, let me try and have a second look as to if this car looks SEA?
Yes I guess: probably because, this car looks more aerodynamic and rounded, which is what a Honda or a Toyota have been doing for a while. But for sure Ford have executed it better than any SEA would have done
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks