Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2010, 08:50   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humans View Post
Yes, realized this after posting and did edited my post , please check the first part of my post.

I just gave my comments based on my interactions with many people at work and otherwise who all have preconceived notions about TATA / FIAT service without experiencing it first hand.
Yup there is so much negative vibes on Fiat service (not really their cars). I think it all started with their attitude towards service/customer care during the early Palio days. So people just need a few negative points now to jump and say " See I told you its a Fiat"

Like I said each time I go through poor support for my car, I indirectly spread the negativity some more. Does Fiat even understand this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
Hi there,
If you happen to scroll through the Palio Users Group, you'll find mention of a certain Kava Automobiles, based out of Mumbai. Many say their requirement of spare parts for Fiat vehicles was fulfilled by this shop. Though personally I do not have any experience, it is worth trying when you are forced to wait for spares for long periods of time.
Thanks for that. You know thats the weirdest thing. Its easier to get spares outside than with Fiat themselves. I only issue being then that you need to take your car to unauthorized garage.
Old 11th August 2010, 09:42   #167
BHPian

I had inquired about Linea T-jet at Concorde Motors sometime back. A sales rep called me up yesterday and mentioned that the 1.4 T-jet won't be launched for an year at least but a new 1.6L diesel is up for launch during the coming month. I promptly requested him to get it for test drive after launch.
Old 11th August 2010, 17:12   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
The ANHC was never known for its handling.

You should try the fiesta 1.6S. Its probably the best drivers car below 10L. Its cramped at the rear, sure. But when you own a car like that you wouldn't want to be in the rear. Looks are subjective but I think the fiesta's styling wouldn't offend anyone. Infact I like it for its clean lines.
Certainly it is subjective. I too dont care about rear actually. But still the stying of ford does not appeal me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Dude at 60kmph I dont think you should come to conclusions about handling. At that speed an innova will probably be able to handle most situations as well as the sedans mentioned above.
Well I commented on handling based on curves and not straight line driving. I tried taking a sharp turn at say 40 kmph in lavella road. It was an absolute lost of confidence. To make sure, I went back to the same curve again in my car, tried the same stunt and there was no feel that I may loose control. ANHC steering and clutch is free like crazy. But again my car runs on a 185 vs 175 stock tyre in ANHC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvmanoj View Post
I would love to buy a Linea TJet (to replace my aging GTX) but I think this time I will probably go for another brand. I really dont want to go thru this kind of experience all over again.
Cheers,
Manoj
U know wat even I am also planning the same. I have not faced any such parts waiting issue (touchwood), but seeing the reduction in quality and underestimation of Indians (read India specific pruned features and detuned engine) I am feeling to go other route.

Also I dont understand why Honda adds a brand premium to its car in India. Is that brand bigger/better than Fiat or even Suzuki for that matter? I believe it is us who made that happen.
A Civic AT costs 17 L in Bangalore, can anyone justify its price .

Lets hope Fiat not goes the Honda way.
Old 12th August 2010, 14:44   #169
BHPian

AFAIK the engine is 110PS which is around 108 bhp. The only reason i have been refraining from posting in the middle of the Honda FIAT "discussion" is because of my infractions But to be very honest in the sub 10 lakhs category apart from the europeans i dont see the other japanese cars being comfortable going at speeds above 120-140. The japanese without doubt have refined engines, Honda being the best example but when it comes to high speed driving and handling they still have some way before they can catch up. I have been both in an ANHC and a Linea at speeds exceeding 130 and being in a Linea "feels" much more safer literally(not saying Japanese aree not safer just that their core competency lies in the engine and other matters), not a single vibration in the chassis or the steering.

Coming back to the TJet, agreed that the ANHC has 8 more horses but then torque makes a difference as well right.ANHC has 147Nm of Torque while the TJet has 205 Nm. Ofcourse this is coming from a guy who always felt the pick up of the current Linea was good and that the current linea does not feel underpowered at all.

Vento could be a source of pain in the rear for the Tjet though the TJet would still score higher on the equipment front.
Old 17th August 2010, 09:11   #170

called the toll free number on fiat-india website and i was told that the launch of t-Jet is around november and that the price will be around 12L . I am confused now as to whether wait for november to find out the exact price or go ahead with a emotion pack right away!!
Old 17th August 2010, 10:24   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post

Vento could be a source of pain in the rear for the Tjet though the TJet would still score higher on the equipment front.
As a add-on to that in Car and Bike show I saw yesterday night, Siddharth Patankar was extremely unhappy about the Petrol Vento and as per his opinion it was under-powered and under-equipped for the asking price.

I think no other car in this whole category has as much equipment list as Linea does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post

Lets hope Fiat not goes the Honda way.
Fiat can never go Honda way since Fiat has a reputation of giving people best bang for their buck. Looking at all the earlier models which Fiat has brought in India, I do not see even one instance where Fiat has "Jazz"ed the Indian customer.

Last edited by bblost : 17th August 2010 at 10:32. Reason: back 2 back post. Please use edit post if posting within 20 mins. Thanks.
Old 17th August 2010, 10:32   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.anand View Post
I had inquired about Linea T-jet at Concorde Motors sometime back. A sales rep called me up yesterday and mentioned that the 1.4 T-jet won't be launched for an year at least but a new 1.6L diesel is up for launch during the coming month. I promptly requested him to get it for test drive after launch.
I too heard about the diesel from one of the dealers here in Cochin. But since I hadn't heard about it anywhere else, I thought he had got it wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo View Post
called the toll free number on fiat-india website and i was told that the launch of t-Jet is around november and that the price will be around 12L . I am confused now as to whether wait for november to find out the exact price or go ahead with a emotion pack right away!!
I think the Linea T-jet won't be anything over 50K more expensive that existing 1.4 E-Pack - maybe priced almost equal to the Vento petrol HL.
Old 17th August 2010, 10:33   #173
Senior - BHPian

Is the ex-showroom price 12 L ? That's way too high for the T-jet.
Old 17th August 2010, 10:47   #174

Quote:
called the toll free number on fiat-india website and i was told that the launch of t-Jet is around november and that the price will be around 12L
12L!! Fiat wont sell a single t-jet at this price :(. Anything more than 75k over the 1.4E+ is asking too much of a premium.
Old 17th August 2010, 11:36   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
As a add-on to that in Car and Bike show I saw yesterday night, Siddharth Patankar was extremely unhappy about the Petrol Vento and as per his opinion it was under-powered and under-equipped for the asking price.
+1, i also saw that episode he was very dissatisfied with the Vento, that can be seen from his expressions.

The Vento is having only 2 Variants, why there is no Middle Version ?
Old 18th August 2010, 11:02   #176

called the same toll-free number again, this time it went to someone different (last time was a boy, this time a girl ) - strangely I was denied any information. "I'm sorry sir, at this time we have no information on the t-jet" was the answer.

however on both occasions asked me to wait and watch!!

anyone else has a different version?
Old 18th August 2010, 22:34   #177
BHPian

it seems Fiat had originally planned to launch it now to compete against Vento, but seeing the Vento petrol is not as hot as its petrol sibling, Fiat decided to take some more time.
Old 19th August 2010, 11:53   #178
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minardi View Post
it seems Fiat had originally planned to launch it now to compete against Vento, but seeing the Vento petrol is not as hot as its petrol sibling, Fiat decided to take some more time.
I rather tend to believe that Fiat has got problems to supply the T-Jet engines, which is nothing new when they launched engines in some models in new markets.
Old 19th August 2010, 12:00   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPH View Post
I rather tend to believe that Fiat has got problems to supply the T-Jet engines, which is nothing new when they launched engines in some models in new markets.
Maybe, a very naive question: Fiat already manufactures 1.4 Petrol engine in India. Would it be too much of an addition to this block to manufacture a T-jet? Does T-jet have the same turbo that 1.3 Multijet uses?
Old 19th August 2010, 14:08   #180
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Maybe, a very naive question: Fiat already manufactures 1.4 Petrol engine in India. Would it be too much of an addition to this block to manufacture a T-jet? Does T-jet have the same turbo that 1.3 Multijet uses?
The 1368cc normally aspirated and the 1368 force induced block are similar, but not the same.

The cams, crank, con rods, pistons and ancillaries are very much different.

The T-Jet and the 1.3 M-Jet turbos are different and can't be used on both engines.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks