Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2010, 20:58   #106
Senior - BHPian

I had been to Prerana Motors today. They have confirmed me that T-Jet will surely be launched in September. Hope it's true!!

P.S: A Fiat is a FIAT. Those who own one, know what exactly it feels like to be a Fiatian. IMO he who cribs about a Fiat and stays away from a Fiat - is the ultimate loser.
Old 3rd August 2010, 21:00   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
^^ True that!

Here is another one:

"A picture (your avatar) is worth a thousand words". Your Avatar tells a story!
Hate to do this, but yours does say something too, if we have to get into that kind of a debate.

On that other had, I think we have gone way out of track on this thread which was supposed to be one about the Linea T-jet. I like Fiat cars, and I make no bones about the fact, but that doesn't make me blind to the shortcomings. I'd agree with your feedback about the interior quality, the plastics are of quite poor quality, specially the fit and finish. However, from what I have experienced, they don't fall off (atleast till approx. 18K kms). That however, is a criticism reserved for the Punto (hence not relevant here). I don't own a Linea, and cannot authoritatively say that it's interiors are better, but it definitely felt like it did when I drove my friend's car.

The design of the dashboard is actually quite old school, and I agree with you on that (though the Baleno example didn't go down that well , for obvious reasons).

Now, what do I expect from the Linea T-jet? Performance that matches it's looks, and that is something no automobile enthusiast cannot not look forward to.
Old 3rd August 2010, 21:05   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
I am sure I dont want my car to be a Drag-spec diesel. Well, think of it, I have not heard of too many drag spec diesels either,have you?
Errrm, dont wanna go OT but just adding a bit of trivia to this discussion.

It is said that most high end ( top fuel ) Drag Cars finish their races whilst burning diesel in their engines .
Old 3rd August 2010, 21:07   #109
BHPian

Peace.

We all love our rides.

Lets agree on the fact that we need not like every thing or everyone's opinion.

However, lets not tick off a new product even before its launch.

I guess I am to blame for all the OT stuff, and we can still go on and on and on and still not agree.

Hope this model sells as well.

P.S : Bro, I have a funny response to all your ribbings, but i guess we both have entertained the crowd enough for the day.
Old 3rd August 2010, 21:14   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Fiat and VW both know beating the Honda City in Performance and FE is a Hard Target. The Linea with DI and Turbo will be a segment first(Petrol), with the kind of Ride and Handling Linea has it just needs better performance, FE and rich feel in the interiors.

For those looking for tarmac burning performance the Octavia turbo petrol is still available in showrooms. Stretch the budget a bit and you won't be disappointed.
Old 3rd August 2010, 22:47   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Fiat and VW both know beating the Honda City in Performance and FE is a Hard Target. The Linea with DI and Turbo will be a segment first(Petrol), with the kind of Ride and Handling Linea has it just needs better performance, FE and rich feel in the interiors.
They can not beat Honda, not because their engines are inferior or Honda engines out of world, but simply because their key design criteria are different.

Japanese (Honda/Suzuki) are more focused on lightweight cars which are reliable and FE. Europeans (VW/Fiat) are more focused on optimum ride comfort and handling through solid over-engineered build. Though both seem to be going the other side these days (Japanese cars are becoming more solidly built and Europeans are becoming more FE).
Old 3rd August 2010, 22:58   #112
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJames View Post
Linea AT model is called "Absolute" (higher end model,above the "Emotion" in India) in countries like Brazil, sporting the "Dualogic" AT gearbox. However, the "Absolute" model is available there only with the 1.9L, 130bhp Petrol/Ethanol engine,which is yet to launch in India. Probably this is what they meant by relaunching Linea in 2012(probably also revamping the platform/design- if the website link provided above is to be believed).
Doubt that the 1.9 will ever come to India. The 1.9 is going to be deleted from the product range. The 1.9 8v in the Grande is replaced by the new 1.6 16v and the 1.9 16v in the Bravo is repalced by the new 2.0 16v.
Old 3rd August 2010, 23:11   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
They can not beat Honda, not because their engines are inferior or Honda engines out of world, but simply because their key design criteria are different.

Japanese (Honda/Suzuki) are more focused on lightweight cars which are reliable and FE. Europeans (VW/Fiat) are more focused on optimum ride comfort and handling through solid over-engineered build. Though both seem to be going the other side these days (Japanese cars are becoming more solidly built and Europeans are becoming more FE).
The thing i like about the current gen Japanese cars is despite being lightweight they do not compromise the safety. Even the korean giant Hyundai is seriously focussing on scoring well on safety grounds.

Though they are still far from achieving the euro ride and handling balance. The City despite costing much more has a much inferior ride compared to my Punto.

I like the Japanese precision and European build and attention to detail. I am sorry for dragging the thread offtopic.
Old 4th August 2010, 07:23   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
^^ True that!

Here is another one:

"A picture (your avatar) is worth a thousand words". Your Avatar tells a story!
Call it a story, call it passion, at least I am not hiding anything, unlike some who get into brand bashing just bcoz they like to continue in bliss.

I think thread is fast turning into subjective pronouncements rather than merits and de-merits of a car that is yet to be launched.
Old 4th August 2010, 08:11   #115
BHPian

good to see powerful, comfortable, beautiful, affordable cars in india by fiat. i hope they also provide even good service, customer satisfaction.
Old 4th August 2010, 08:48   #116
BHPian

Let @aseem be. @ aqualeo I don't think you need to justify your choice as it's your hard earned money that you have put in and not some one else's. People who buy Fiat have traditionally being called "lunatics" but so be it. Let us enjoy our tempestous beauties and let others be..

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Though they are still far from achieving the euro ride and handling balance. The City despite costing much more has a much inferior ride compared to my Punto.
City sells because there is no alternative for it. Else the car is mediocre and overpriced.

Last edited by Eddy : 4th August 2010 at 11:30. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 4th August 2010, 10:17   #117
Senior - BHPian

I hope the YJet would put all the performance related bashing to rest. I hope, it would be an ideal car for performance, ride and handling seekers.
Old 4th August 2010, 11:58   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
City sells because there is no alternative for it. Else the car is mediocre and overpriced.
Well it has class leading power and space and is also the best seller. I really wonder why is it a mediocre. Yes I agree that its over priced.

Last edited by SPARKled : 4th August 2010 at 12:17.
Old 4th August 2010, 12:26   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post

ANHC is a not a mediocre car. It has class best engine, class best quality feel interiors, class best safety(all variants come with Airbags and ABS), a brilliant AT gearbox and its a Honda. Yes it is overpriced but i feel this is best petrol car in the Segment, its best seller too.

I had doubts about ANHC but i got a chance to drive a ANHC AT two months back. I was really impressed with the car. For Fiat and VW its a hard target to beat, all Honda needs is a slight price drop.

Let's not drag the thread offtopic anymore. Let's just discuss the Linea T-Jet here.
Old 4th August 2010, 16:18   #120
BHPian

sorry for offtopic, but do Linea MJD ABS and Linea MJD non-ABS has same brake pads, or are they different?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks