Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2010, 15:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

Awesome news!!

btw any other dealership carrying out these procedures other than Rishabh Hyundai?
Old 4th August 2010, 15:44   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Wildon, I'm yet to drive the car but in the initial run of about 8 Kms post-changes, my brother didn't notice any loss of power.
Please do update us the post change performance time to time

Quote:
Regarding Thermistor Assembly, I'm not aware of any error code or so. They were doing hit and tries
like this
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1637230-post147.html
Update:- My Service Center confirms there is indeed a ECM update for i20's. Thanks Hyundai for your prompt response . Can we expect more things

A BCM Upgrade too....

Last edited by wildon : 4th August 2010 at 15:52. Reason: some correction
Old 4th August 2010, 15:46   #18
Senior - BHPian

What they can do by re-programming the ECU is to make it run longer but the basics still remain the same by which I mean the size of the compressor and the Air vent design which in my opinion are bigger culprits.
A 90cc compressor in a big car like i20 is just not enough but as they say any improvement to the same bodes well for the car.
Old 4th August 2010, 15:47   #19
BHPian

thermistor is all about at what temprature , the ac compressor should cut off / cut in .

Last edited by NOTORIOUS : 4th August 2010 at 15:49.
Old 4th August 2010, 16:04   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
What they can do by re-programming the ECU is to make it run longer but the basics still remain the same
That means more consumption of fuel ?!!

What i heard is that these upgrades are for 1.2L and CRDi and not for 1.4 Petrol. Let me check with my service center, what exactly this upgrade does to improve the A/C Performance.
Old 4th August 2010, 16:58   #21
BHPian

Awesome news! Will talk to my dealer this week.

Wildon - you're in Bangalore, right? Trident? or Advaith?
Old 4th August 2010, 17:29   #22
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

As mentioned in my earlier post, the fuel effeciency should drop post the ECU patch update.

From Hyundai point of view people would only remember the earlier fuel effeciency and the market reputation would be retained.

Actually technically an ECU software change of the kind that entails change in parameters that affect fuel effeciency should require reapproval from ARAI.

I guess anything works in india. Fiat did it with the Linea so too can Hyundai with the I20.
Old 4th August 2010, 19:13   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
That means more consumption of fuel ?!!

I dont think the AC issue will solve. IMHO, Can not give much improvement by re programming, when the unit itself underpowered
Old 4th August 2010, 23:47   #24
Senior - BHPian

Like others, I'm curious to know about the effect on power delivery and driveability, if any. My problem is that because the i has been away from me for quite some time now, I don't know for sure whether I have the steering issue or not. For sure though, I could use better AC performance.
Old 4th August 2010, 23:49   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Awesome news!!

btw any other dealership carrying out these procedures other than Rishabh Hyundai?
Call up any Dealership's Service Center and check if they've the update.

Quote:
Please do update us the post change performance time to time

like this
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1637230-post147.html
Update:- My Service Center confirms there is indeed a ECM update for i20's. Thanks Hyundai for your prompt response . Can we expect more things

A BCM Upgrade too....
I would keep you updated and why a BCM upgrade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
thermistor is all about at what temprature , the ac compressor should cut off / cut in .
Thanks Veere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
As mentioned in my earlier post, the fuel effeciency should drop post the ECU patch update.

From Hyundai point of view people would only remember the earlier fuel effeciency and the market reputation would be retained.

Actually technically an ECU software change of the kind that entails change in parameters that affect fuel effeciency should require reapproval from ARAI.

I guess anything works in india. Fiat did it with the Linea so too can Hyundai with the I20.
ACM, the change in FE needs to be examined. Before someone tries it out, we can't comment on change in FE.
Old 5th August 2010, 12:23   #26
BANNED

^^

Like to have ,

Auto Closing ORVM's when keys not present/ Auto Open ORVM's when Keys present at the ignition hole.

Automatic reversing power windows if they sense an obstruction while closing, Automatic Roll up windows when you lock the car with Remote Key fob.
Old 5th August 2010, 13:15   #27
BHPian

Quote:
^^

Like to have ,

Auto Closing ORVM's when keys not present/ Auto Open ORVM's when Keys present at the ignition hole.

Automatic reversing power windows if they sense an obstruction while closing, Automatic Roll up windows when you lock the car with Remote Key fob.
And Ah.. life would be cool with all these upgrades. 'Necessity is the mother of invention' proves to be true for Wildon, isn't it
Old 5th August 2010, 17:02   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Automatic reversing power windows if they sense an obstruction while closing
The driver's side window on all i20s already has this. Try putting your hand in the way when the button for the driver's side power window is pressed once (auto-close)
Old 5th August 2010, 21:39   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Please note that the AC solution offered by Hyundai is applicable only to select batch of i20's (My'n is June 2009 make). Moreover, the solution for rattle is only meant for those owners who face this problem.
Yes i have checked this and confirmed its for selected VIN range, Mainly for Delhi /NCR Region and Ahmadabad region, but if a customer from other region complaints about the A/c they can go for a ECM upgrade.

Mainly the upgrades are for
1.2 L Petrol models up to June 2009 make
1.4L (5 gear)- (diesel) Up to May 2010 (not sure about the exact month)
1.4L (6 gear)- (diesel) Up to May 2010 (not sure about the exact month)

If at all i go for an upgrade that will be in next summer so i can feel the change

@darksoul: Thanks for that info, never tried it.
Old 5th August 2010, 21:58   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
What they can do by re-programming the ECU is to make it run longer but the basics still remain the same by which I mean the size of the compressor and the Air vent design which in my opinion are bigger culprits.
A 90cc compressor in a big car like i20 is just not enough but as they say any improvement to the same bodes well for the car.
Maybe its got to do with the auto cut off at some temperature or so?
If 1.4 dont get this remap it coz it for more bhp and hence a bigger compressor?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks