Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2012, 20:09   #286
BHPian

Re: PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!

Spotted this Range Rover near Mahalaxmi about two days ago. No accident damage was visible. The car possibly broke down.
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-20121229_230815.jpg  

Old 1st January 2013, 00:32   #287
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak77 View Post
Spotted this Range Rover near Mahalaxmi about two days ago. No accident damage was visible. The car possibly broke down.
That is Actor Salman Khan's RR Vogue.
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-salmanrangerover.jpg
PPS is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2013, 02:25   #288
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Another great German car - the mighty SL55 ///AMG. More details below :

PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-20121221_114937.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
The Speedrun SL55 has undergone quite a few changes now. the car is now painted white, has been de-badged- no Kompressor badges, no rear SL55 ///AMG badges. the car now sports only twin pipes and SL500 tail lights. so now it looks more like a SL500 with AMG wheels and bumpers. spotted this week on a flat bed.

Old 4th January 2013, 11:17   #289
Senior - BHPian

Wednesday evening, I spotted a fairly new white XUV500 atop a flat-bed on the Kathipara flyover. Was a registered car and did not see any accident damage. Could not take a snap.

And by strange co-incidence, the next day morning while taking my car out to work, I see an XUV500 blocking one of the gates of our apartment parking. On asking him to move, he says that the car is not starting and pops the hood to diagnose the problem. I take another way out.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2013, 15:44   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitkde View Post
Both cars, however, were far less reliable than the Japanese cars I have owned so far.
Yes, what you say is true; the Japs seem to be much more reliable than either eur or us cars. Anyways, here's another new Ford Fiesta arrived on a flatbed to the Planet Ford Service Centre. This pic was taken sometime around 20th Dec.

PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-photo0348.jpg
Old 8th January 2013, 13:05   #291
Senior - BHPian

No flatbed, but Mercedes touches a new low- being towed by the humble M800
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-800.jpg  

PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-800-2.jpg  

rrsteer is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 9th January 2013, 08:20   #292
Team-BHP Support

Spotted a Honda civic getting loaded on a flatbed yesterday, near Jayanagar Ashoka pillar. I was flabbergasted to see a Honda on a flatbed, never in my wildest dreams had I imagined to see one! It didn't have any body damage, so I casually asked the owner what was the problem. Honda owners can relax now. He said some bunk guy accidentally filled diesel into the car and the car seized up after driving for a kilometre. He realized this after properly reading the bill after seizure. Bad luck, or negligence or both?

Looks like the bunk guys thought that filling diesel into i-VTEC makes it an i-DTEC engine.

Last edited by KarthikK : 9th January 2013 at 08:22.
KarthikK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th January 2013, 12:22   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
That is hilarious!

Not just a new low for the three-pointed star but also a terrific advert for the capabilities of the humble M800. Pulling a car that is at least twice as heavy and five times as powerful!

Will make for a killer tongue-in-cheek ad!
Omtoatom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2013, 20:04   #294
BHPian

Spotted a skoda rapid in j.p.nagar few mins back, sorry for the poor quality pic.

-Sajan
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-img2013010900014.jpg  

sajands is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2013, 22:33   #295
BHPian

Spotted this B-Class on a flat bed few minutes back. Sorry for the extremely bad pic, the truck took a right turn before I could take a second snap.

The Merc had temporary number and the truck had Mercedes Benz stickering on the sides. Does it mean they need a flat bed so frequently that they own one or do they use it for displaying the vehicle(but there were no boards/posters on the truck which are normally used on displays)?
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-060220131162.jpg  

asdfvinay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2013, 02:38   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hahahah! That's hilarious! Thanks for that, it made me laugh!
kbk_75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2013, 08:48   #297
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfvinay View Post
Spotted this B-Class on a flat bed few minutes back. Sorry for the extremely bad pic, the truck took a right turn before I could take a second snap.

The Merc had temporary number and the truck had Mercedes Benz stickering on the sides. Does it mean they need a flat bed so frequently that they own one or do they use it for displaying the vehicle(but there were no boards/posters on the truck which are normally used on displays)?
Usually these high end car showrooms Will be owning a flat bed truck for such eventuality. In Bangalore, all merc showrooms have a flat bed for themselves. And there is one owned by the audi showroom too.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2013, 10:59   #298
Senior - BHPian

Seems like it's better to own a flatbed than a German/European car. It won't be comfortable but might a lot more reliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Spotted a Honda civic getting loaded on a flatbed yesterday, near Jayanagar Ashoka pillar. I was flabbergasted to see a Honda on a flatbed, never in my wildest dreams had I imagined to see one! It didn't have any body damage, so I casually asked the owner what was the problem. Honda owners can relax now. He said some bunk guy accidentally filled diesel into the car and the car seized up after driving for a kilometre.
That was almost shocking!! Bullet-proof reliability is why I prefer Japs to Germans and that wouldn't have been good for my confidence. Thankfully, driver was the problem here.
Old 7th February 2013, 12:06   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
Bullet-proof reliability is why I prefer Japs to Germans and that wouldn't have been good for my confidence.
Yes, Japs DO have much better reliability. But... This world is driven by pedigree and we are crazy about lineage. That is why, more reliable Lexus/Acura/Infiniti are not able to match BMW/Audi/Mercs. I wonder if Europeans sell just on the strength of pedigree alone. Now we have British pedigree assault in India-- RR/Bentley/Jag/Aston/Rovers. OK, they are no longer British-owned but that aura continues. Lexus/Acura/Infiniti will be much more reliable than these Eurpoean cars but will we pay as much for these cars?
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2013, 14:02   #300
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you - no wonder they say pictures speak a thousand words! Those two put the entire Japanese-German reliability thing in plain perspective.

The Germans have completely lost their reputation for rock-solid reliability very easily in the span of under two decades. But it has taken the Japs a long, arduous slog to acquire their current reputation. I hope they do everything they can to maintain it and improve it even further, and that others like the South Koreans strive to match or excel the Japs in this aspect.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks