Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2010, 00:14   #106
Team-BHP Support

I can only see this car doing good if they price it along with Chevy Beat, i10 and Ritz.

By the time this comes out it will have the Etios and new Swift to handle and it sure as hell will be an uphill battle against a Maruti and Toyota with a smaller car like the Brio.

Once bitten twice shy, Honda should learn from the Jazz mistake.
Old 1st February 2011, 17:40   #107
BHPian

re: Honda Brio - Small car for India - unveiled!*UPDATE* SCOOP Pics Pg.23

Was pleasantly surprised to hear that the Brio is likely to be hitting the Indian roads by June/July 2011. This is during a chat with a Honda dealer in Bangalore. The dealer further added that it's gonna use the same 1.2 L i-VTec as Jazz and would be priced a couple of lacs lesser than Jazz.
Old 1st February 2011, 19:36   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Austin View Post
Was pleasantly surprised to hear that the Brio is likely to be hitting the Indian roads by June/July 2011. This is during a chat with a Honda dealer in Bangalore. The dealer further added that it's gonna use the same 1.2 L i-VTec as Jazz and would be priced a couple of lacs lesser than Jazz.
Thats good news . Hope they come out with an AT version , good to drive around in the city .
Old 1st February 2011, 21:20   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If the same engine is not detuned, this would be the fasted hatch in the nation from factory. With a expected kerb weight of less than 900kg, it would have a power to weight ratio of > 100 hp/ton. The acceleration would be very close the the OHC V-Tech.
If it would be 2 lakhs less than the discounted Jazz price, I think Honda has a winner. With Toyota about to launch the Liva at a very attractive tag, guess Honda wouldnt want to make the same mistake they did with the Jazz.
Old 1st February 2011, 23:47   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
From what the OD report during unveiling, Brio will get a de-tuned version of the 1.2L iVtec used in Jazz ! I guess there are parallel threads running on this - I had provided all info from the auto show [Bangkok?] in the other thread.
Old 2nd February 2011, 20:45   #111
BHPian

Can anyone one cofirm the launch of AT version of Brio bcz when i enquired with the Olymbia dealer in chennai he said there is a AT and the booking starts in April for a June-July launch i just want to reconfirm it as i intend to wait if there is an AT launch

Last edited by sathyaprakash : 2nd February 2011 at 21:07.
Old 2nd February 2011, 22:54   #112
Senior - BHPian

A couple of lakhs lesser than Jazz will not do it any good and it will also make it go the way the Jazz has gone, owing to its ridiculous pricing

The need to think Liva pricing range. Take the cue from Toyota, they seem to be heading in the right direction. Why did Skoda have to revamp the Fabia, knock of several features and price its one pricey car, to a more sane level
Old 3rd February 2011, 12:48   #113
Senior - BHPian

Brio will be best looking hatch in the market when it will be launched. If Honda prices it right, it will totally eclipse ugly-looking Liva.
Old 3rd February 2011, 18:47   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Can anyone one cofirm the launch of AT version of Brio bcz when i enquired with the Olymbia dealer in chennai he said there is a AT and the booking starts in April for a June-July launch i just want to reconfirm it as i intend to wait if there is an AT launch
The concept car shown at the Bangkok show was an A/T.
Old 3rd February 2011, 19:58   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Brio will be best looking hatch in the market when it will be launched. If Honda prices it right, it will totally eclipse ugly-looking Liva.
Cant agree. It looks ordinary from front. Side profile is nice but real is hideous.
Dash is a kind of blunder. It is just because of the colour it is looking pleasing.
Old 3rd February 2011, 20:28   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
One observation -
Any thread in this forum remotely related to Honda ends up bashing Honda for ridiculously pricing the Jazz!

Something interesting -
Before buying the Jazz, I checked various international sites for the relative pricing of the jazz vis-vis other hatches like Micra/Swift/I20 etc. And I found out that Jazz is priced 20-35% higher than these cars in all countries not only India. It is just that it hasn't clicked in India but it has been one of Honda's most successful models worldwide.Also, the non existence of a base stripped-down version does not help the sales numbers. Sorry for going off-topic but this thread has too many references to Jazz anyway.

I feel Honda hasn't learnt the lesson fully and Brio will be priced higher than I10/Figo/Liva etc with similar features
I second admicra's comments on Jazz. Even I did that analysis and they seem to be charging premium everywhere.
I am confident that Brio would be priced low(Don't think though to the levels of i10 or similar). I just hope that they don't price it so low to show that the car is specifically 'Made for India" thing.

Last edited by snorting bull : 3rd February 2011 at 20:49. Reason: reworded
Old 3rd February 2011, 22:31   #117
BHPian

^^^
I guess in International markets Jazz comes with the 1.5 L engine which is there in the ANHC, hence the premium. But, in India the tech-specs are similar to the rest with only a marginal difference in BHP.
Old 4th February 2011, 09:58   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Yup I agree that Brio looks good but I doubt if it can match the spacious interior and practicality offered by Liva.
Looks like the hatch market will become hotter in the days to come.
Old 7th February 2011, 12:22   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnair View Post
^^^
I guess in International markets Jazz comes with the 1.5 L engine which is there in the ANHC, hence the premium. But, in India the tech-specs are similar to the rest with only a marginal difference in BHP.
In US, Jazz is available in 1.5 Ltr engine only.
But in rest of the world like South Asia and Europe, it comes with various engine options including the 1.2 iVTEC engine which is available in the Indian version.
Just for example, check out the prices of Micra and Jazz 1.2 in Thailand. Jazz 1.2 is costlier than the Micra by almost 50%. Here in India, Jazz Select is costlier than the Micra XV by 25-30% approx (after discounts).
I am not in any way justifying the price tag of Jazz - the VFM factor will differ from one person to another. I found it VFM and may be a few others like me, but most of the people don't find it so!
I am just trying to say that Honda is not pricing the Jazz higher for India only - the pricing is similar to other countries as well. It's another story that Jazz seems to sell very well in most international markets but not in India. Just goes to show that Indians have a very different criteria for determining the VFM factor of a car, nothing wrong in it though! I just wonder if the Jazz would have been shaped like a sedan, it might have sold in huge numbers!
Old 7th February 2011, 12:33   #120
BHPian

There was a letter from Honda sent to me on Saturday, mentioning Brio and as well intimating all the dealers available in Bangalore.

Hope all Honda owners might have received this letter.

I see with this initiation Honda is keen on it's small car and should price it better (unlike Jazz).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks