Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2011, 18:50   #3151
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Shift to a diesel !

Quote:
Originally Posted by kri$hna View Post
Now, How much can i expect for my baleno ( i am the 2nd owner, owning it since it was 5000 kms old) complete service history available & no major accidents, fresh tyres & battery with warranty?

at the same time, how much can i pay for a used elantra that i have listed above ? is it a viable alternative ? any guidance is appreciated
Trading Baleno for Elantra...one discontinued driver's car traded for another discontinued driver's car...We BHPeans never learn...even I got myself a used Tucson.

Why take the hassle of buying in MH and re-registering and using in KA?
I would recommend you search something in KA itself to avoid nonsence with RTO...

Cheers!

Last edited by anandpadhye : 17th June 2011 at 18:51.
Old 17th June 2011, 19:10   #3152
BHPian

Re: Shift to a diesel !

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Trading Baleno for Elantra...one discontinued driver's car traded for another discontinued driver's car...We BHPeans never learn...
TRUE !!
I just can't give up the "fun factor" even if it means i m buying a discontinued awesomeness

Quote:
Why take the hassle of buying in MH and re-registering and using in KA?
I would recommend you search something in KA itself to avoid nonsence with RTO...
well, not KA anymore, i ll be using it in hyd ! but ya, the effort is again the same be it KA or AP. I didnt find any good one coming up from AP for quite some time and hence thinking of other ways.

Any other suggestions ? m not for verna (seats aint as ergonomic as a baleno/elantra)
Old 18th June 2011, 01:00   #3153

Re: To Laura or not to skoda ???

Quote:
Between the two, I would go for the Octi (06 L&K) for sure. Its more of a drivers car, minus the (unnecessary) gizmos added in the Laura.
Staying Away from the octavis that i have chosen and running away from Laura... thanks a lot guys for the advice.

Reason- both octis after investigating with the showroom watchman has met with some accident ( sales people should have told me about this earlier...delays in giving me the insurance history--I should have understood) and Laura because of the electronic niggles due to a second hand car

Venting for vento or optra magnum.. but still corner of my eyes searching for a genuine octi.
Old 19th June 2011, 14:13   #3154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye

Oops, I meant 0.7L/h or 0.8L/h, while with A/C, it should be around 1.2L/h. Sorry for the typo. (instanteneous FE changes meter to "per hour" during idling).

Glad that you have already checked this and found OK.

BTW, if the owner has upgraded to stanley leather seats, then don't forget that before you negotiate too hard.
Have put in the offer and awaiting response from the owner-will definitely be flexible on price given the rarity of tsi's here in BLR. Keep you posted on the outcome!
Old 20th June 2011, 07:11   #3155
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
what are these few small issues that you refer to?
Mayank,

The rear left door was rattling, the front left door had a cracked knob, the glove box handle came off, the connecting wire to the spoiler light was protruding etc etc.. Most of them got fixed. I hear no rattles even while driving on the roughest of the roads.
Old 22nd June 2011, 16:41   #3156
BHPian

Mercedes Benz India Ltd. Company owned cars

There is an advertisment for Company Owned Mercedes Vehicles in Times of India. The list includes 15 cars.

Even individuals can quote. I would like to fidn out what to quote for a 2009 E350
Old 22nd June 2011, 20:00   #3157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquavelva
There is an advertisment for Company Owned Mercedes Vehicles in Times of India. The list includes 15 cars.

Even individuals can quote. I would like to fidn out what to quote for a 2009 E350
Most of such advertisements are made merely to do the needful. In reality, they are sold at back end to dealers. The concerning person, who is responsible to sell the cars makes money on his end from dealers. And that's same with most MNCs atleast here in Delhi NCR.

I have tried this N number of times and first the number is always busy/not answered and then by same evening, all cars are reported to be sold.
Old 22nd June 2011, 20:56   #3158
Distinguished - BHPian

hey guys, i have an option of a 2007 innova 2.5v 7 seater, loaded to the brim, immaculate service history, immaculately kept.
company owned car, and its an internal sale.
getting it for 6.6 lacs.
what all should i be checking(under the hood,pitfalls, etc..)
???
Old 23rd June 2011, 11:26   #3159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Most of such advertisements are made merely to do the needful. In reality, they are sold at back end to dealers. The concerning person, who is responsible to sell the cars makes money on his end from dealers. And that's same with most MNCs atleast here in Delhi NCR.

I have tried this N number of times and first the number is always busy/not answered and then by same evening, all cars are reported to be sold.
In this particular case the Manufacturer itself is selling its company owned car. The concerned person was accessable and he has given the details of the procedure. Dealers would likely quote lower than an individual (assuming they want a neat profit). I just wanted to get a price to quote.
Old 23rd June 2011, 11:39   #3160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquavelva View Post
In this particular case the Manufacturer itself is selling its company owned car. The concerned person was accessable and he has given the details of the procedure. Dealers would likely quote lower than an individual (assuming they want a neat profit). I just wanted to get a price to quote.
I believe that this is the old shape E350, because the new E350 didnt make it till september last year? In Delhi, it should be around 26-28 lac rupees. A couple of lacs extra in Mumbai.
Old 23rd June 2011, 15:06   #3161
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

There is Ford Figo on Team-BHP classified.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...ord/Figo.html/

Delhi/2010/Diesel/ZXI/11k.

What should be the right price?
Old 23rd June 2011, 15:13   #3162
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Any idea what a used Civic or Accord not more than two to three years old with less than 25,000 Kms should cost in Bangalore? any idea what sources I can use to find them?

Thanks !!
Old 23rd June 2011, 16:29   #3163
BHPian

Hello friends.

I need some help to determine the realistic price I can get for my 5 yr old chevy aveo. Its single (doctor) owned, reads 40k on the odo. Its the LS variant, has a 4 speaker music system and brand new tyres on all 4 wheels.

Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd June 2011, 16:37   #3164
BHPian

Hi Guys,

What should be the price for Honda Civic S-AT 2006 OCT 39K KM?

Will be seeing the car this weekend, will post more details.

Thanks,
Manoj
Old 24th June 2011, 08:43   #3165
BHPian

Saw the car yesterday - Couldn't test drive because the road in front of the house was blocked.

Honda Civic S-AT
2006 OCT
38K KM Run
Red color
Front tyres looks good for another 10K KM, rear may hold good for 3-4K KM.
There are scratches around, rear bumber is slightly misaligned. Interior is dirty, will have to change the seat covers and door pads.
Battery is one year old.

Last service was an year ago at 31K. There was no oil change done at 25K service.

Current insurance is 3rd party , owner says he had comprehensive till may. Not willing to share the details of older insurance.

Will try to get the car to the service center and check, owner was not very enthusiastic about it.

Most Viewed