Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2011, 18:45   #3016
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
You could try a Chevy Spark (LPG?). Practical and reliable as Wagnor/ Santro but less price tag. Should be available at about 2.5L for 2008/09 model.
Thanks Amit for the Spark Idea. I considered it initially, one thing is that there are not many of them out there for 2nd buy and another thing is that I felt more cramped for space in the Spark. No offense meant, but I felt the Maruti800 has far better rear seats than the Spark.
Old 19th May 2011, 21:39   #3017
BHPian

^^ 3.2 is a ridiculous price for an old gen Waggie Petrol. Try haggling though.
But the factory fitted - LPG version probably commands a higher resale (and maybe deserves it too).
I think any figure even a couple of grand less than 3 lakh might be an okayish price in that case, if you aren't too keen on an Indica.
Old 19th May 2011, 22:13   #3018
BHPian

Guys,

I have a 2001 December Hyundai Accent GLX, 1.5 litre Petrol, Chennai registered. It's done around 105K kms. Second owner. The car is well maintained, repainted pearl white, with 15" lenso samurai alloys, brand new maxxis low profile tyres, leather seats, and a muffler. The car doesn't require any work. How much can I ask for it?

Last edited by rg_chn : 19th May 2011 at 22:15.
Old 19th May 2011, 22:46   #3019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
^^ 3.2 is a ridiculous price for an old gen Waggie Petrol. Try haggling though.
But the factory fitted - LPG version probably commands a higher resale (and maybe deserves it too).
I think any figure even a couple of grand less than 3 lakh might be an okayish price in that case, if you aren't too keen on an Indica.
Arkin, I too feel I should may be up my budget by 30k for a factory fitted LPG kit. Indica....hmm no. I thought about it but no diesels for now, I'm not ready yet for big spends on maintenance. :-)

Bottom line question for me... is a Waggie Duo of 2007 who's done a 40k on the meter, worth 2.8 lakhs ?
Old 20th May 2011, 09:45   #3020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathreddyt View Post
Arkin, I too feel I should may be up my budget by 30k for a factory fitted LPG kit. Indica....hmm no. I thought about it but no diesels for now, I'm not ready yet for big spends on maintenance. :-)

Bottom line question for me... is a Waggie Duo of 2007 who's done a 40k on the meter, worth 2.8 lakhs ?
Hmm, it is probably an Okayish price to me, if its in prime shape.

Ideally we could depreciate it at the rate of around 10% from 4 lakh
roughly: 4(new)->3.6('08)->3.3('09)->3.0('10)-> 2.7('11) Then add around 5% (to 10%) extra to the value, because of the "factory fitted" lpg kit.
At least this is the way I "value" a particular car when I need to considering buying used, keeping in mind the high interest rates on used cars.
I hope this helps.

BTW, cabbies use the Indica extensively, so I don't think maintainance is that expensive; try asking a cabbie how much he spends.

Hope this helps.
Arkin evoisrevo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2011, 10:24   #3021
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

roughly: 4(new)->3.6('08)->3.3('09)->3.0('10)-> 2.7('11) Then add around 5% (to 10%) extra to the value, because of the "factory fitted" lpg kit.
At least this is the way I "value" a particular car when I need to considering buying used, keeping in mind the high interest rates on used cars.
I hope this helps.

BTW, cabbies use the Indica extensively, so I don't think maintainance is that expensive; try asking a cabbie how much he spends.

Hope this helps.
The kind of places a cabbie goes to get his ride fixed, and the kinds of jugaad he uses, you'd be better off getting it done from from an Auth place.
@bharath: call up a couple of dealers, tell them you want sell off a wagonr duu, same vintage and mileage, tell a couple you want to buy the same.
average it out, youll come to a realistic figure.
2.8 is still looking a bit high for a 4 year old hatch done 40k.
have you used any of these online listings valuation tools?

off note, Boy o' boy, if you were in delhi, what all 3 lacs would have got you.....
Old 20th May 2011, 18:04   #3022
BHPian

Quote:

Arkin, your evaluation makes so much sense and its almost equivalent to what carwale.com evaluation gives. Carwale says 2.68 for that kind of Waggie. Right there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
The kind of places a cabbie goes to get his ride fixed, and the kinds of jugaad he uses, you'd be better off getting it done from from an Auth place.
@bharath: call up a couple of dealers, tell them you want sell off a wagonr duu, same vintage and mileage, tell a couple you want to buy the same.
average it out, youll come to a realistic figure.

off note, Boy o' boy, if you were in delhi, what all 3 lacs would have got you.....
Mayank, you've a point there about Indicas used by cabbies. And since this'd be my first car, I would want to play a little safe.

Your idea of calling a few dealers makes so much sense. I'll try that right away!

Thanks gentlemen for your inputs!
Old 20th May 2011, 18:15   #3023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathreddyt View Post
Arkin, your evaluation makes so much sense and its almost equivalent to what carwale.com evaluation gives. Carwale says 2.68 for that kind of Waggie. Right there!

Mayank, you've a point there about Indicas used by cabbies. And since this'd be my first car, I would want to play a little safe.

Your idea of calling a few dealers makes so much sense. I'll try that right away!

Bharat: SInce your monthly driving is less and as you are considering petrol cars, do let me know if you will be interested in Figo top end.
Old 20th May 2011, 18:51   #3024
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathreddyt

Why dont you look at the Santros too? 2008 ones should b going for around your budget.

I once used the Duo for a few days. The auto LPG wasnt all that cheap, don't remember exactly but it was somewhere close to the diesel rates. This was some years back in Delhi, not sure what the scenario is like now.

The LPG tank is quite small and will need frequent refills, add to that limited auto LPG pumps.
Old 21st May 2011, 01:53   #3025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Bharat: SInce your monthly driving is less and as you are considering petrol cars, do let me know if you will be interested in Figo top end.
hi, my budget is no more than 2.5 lakh n i wont spend more than 4500 a month on fuel+maintenence. would a figo fit this? i guess not.
:-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Why dont you look at the Santros too? 2008 ones should b going for around your budget.

I once used the Duo for a few days. The auto LPG wasnt all that cheap, don't remember exactly but it was somewhere close to the diesel rates. This was some years back in Delhi, not sure what the scenario is like now.

The LPG tank is quite small and will need frequent refills, add to that limited auto LPG pumps.
thank you Dry Ice. i checked out a few santros initially. while they're good hatches to drive in but not so light on my pocket as an lpg waggie. my concerns are more about running and maintenance costs. i'd want to keep them to the least. and a practical car that i can buy in 2.5lk and run in 4500 a month doing about 750 kms is my target now :-)

Last edited by aah78 : 26th May 2011 at 01:20. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 21st May 2011, 09:01   #3026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post

I swear!
Kya Karey. This is south india, where cars are supposedly 'better maintained' and hence command 'new car' values.
If I ever need to buy a used car, I can assure you, I shall "Chalo Dilli".
@Bharath: In case you are going to replace the car within 2-3 years, why not go in for a 1.5-2 lakh rupee petrol car, and sell it off later?

BTW, here's an overpriced example on our classifieds: http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-.../Wagon-R.html/

All the best.
Old 21st May 2011, 22:10   #3027
Distinguished - BHPian

Just curious, can you pay just the 1st year road tax and register a *new* vehicle? As far as I know, you have to pay the lifetime tax and later if you move out, you can claim a refund. How many days and $ it would take is another story.

I ask coz, I have seen many sellers listing this as a selling point! (The above ad included).

Quote:
single owner... lifetime tax paid
Old 22nd May 2011, 11:53   #3028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Just curious, can you pay just the 1st year road tax and register a *new* vehicle? As far as I know, you have to pay the lifetime tax and later if you move out, you can claim a refund. How many days and $ it would take is another story.

I ask coz, I have seen many sellers listing this as a selling point! (The above ad included).
Well, I bought my i10 in BAngalore but registered it in AP, so, took the temp. reg. and then paid road tax + registered in AP.
I believe it might be possible to pay a - one year's road tax, depending on the rules in a particular state.
Central Govt. employees, and defence personel pay only a yearly road tax of a paltry 1-3 grand.
Old 25th May 2011, 13:30   #3029
BHPian

Hi,
I am on lookout for getting a Pre worshiped Honda Civic.

Currently am looking at a Nov 2009 model SMT, with mileage on the odo at 15000.
Tires are unchanged and the insurance is comprehensive.
No additional accessories have been added.
Any idea at how much, this deal can be fixed?

Thanks for your inputs.
Old 25th May 2011, 14:20   #3030
BHPian

Hi BHPians,

I came across a White 2005 Maruti Zen Diesel. It did 85000 on the odo, has 2yr old tyres, leather seat covers, a Sony sound system to list.
The owner quotes a 2.35lakh price.

1. While I personally don't think anyone would pay that much, I wanted to know what you wizards think.
2. Was there a Zen Di in 2005 really?
3. How much according to you can one pay for this Zen?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks