Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2015, 14:53   #10516

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

One of my colleagues is selling his mid-2011 bought Skoda Superb (the 1.8 petrol Elegance). I had been looking at an entry level sedan like the City/Vento myself but the Superb has always been a favorite and I am seriously considering going for this one. What would be a fair price for this car, assuming it's well mentioned and has had no major niggles thus far. He's quoting 8L, the final price should be somewhere between 7.5L and 8L.

Also, I am planning on keeping this car for 3 years at max. Any major (Read: expensive) issues which Superbs are known to suffer from after this time period? Also, if someone could give me a broad idea on how much maintenance would cost for this car vs say a C2 segment sedan, that'll be super. I am going to see the car, tomorrow so any pointers on things I should check out/stuff I should look at more closely would also be welcome.
Thanks.
Old 8th June 2015, 13:11   #10517
BHPian

Greetings,

What would be a fair price for a 2007 Volvo XC90 V8 petrol in Delhi? Low mileage and good condition.

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 9th June 2015, 15:10   #10518
BHPian

What would be good price for Hyundai Verna 1.6 CRDI S version? Model is Oct 2012 and genuine 33000 Kms done. This variant comes with one airbag and ABS.
Old 9th June 2015, 18:21   #10519
CPJ
BHPian

Hello Team,
Its time to say Good Bye to our family's trusted Honda City ZX.
I would like to know a fair price for the car based upon the details mentioned below:
  1. Model: Honda City ZX Gxi (IDSi).
  2. No of Owners:3 (Actually we have car with us from day 1,it was my father in laws company car, then it got transferred in his name and then finally to my wife's name).
  3. Month & Year of Purchase: May 2006
  4. Kms Done: 105100
  5. Service History: Good
  6. Accidental History: It was Rear ended by a car once. Repaired at Honda Authorised Service Centre.
  7. Current Location: Pune
  8. Colour: White
  9. Insurance Valid Till: May 2016

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited by CPJ : 9th June 2015 at 18:26. Reason: Adding more Information
Old 10th June 2015, 06:32   #10520
BHPian

Guys, Please help me out with a quote.

2012 Skoda Fabia1.2 TDI on extended warranty until June 2016(One year of peace). Single owner, company serviced,43K run, in Kerala.
Owner quotes 4L. Yet to inspect the car in person, most probably should happen this weekend.
Has had only regular service and no other annoyances are reported. Please let me know what all I should be checking for and what is the price band to be looking at.
Old 10th June 2015, 11:05   #10521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomy View Post

2012 Skoda Fabia1.2 TDI on extended warranty until June 2016(One year of peace). Single owner, company serviced,43K run, in Kerala.
Owner quotes 4L. Yet to inspect the car in person, most probably should happen this weekend.
Has had only regular service and no other annoyances are reported. Please let me know what all I should be checking for and what is the price band to be looking at.
4 lakh for a discontinued Skoda is a premium. For that price you will get a used Octavia. Not going by the market price but personally, I would not pay more than 2/2.5 lakh.

Last edited by linuxmanju : 10th June 2015 at 11:08.
Old 10th June 2015, 12:45   #10522
BHPian

Am selling my much loved superbly maintained 2006 Elantra GLS Petrol as I am going abroad. Salient details:
Kms Covered: 1,01,000
Color: Silver
No. of Owners: 2
Insurance: Comprehensive till 11/2015

I have put the ad in teambhp classifieds. Do pm me if interested.
Old 10th June 2015, 17:35   #10523
BHPian

Need your help on this one fellow bhpians.

I currently drive a 2010 Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 MJD and was thinking of picking up a GT-Tsi before I read the thread that stated the advantages of picking up pre-worshipped car as opposed to a new one.

I have come across a 2013 Jetta 1.4 Tsi Trendline that has done about 22000 kms and is in pristine condition. The owner has quoted a price of 8,50,000 which is slightly negotiable.

I was actually looking for a Laura 1.8 tsi however whatever I could find were models with very high mileage and when i drove this car i found the car to be a decent upgrade from the modest 1.3 mjd.

What should be a reasonable price for this car considering its condition as well as mileage.
Old 11th June 2015, 12:58   #10524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxmanju View Post
4 lakh for a discontinued Skoda is a premium. For that price you will get a used Octavia. Not going by the market price but personally, I would not pay more than 2/2.5 lakh.
Wow. I seriously doubt that the prices are that low, even for a discontinued Skoda
Considering the market dynamics and the fact its a top of the line Elegance model I was considering offering max of 3.75L.
Any particular niggles in the Fabia I should be concentrating at?
Old 11th June 2015, 13:26   #10525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhamag92 View Post
One of my colleagues is selling his mid-2011 bought Skoda Superb (the 1.8 petrol Elegance). I had been looking at an entry level sedan like the City/Vento myself but the Superb has always been a favorite and I am seriously considering going for this one. What would be a fair price for this car, assuming it's well mentioned and has had no major niggles thus far. He's quoting 8L, the final price should be somewhere between 7.5L and 8L.

Also, I am planning on keeping this car for 3 years at max. Any major (Read: expensive) issues which Superbs are known to suffer from after this time period? Also, if someone could give me a broad idea on how much maintenance would cost for this car vs say a C2 segment sedan, that'll be super. I am going to see the car, tomorrow so any pointers on things I should check out/stuff I should look at more closely would also be welcome.
Thanks.
7.5- 8 Lacs seems a fair deal. How many kms has it run? And is it the Automatic or Manual variant? Do let me know if you finally bought the car or not. I'm contemplating a similar change as well.
Old 11th June 2015, 13:43   #10526
BHPian

Quote:

4L is a decent price for the Fabia Elegance 1.2TDi.
If you can seal the deal for 3.75, then much better, provided the car is in decent condition. The Fabia is a decent car with pretty neat interiors.
Old 11th June 2015, 13:44   #10527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxmanju View Post
4 lakh for a discontinued Skoda is a premium.

Add to that the sad state of affairs with Skoda Support. In case any issues crop up you would be spending a premium on repairs. The total cost of ownership would be almost at par with that of a new hatch!
Old 11th June 2015, 13:55   #10528
BHPian

People seem to have opinions on either end of the spectrum.
Personally, I like the Fabia knowing all the horror stories associated with the CZ manufacturer.
I think I 'am gonna bargain hard and bring the price down if I like the car when I see it in person. Somewhere around 3- 3.5.
I'd like inputs from other Fabia owners on the various components in the car that follows Moore's Law and is waiting to give up on me.
Old 11th June 2015, 14:52   #10529
BHPian

What would be a good price to pay for a i20 asta CRDi. 2013 model run around 20k.

Also i would like to sell my i10 magna 2010 which has around 50k on odo. A dealer quotes 2.2L. Is that a good price?
Old 12th June 2015, 09:17   #10530
BHPian

Quote:
Any particular niggles in the Fabia I should be concentrating at?
Its a well rounded car. Built like a tank, handling is top notch, spacious, straight line stability and safety is of tall order. If you choose to ignore the racket three pot engine makes at high speeds and ASS, its an awesome package to live with.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks