Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2015, 19:54   #10471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMane View Post
The dealer said i could pay 50k as a token and get a due date for finances. Is this a regular thing in used car market?
Thanks for help in advance.
By what I gather, this car seems to be a company owned car.
So u should insist on the following :-

Complete service record of the car to know that it was maintained properly or not.

Tell the dealer that the rates may be freezed with him but the token payment of 50k couldn't be made to him as he is not the registered owner of the car. Insist on getting a receipt from the L&T finance guys. This would ensure the safety of your money.
FidoDido is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2015, 23:13   #10472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMane View Post
Is this price right or should i negotiate more?
The price looks fine to me.
Make sure that the car has not been involved in any major accidents, get a thorough checkup done at the ASS and then you are good to go.

As mentioned by others above, even I would advise you to buy the car from a direct seller. These used car dealers can't be trusted at all.
Even if you go ahead with this deal make sure you have personally inspected the service records, insurance etc., do not rely on what the dealer tells until and unless it is supported by the relevant documents.

All the best for your purchase
Mr.mitsuvolk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2015, 00:00   #10473
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Im a 25 year old guy and have saved 2 lakhs now after working for just over a year now. since i live with my family i have no major expenses as well. however i earn very less at 23k/month in hand. really wish to buy a car for myself. my plan is to save 2.5 for downpayment and take a loan for 2-3 years for the rest. however im thinking a used car would be a good choice for me as i will get a nice price for a barely used car. with my salary is a new car ok or a used one is best ? i would prefer a CNG model as it gets recovered in just 2 years if you run 800-100kms monthly. what do you people suggest ? The cars i like are Alto k10 cng , wagon r cng , Celerio cng/upcoming diesel , maybe Ritz LDi if dad helps to buy this one as it nearly 5.5 lakhs

Last edited by Mr. Nobody : 18th May 2015 at 00:10.
Old 18th May 2015, 00:17   #10474
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
Im a 25 year old guy and have saved 2 lakhs now after working for just over a year now. since i live with my family i have no major expenses as well. however i earn very less at 23k/month in hand. really wish to buy a car for myself. my plan is to save 2.5 for downpayment and take a loan for 2-3 years for the rest. however im thinking a used car would be a good choice for me as i will get a nice price for a barely used car. with my salary is a new car ok or a used one is best ? i would prefer a CNG model as it gets recovered in just 2 years if you run 800-100kms monthly. what do you people suggest ? The cars i like are Alto k10 cng , wagon r cng , Celerio cng/upcoming diesel , maybe Ritz LDi if dad helps to buy this one as it nearly 5.5 lakhs
You could find a used waggy in the amount you've saved. My personal vote is for that. It's generously spacious, sort of plucky, and basically you can dictate how much you want to spend maintaining it.
Just be cautious in what kind of used car you go for. Be choosy about the owner and records. Stay away from dealers. All the faults will be temporarily fixed, and will come out in a few months, and that will hit you.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2015, 01:09   #10475
BHPian

Quote:
For your running, petrol makes sense. For your usage, a used one makes more sense and you could easily find a 30-40k KMs run 4 years old Swift 1.2 k series for abour 3 Lakhs in Delhi. You can take used car loan as well, though the rate of interest is higher. Such a car will have least maintainance, and performance wise, you would love it more everyday.
My personal suggestion would be to go for a ZXi variant as it has life saving features as ABS and Airbags, also the brake booster is bigger with broader tyres, meaning a more stable and safe car.
Old 18th May 2015, 09:53   #10476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had been in your situation around a year back until now i got a wonderful opportunity which rewrote my complete scenario
I would strongly suggest you to go for petrol.Diesel would be a bit expensive on the pocket for a guy earning at an early stage. i own a swift diesel (Gifted by my dad) and believe me the service bills used to pinch me hard.
I also own a K10,but i would suggest you to go for wagon R.
In my current situation the diesel is a blessing for me thanks to the weekend Pune-Mumbai_pune commute.
All the best.
Old 18th May 2015, 10:09   #10477
BHPian

Quote:
with my salary is a new car ok or a used one is best ?
I would suggest you to buy a used car only , not because of what you earn or what you have saved for the car but this is because it makes much more economic sense to buy sparingly used (read : 'almost' new cars) until n unless your earning comes in a very high tax bracket where it makes more sense to buy a new one.
The second owner of a car does not have to take the depreciation hit as hard as the first owner does.
Quote:
i would prefer a CNG model as it gets recovered in just 2 years if you run 800-100kms monthly. what do you people suggest ?
In my opinion if you are buying a used car, it is better to buy a car which has run purely on petrol and then convert it to CNG yourself, this might be a little expensive but gives you absolute peace of mind.

You can look out for cars like Alto, Santro Xing, WagonR, Spark, Ritz(P) etc.

WagonR is a very good option considering your requirements but the only setback with WagonR is that getting a good deal is very difficult, wagonRs hold their value really well at least in my city, this may not hold true everywhere.

Whichever car you buy, make sure you have gone through all the paperwork : service records, insurance etc.

Also, give higher preference to cars being sold directly by the owners.

All the best for your purchase
Old 18th May 2015, 14:10   #10478
BHPian

Thanks everyone for the advice. According to carwale.com a new Wagonr lxi cng is 4.8 lakhs on road, Altok10 Lxi cng is 4.2 on lakhs and , petrol Ritz is 4.7 lakhs OTR. If I go for a new wagon r, I'll have to take loan for 3 years with a 6.5k emi.

Why is it suggested to buy used petrol and then convert ? Wont it be better to get a factory fitted wagon r or Alto K10 ? Too scared these shoddy outside kits will someday leak and burn me alive.

Last edited by Mr. Nobody : 18th May 2015 at 14:25. Reason: Corrected spaces, capitalisation, removed sms lingo. Please ensure you proof read your posts before submitting. Thanks!
Mr. Nobody is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th May 2015, 23:22   #10479
BHPian

Quote:

Why is it suggested to buy used petrol and then convert ? Wont it be better to get a factory fitted wagon r or Alto K10 ? Too scared these shoddy outside kits will someday leak and burn me alive.
There should not be a problem if you buy a car which comes with CNG from the factory but buying a car with an aftermarket CNG kit may be risky if the previous owner has not taken proper care of it, for eg : some people tend to use their cars purely on the alternate fuel which is not advisable (you don't need to worry about this particular problem if you get a car with a sequenetial gas kit).
Old 19th May 2015, 22:00   #10480
BHPian

Gentlemen please help. I want to understand what will be the fair price for a grand vitara 2.4 litre MT variant in Chennai. This is urgent.
Old 20th May 2015, 15:19   #10481
BHPian

Hello BHPians,

I need your opinion/help in deciding my car purchase. I am in the market searching for a good used car (diesel) for my daily commute (20kms one way, from electronic city to koramangla). I might be travelling onsite in 6 months time, and then this car will go to Hyderabad, serving my parents who are now using a Punto diesel (150000kms, 5 yrs old). So I need a car that is atleast as good as Punto and reliable with good service backup.

I have narrowed on a fiesta classic 1.4 TDCI CLXi, 31500kms, 2011 June model. This is a company leased car, with the seller for 4 years. He changed the tyres 6 months back (planning on this sale). Seller stays close to his company, so it has done less mileage. I have driven it and seems/feels good to me. Neatly maintained, almost scratchless (difficult in bangalore).

He is demanding 485000 and I am somehow skeptical about the value and i am afraid i might be overpaying, considering the low resale value. Ofcourse if it goes to my parents, they will extract every km left in that engine ! With me, I am more of a long drive person and I might be okay with fiesta for atleast 3 to 4 yrs more. I need a spacious car to lug around my german shepherd and family together in the same ride

What do you guys suggest ? Is this deal okay or should i look further? what are the options ?
Old 20th May 2015, 16:12   #10482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kri$hna View Post
Hello BHPians,

I have narrowed on a fiesta classic 1.4 TDCI CLXi, 31500kms, 2011 June model.

He is demanding 485000 and I am somehow skeptical about the value and i am afraid i might be overpaying, considering the low resale value.
With me, I am more of a long drive person and I might be okay with fiesta for atleast 3 to 4 yrs more. I need a spacious car to lug around my german shepherd and family together in the same ride

What do you guys suggest ? Is this deal okay or should i look further? what are the options ?
Firstly to start with, the seller is quoting atleast 1.25 Lakhs more than its worth in the market.
Secondly, it is in no way a spacious car since you mention you need a spacious car. It cannot accommodate your German Shepherd and your family together. Not possible.

You would be better off looking for an Etios Diesel or if budget permits, a used Mini SUV or an Ertiga diesel.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 17:18   #10483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Firstly to start with, the seller is quoting atleast 1.25 Lakhs more than its worth in the market.
Secondly, it is in no way a spacious car since you mention you need a spacious car. It cannot accommodate your German Shepherd and your family together. Not possible.

You would be better off looking for an Etios Diesel or if budget permits, a used Mini SUV or an Ertiga diesel.
Thanks for your quick comment Vinit. My family is Myself+Wifey+baby+doggy .. we were very comfy in a baleno untill 2012 when I sold it before moving to germany for 2yrs.

Toyotas are very overpriced in the showrooms as well as in the used car market, so I am staying away from those overpriced tins. After Baleno, I didnt find another Jap car that matches my wants in my budget!

I was interested in this deal only from value perspective, since I get new tires, low mileage diesel, very well maintained car, may be for some premium. But if its overpriced by that much margin, then I have to think before i cut this deal (I already stopped myself at 4.8 and the seller was demanding 4.85,I havent climbed up & referred to this thread).

If I can get a car by the end of next week, it would be very helpful in moving my home.. but I dont want to get a lemon in a hurry
Old 20th May 2015, 17:21   #10484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was interested in this deal only from value perspective, since I get new tires, low mileage diesel, very well maintained car, may be for some premium. But if its overpriced by that much margin, then I have to think before i cut this deal (I already stopped myself at 4.8 and the seller was demanding 4.85,I havent climbed up & referred to this thread).

If I can get a car by the end of next week, it would be very helpful in moving my home.. but I dont want to get a lemon in a hurry
You need to give a visit to the T-bhp price check tool in the classifieds section. it states the price to be in the range of 3.37-3.85L.
Even if you get it at the low price, it still will not meet your needs, as it is not spacious at all.
Old 20th May 2015, 20:24   #10485
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Thanks for your quick comment Vinit. My family is Myself+Wifey+baby+doggy .. we were very comfy in a baleno untill 2012 when I sold it before moving to germany for 2yrs.

Both the Fiesta & Etios are pretty much the same. And Krishna has used a Baleno earlier , and looks to be seeing this Fiesta in the same way. So why should there be a problem ?

Quote:
Quote:
You need to give a visit to the T-bhp price check tool in the classifieds section. it states the price to be in the range of 3.37-3.85L.
Quote:
But if its overpriced by that much margin, then I have to think before i cut this deal (I already stopped myself at 4.8 and the seller was demanding 4.85,I havent climbed up & referred to this thread).
Pls dont go by only TBHP or other sites for the pricing. TBHP uses India Blue Book, which seems to value cars lesser than some other sites. A better way would have been to speak to dealers for valuation of similar cars (like for exhange value).

Krishna, a lemon is a faulty car. Badly faulty. If this car is a lemon, then you should not even be looking at it.

But if you are refering to the price, then I think you have already committed for 4.8L. I dont think you can now go back and reduce the offer. So you have to decide if you want to go ahead at this price or if you want to back out

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks