Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2015, 23:12   #10546
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
How much should I pay for this car?

Around Rs.70000 looks to be reasonable for an Esteem that is 17 years old, lacks power steering, has changed hands twice and is in need of a coat of paint.
arunkumarsarat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2015, 23:44   #10547
BHPian

Quote:
How much should I pay for this car?
Breaks will not cost much, but painting tinkering will cost you at least 20K. Don't pay more than 40-50K, anything more is a waste of your money.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2015, 23:57   #10548
BHPian

Sold my July 2013 model Silver Volkswagen Polo Petrol Highline for 4.75 lakhs. Vehicle was impeccably maintained and was driven for only 3400 kms.
Old 29th June 2015, 15:33   #10549
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
Breaks will not cost much, but painting tinkering will cost you at least 20K. Don't pay more than 40-50K, anything more is a waste of your money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkumarsarat View Post
Around Rs.70000 looks to be reasonable for an Esteem that is 17 years old, lacks power steering, has changed hands twice and is in need of a coat of paint.
Thank you guys. Owner is quoting 55k. Let me try negotiating.
Old 29th June 2015, 16:10   #10550
BHPian

Quote:
For reference, I sold my esteem Lxi (85 bhp MPFi) a month ago for 70k in Delhi.
It was Dec 2002 model, 2nd owner and had done 102000 kms on the odo.
The new owner had nothing to do apart from a regular service.

I don't think you should pay any more than 40 - 45k on the non-Mpfi model or rather look for a MPfi version.
Mr M R K is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 22:52   #10551
BHPian

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

I am considering a fuel friendly upgrade and hence want to get rid of my nicely maintained i10 Asta Auto with moon roof, blue tooth audio etc:

-2011 model
-single driver
-32k kms
- new tires, new break pads, new Amaron battery ( all less than 3 month old)
-MH04 Passing
-insurance valid through feb 2016

I believe price quoted by the tool (3.5 L) on this site is too low and I'm thinking I'll start at 4.25lacs.

Just want to seek worthy opinions on the use of this tool.

Thanks

Last edited by TMRT : 29th June 2015 at 23:21.
Old 29th June 2015, 23:28   #10552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRT View Post
I am considering a fuel friendly upgrade and hence want to get rid of my nicely maintained i10 Asta Auto with moon roof, blue tooth audio etc:

Yours is a niche car in the i10 line up and hence getting a good price depends upon whether you manage to get a buyer looking for an auto. If not the resale will take a hit, more so since Maruti has launched the K10 and Celerio AMTs.

I think around 3.80 lakhs is a very fair value for the car.
Old 30th June 2015, 01:00   #10553

A friend of mine is selling his 2007 Accent with after market cng kit fitted. Another friend of mine is interested in buying a car in the same price bracket and category.
What should be the price of the car, considering that, it has run 90000km, has clean interiors but exteriors have suffered damage due to age. Body is although rust free, but has few scratches and is in need of new tyres.
Also, No accident history of the car.
Old 30th June 2015, 16:59   #10554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunbagga7 View Post
A friend of mine is selling his 2007 Accent with after market cng kit fitted. Another friend of mine is interested in buying a car in the same price bracket and category.
What should be the price of the car, considering that, it has run 90000km, has clean interiors but exteriors have suffered damage due to age. Body is although rust free, but has few scratches and is in need of new tyres.
Also, No accident history of the car.
Given that it's a high mileage car which is 8 years old, this should go for 1.6-1.8 Lacs. One could probably throw in another 10K for CNG kit (varies from buyer to buyer).
Old 1st July 2015, 22:48   #10555
CJP
BHPian

Buying a used Brio AT - 2 years /13K km

Dear T-BHPians,

We are seriously considering buying a second car - mostly for the ladies (Wifey and 18 yr. old daughter). The ladies have made their choice, a Honda Brio AT. Given budget constraints, the ladies are good to go with a nice used (read almost new) car.

Identified one thru various online ads. there is one listing for Rs.5.9L. Done 13k kms, about 2 years old in very clean and immaculate condition. Complete with 3M IR rejecting sun film on the Brio's generous glass area. We've scheduled a test drive this weekend, will update later.

In the meanwhile, folks, some feedback on what to watch out for in a used Honda Brio, test drive in the specific context of the Honda will help. Also any feedback on price please? I thought it was a bit more, my idea of a fair price was in the Rs.5.5 L range.

Thanks for your help.
Old 2nd July 2015, 18:51   #10556
BHPian

What is the right price to buy 2011 Laura TSI MT in Bangalore driven about 35K KMS and single owner good condition. One of my friend is selling it.

Please suggest if it is worth buying 4yr old TSI though it is driven less. I am looking for keeping the car for next 3 yrs, i currently drive Rapid petrol

Is it safe to buy considering the age of this car, i am not keen in spending lakhs on this..! Is TSI expected to give problems after 4 or 5yrs of usage?

Thanks in Advance
AM.
Old 2nd July 2015, 19:19   #10557
BHPian

You can buy it safely if a scan at the dealer shows no issues. A TSI - and a low run one at that - is not expected to give problems after 4-5 years of usage. It is not a car that will make you spend lakhs on it if it is clean at the time of buying and you treat it well. Bangalore prices are crazy but I believe around 6.5 lakhs should be a decent price.
Old 4th July 2015, 14:07   #10558
BHPian

Planning to sell my dad's Old Honda City - First Gen

Model: 1999 EXI
Mileage: 86000 km
Single Owner (company owned and maintained)

How much can i reasonably expect in Bangalore ?
Old 5th July 2015, 10:31   #10559
BHPian

Quote:
do not offer more than 35 K. no takers are gonna line up to buy that old a car.Also remember you need a fittness vcertificate from the RTO after you do the patchwork and change all tyres if worn out. please factor in this too if the fitness certificate is not taken already or else RTO will not transfer it to your name.
Give your offer and wait. occassionaly call up . dont show much enthusiasm.
keep looking for a better deal. 55k will get you a much better car is what i gather from your description. Patch work on the outer body is easier than patchwork on floorpan.do not touch the car if it needs floorpan rust work. or else you are sure to regret the buy

Best wishes

Last edited by srinivaspai : 5th July 2015 at 10:35. Reason: forgot to mention a important point
srinivaspai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2015, 11:11   #10560
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Buying a used Brio AT - 2 years /13K km

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJP View Post
In the meanwhile, folks, some feedback on what to watch out for in a used Honda Brio, test drive in the specific context of the Honda will help. Also any feedback on price please?
Saar, one point against the Brio AT is the single-digit FE. For a suitable price to target, check the valuation on rightcar.in.

(I just came out of a similar situation, but went with a low run Nov-2011 A-Star AT.)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks