Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2015, 10:59   #10531
BHPian

Hi. Iam looking to sell my 2012, Renault Pulse Rxz diesel car which has run 71000kms. Its a single owner, top end model with abs, airbags, keyless entry etc.. How much should I expect for it?? Thanks in advance.
princezahed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2015, 12:22   #10532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxmanju View Post
Its a well rounded car. Built like a tank, handling is top notch, spacious, straight line stability and safety is of tall order. If you choose to ignore the racket three pot engine makes at high speeds and ASS, its an awesome package to live with.
Thanks buddy, that falls in line with my impression of the car too.
Inspected the car in person, very well maintained with all service records. A gentleman of a doctor which showed in the way he has treated his car. New battery (2 months). Tyres need to be replaced as they are still stock.
A couple of scratches on the left doors, apparently keyed but something I can live with.
His final offer is 3.8.
I feel this is a good price for what i getting.
Roomy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2015, 13:43   #10533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomy View Post
Thanks buddy, that falls in line with my impression of the car too.
Inspected the car in person, very well maintained with all service records. A gentleman of a doctor which showed in the way he has treated his car. New battery (2 months). Tyres need to be replaced as they are still stock.
A couple of scratches on the left doors, apparently keyed but something I can live with.
His final offer is 3.8.
I feel this is a good price for what i getting.
One of my friend was desperately looking for one in Bangalore but couldn't find one below 3.5 L, that was his max, and ended up buying 2005 Octavia for 1.91 L and has spent 60 K so far on it.
Old 13th June 2015, 13:57   #10534
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Hello,

Whats a fair price for Santro Xing XG 2004, Silver colour, 60k odo in Bangalore?

I am upgrading to an Ertiga ZDI and True value has offered 1.3L+ 30k exchange bonus. Can I bargain for more? The True value guy was saying that such Santros go at 1-1.15L but yours is in good condition so the premium.

I will be loosing out on the 50% NCB, but I think the price offered makes up for it.
Old 13th June 2015, 14:30   #10535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by litesaber View Post
Hello,

Whats a fair price for Santro Xing XG 2004, Silver colour, 60k odo in Bangalore?

I am upgrading to an Ertiga ZDI and True value has offered 1.3L+ 30k exchange bonus. Can I bargain for more? The True value guy was saying that such Santros go at 1-1.15L but yours is in good condition so the premium.

I will be loosing out on the 50% NCB, but I think the price offered makes up for it.
That's a pretty decent price for a 2004 Santro Xing XG. We have a 2003 XG and is valued at just above 1L. This is in Trivandrum.
Old 14th June 2015, 01:31   #10536
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

Hi Litesaber,

Not quite sure what you meant about loosing out on the 50% NCB.
NCB goes with the driver and NOT the car. It is a "bonus" given to the driver by the insurance company.
Even if you give the insurance with the car to the dealer the NCB stays with you and once the car is transferred to the new buyer he will have to pay the 50% difference of the NCB you were entitled to.
In fact, you should contact your insurance agent and get him to issue you a 50% NCB certificate which can be used for the next two years on any car you decide to buy.
I have done this with every one of my cars that I have sold and you stand to save at least 10K if you are buying a new Ertiga Zdi. Showrooms are not too happy about this because they lose out on the premium but stick to your guns and you will get the 50% NCB.

Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2015, 11:58   #10537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Litesaber,

Not quite sure what you meant about loosing out on the 50% NCB.
NCB goes with the driver and NOT the car. It is a "bonus" given to the driver by the insurance company.
Even if you give the insurance with the car to the dealer the NCB stays with you and once the car is transferred to the new buyer he will have to pay the 50% difference of the NCB you were entitled to.
In fact, you should contact your insurance agent and get him to issue you a 50% NCB certificate which can be used for the next two years on any car you decide to buy.
I have done this with every one of my cars that I have sold and you stand to save at least 10K if you are buying a new Ertiga Zdi. Showrooms are not too happy about this because they lose out on the premium but stick to your guns and you will get the 50% NCB.

Regards,
SS
Hello,

I am selling the Santro to True Value and not individual buyer. Can I get the NCB even if the car has not been transferred on the RC book? My Santro insurance expires 20th June and the new car is expected this week. Can you elaborate on the process you followed to get the NCB?

The showroom is OK with getting the insurance from outside.
thanks!!
Old 14th June 2015, 13:34   #10538
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

I am selling the Santro to True Value and not individual buyer. Can I get the NCB even if the car has not been transferred on the RC book? My Santro insurance expires 20th June and the new car is expected this week. Can you elaborate on the process you followed to get the NCB?

The showroom is OK with getting the insurance from outside.
thanks!!
Hi Litesaber,
OK. This could be an issue. Normally the insurance company could quibble and say they will not give you the NCB letter till they see that the Santro has been transferred to the new buyer. On the other hand as your insurance expires in 6 days time this would be ideal (I think) to not renew the insurance (as you are selling) and get the NCB letter but then True Value would have to take out a third party insurance - or may ask you to do so. This is not cheap these days.
Not quite sure about this situation especially with your new car being delivered this week.
Please get hold of an insurance agent/advisor outside True Value and get his opinion. I am no expert on these finer details but it should be workable.
Even if you cannot use it for your new car, you could use it for another car which you buy in your name or for your new car next year when the premium is due.

Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 22:32   #10539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Litesaber,
OK. This could be an issue. Normally the insurance company could quibble and say they will not give you the NCB letter till they see that the Santro has been transferred to the new buyer. On the other hand as your insurance expires in 6 days time this would be ideal (I think) to not renew the insurance (as you are selling) and get the NCB letter but then True Value would have to take out a third party insurance - or may ask you to do so. This is not cheap these days.
Not quite sure about this situation especially with your new car being delivered this week.
Please get hold of an insurance agent/advisor outside True Value and get his opinion. I am no expert on these finer details but it should be workable.
Even if you cannot use it for your new car, you could use it for another car which you buy in your name or for your new car next year when the premium is due.

Regards,
SS
I applied for NCB certificate for my Santro today. Apparently this can be done with a request for NCB certificate and paying the prorated insurance difference at regular rate. I would be getting the certificate in couple of days and I will buy 3rd party for the Santro after that. A couple of calls to customer care and a visit to Bajaj Allianz office was all it took. At first they were insistent on sale proof, then they said we will only give it if you also take new car insurance with us.

Thanks to SS I must have saved atleast 12k on insurance and more if you look at future insurance outflows.

Sorry Admins for a couple of off topic posts in this thread.
Old 16th June 2015, 00:54   #10540
BHPian

Quote:
I applied for NCB certificate for my Santro today. Apparently this can be done with a request for NCB certificate and paying the prorated insurance difference at regular rate. I would be getting the certificate in couple of days and I will buy 3rd party for the Santro after that. A couple of calls to customer care and a visit to Bajaj Allianz office was all it took. At first they were insistent on sale proof, then they said we will only give it if you also take new car insurance with us.

Thanks to SS I must have saved atleast 12k on insurance and more if you look at future insurance outflows.

Sorry Admins for a couple of off topic posts in this thread.
Hi Litesaber,

Great news. Glad to have been of help. That's what this forum is all about.
Remember to transfer your NCB's in future too.
All the best.

SS
Old 17th June 2015, 20:01   #10541
BHPian

What would be a fair price for a Civic SMT, 2007 model, 95000 KMs done, 2nd owner in a fairly well maintained condition?

I have always been fond of Civic and one of my friends is selling this one so it got me thinking. With this being an out of production model and already 8 years old, is it even worth a consideration?
Old 17th June 2015, 21:41   #10542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZinFluent View Post
What would be a fair price for a Civic SMT, 2007 model, 95000 KMs done, 2nd owner in a fairly well maintained condition?

I have always been fond of Civic and one of my friends is selling this one so it got me thinking. With this being an out of production model and already 8 years old, is it even worth a consideration?
Certainly. Its a classic which looks as contemporary as they get, infact its the right time to buy this car, provided the price is right, I would buy it for 3L if it was in Bangalore.
Old 18th June 2015, 16:52   #10543
BHPian

One of my friend is looking to buy a 2012 Skopa Rapid Ambition.

Specifications :

- Comes with 4 EVO alloys.
- Diamond audio AMP, west coast Digital Speaker and Sub (worth almost 90k)
- Seat covers.
- Rear Sensors
- Handle twib
- ODO : 48000 Kms
- KA registration

Seller is quoting 6L. Is this a good price?
Old 19th June 2015, 09:00   #10544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi
One of my friend is looking to buy a 2012 Skopa Rapid Ambition.
.snip.
Seller is quoting 6L. Is this a good price?
Well, the all new Jazz might be an opition to consider instead of a used Skoda. Skoda anyway doesn't have a great resale value and peace of mind during ownership is not guaranteed.
narenteam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2015, 22:34   #10545
Distinguished - BHPian

How much should I pay for this car?
1998 Maruti Esteem Lx (Manual steering)
2 owners
94k on odo (Genuine)
Golden Color (tinkering & new coat o paint needed for the complete car)
LPG endorsed (and running well)
Engine & Suspension is good, brake is little weak

Let me post the snap tomorrow

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks