Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2014, 20:57   #9016

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

For a 2nd car in our family, I have zeroed in on a WagonR Vxi Feb 2013 model with approx 6k running.
The car looks decent (Yet to take a test drive though)

What should be the ideal price for it? The seller is claiming 3.5L+ which is certainly on the higher side.

I certainly intend to negotiate hard.
Will it be fair for me to claim 25-30% depreciation over the already discounted price of a brand new wagonr right now?
That kind of calculation makes it to 2.7L. Will that be too low or reasonable?
Old 10th March 2014, 21:48   #9017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post

It is definitely worth especially if it is from Toyota Utrust. A new Fortuner would cost you at least 25L on road. This used Fortuner has done only 30K kms in 3 years, so average running is lesser than 10K per yer (which is nothing). In short this Fortuner is almost as new. You are getting it at a price, which is less than 70% of the price of a new Fortuner. Though the standard company warranty (of 3 years/1,00,000 kms) might have expired, uTrust will give you at least 6 months warranty after proper servicing. One of the TBHPian, Contrapunto has very good experience of taking a used Innova from UTrust.

In my opinion you can go for it.
Thanks. Is there any difference between various utrust dealerships or all of them would provide same quality and reliability?

Also is there any scope for bargain on the price quoted by them?

What needs to be kept in mind while buying used cars from utrust?
Old 10th March 2014, 21:59   #9018
BHPian

Now that the A star has been discontinued, Celerio has a long waiting time and the brio and the Micra being expensive I was tempted to look into the used car market. I came across a 3 year old A star vxi ABS automatic, 12k on the clock and in decent condition with scratches over the bumpers etc. This would be a 2nd car, mainly for my wife who is not yet a confident driver. What would be a reasonable offer considering that new would have costed about 5.6L OTR. I have booked the celerio and will lose 1k if I cancel the booking.
Old 10th March 2014, 22:38   #9019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookaburra View Post
Will that be too low or reasonable?
For such a low run car which sells very well and commands good resale I would believe a 15% dep for year 1 is fair.
Old 12th March 2014, 09:13   #9020
BHPian

What should be the price of Honda City ZX GXI (Oct 2007) 10th Anniversary Edition, run just 29000 KM, nicely maintained with no damages?
Old 12th March 2014, 09:53   #9021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepch View Post
Finally zeroed in on a 2009 Fiesta this past weekend. The last round of confusion was killing me as I had to choose between a 2010 Manza, 50K run & 2009 Fiesta 60K run with identical pricing. Every logic was in favour of Manza, but something didn't feel right. Somewhere something was missing when i drove it

So made up my mind about the Fiesta and took the vehicle on Sunday

Thanks to everyone here at TBHP who have helped me immensely in taking the call.
Hi

Can you please share how much you paid? Also it this the petrol one and if so is it the 1.6lS?

Thanks
Old 12th March 2014, 12:56   #9022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msd63 View Post
Now that the A star has been discontinued, Celerio has a long waiting time and the brio and the Micra being expensive I was tempted to look into the used car market. I came across a 3 year old A star vxi ABS automatic, 12k on the clock and in decent condition with scratches over the bumpers etc. This would be a 2nd car, mainly for my wife who is not yet a confident driver. What would be a reasonable offer considering that new would have costed about 5.6L OTR. I have booked the celerio and will lose 1k if I cancel the booking.
If you are not in a hurry, then i will suggest to wait for your Celerio. Its a brand new car with better efficiency and much better space. Interior is also well laid out. If you buy A star now and if want to sell after 2-3 years then it will be a nightmare for you. You will loose lot of money. Whereas in case of Celerio you will get piece of mind and Better resale even after 3-5 years.

Only if your are getting A star at dirt cheap price, go for it else stay away. Its already a discontinued car from the market & has poor resale value. All the best for your Celerio, i hope you will get it within 2-3 months
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2014, 18:02   #9023
BHPian

Hello folks,

I am being offered a 2008 dec Bmw X5 3.0D done 76000Kms at 32Lacs.Its mumbai registered and first owner.It was covered under BSI and everything is in pristine condition.Recently Tyres and brake pads were replaced and engine overhauling was carried out.

Its one of my close freinds car and I somehow have liked it.

Is 32Lacs a decent deal?if not what should be the correct price?

Awaiting your inputs.
Old 13th March 2014, 20:35   #9024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
Hello folks,

I am being offered a 2008 dec Bmw X5 3.0D done 76000Kms at 32Lacs.Its mumbai registered and first owner.It was covered under BSI and everything is in pristine condition.Recently Tyres and brake pads were replaced and engine overhauling was carried out.
Engine overhauling in just 76000 km? Definitely something is not right.
Old 14th March 2014, 09:47   #9025
BHPian

I have a 2011 (April) VW Polo 1.2L Comfortline which has done 23k on Odo and it is in pristine condition ( no accident history, no dents & no major scratches). Predominantly used in Whitefield - Bangalore with exactly three long drives. It has been maintained under the company lease policy and hence always serviced and maintained on time.
What can I expect if I sell the car ? The car will also be topped up with 12 month insurance in about a fortnight so that adds to the value
The car can also be seen on my profile
Old 15th March 2014, 01:43   #9026
BHPian

Have seen Chevrolet SRV 2006 model with 80k ODO on olx.in from hyderabad.

Any fair advices if I can consider, asking price is 2.3 lacs. How much I can quote and more over the model has been stopped couple of years back and I doubt if it is easy to source the spares from the open market.

Apart from the above, would like to know how reliable this vehicle?

I am a light foot driver, and usage is 600 to 700 Km's per month.

My previous cars are Santro and Accent.

Request my fellow bhpians to advise.
Old 16th March 2014, 16:45   #9027
BHPian

What should be a good price in Bangalore for MB E280 or E220 CDI 2007-2009. Can you guys give me a ballpark figure, I have got these options in the range of Rs. 17-20L. Was actually looking for a 2009-11 C Class but those are not available below 18L. What say guys.
Old 17th March 2014, 18:31   #9028
BHPian

Alternatively i am also looking at MB C220 CDI, its a 2009-10 elegance done 50000kms in good condition, owner asking final for 18.25L in Bangalore, what should be the right price guys. I am very keen on this one.
Old 18th March 2014, 14:48   #9029
BHPian

Hello everyone,

I had two queries:

1. I have a superbly maintained 2007 swift zxi with 65K on the odo, single owner which i want to sell. What should i expect for it?!

2. Now that Honda has stopped selling the civic, does it make sense to still go ahead and get a used civic? If yes what kind of a price should i quote for a 2010 single owner civic with 28k on the odo. The dealer is quoting 6.3 lacs for it.

Please guide!
Old 18th March 2014, 15:16   #9030
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookaburra View Post
For a 2nd car in our family, I have zeroed in on a WagonR Vxi Feb 2013 model with approx 6k running.
The car looks decent (Yet to take a test drive though)

What should be the ideal price for it? The seller is claiming 3.5L+ which is certainly on the higher side.

I certainly intend to negotiate hard.
Will it be fair for me to claim 25-30% depreciation over the already discounted price of a brand new wagonr right now?
That kind of calculation makes it to 2.7L. Will that be too low or reasonable?
An year old wagonR at about 3.5 is a good price. Is it the facelifted version with beige interiors?

You get Alto k10s n 800s in similar conditions for about 3L, so if wagonR is asking for 50k more, it is normal. No chance of 2.75L, forget it. Seller will stop responding altogether. If you can get it at 3.25L, it will be best deal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks