Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2014, 13:27   #9061
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

What can I expect for a very well maintained:
Fiat Punto Emotion Pk MJD
Model: May 2010
Accessories: Gsport leather seats, Reverse parking sensors
Kms: 50k
Color: White
Old 24th March 2014, 14:39   #9062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickyP View Post
It still defeats my logical thinking as why people are crazy about diesel vehicles! Its another long topic however.

I can still vouch for a t-jet and Fiat's service & spare has got better in the recent past. I was expecting around 4.3-4.5.
I know what you mean. But think about this: Putting aside the pleasure of driving and such (why?) the MultJjet costs half of TJet when it comes to fuel expenses as of today. To top it, TJet costs lesser than the MultiJet now. Basically the delta in price difference between the MultiJet and TJet is around 1 lakh. So, I suggest you or your family keep it as long as can if you have a need for the car.
prakash_ajp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2014, 15:09   #9063
BHPian

Guys any idea how much should my friend quote for i20 with below description?

Well maintained and single handed Asta I20 Diesel with life time road tax paid. Loaded with all features like (Power Windows, Power Steering, DVD / CD Player, Remote locking System, Airbags….etc)
Make: Hyundai
Model: ASTA Diesel (5 Speed) ABS
Run: 14,370kms so far
Mileage: 16 kms in city with AC and 21/22 kms on high way with AC.
Year: 2012 Feb
3M Sun film (CR 70 RTO Approved) under warranty.
Old 24th March 2014, 15:18   #9064
BHPian

Friends,

Any idea what can we expect for our 2009 Honda City?

Car: Honda City
Variant: V
Year: 2009
KMS driven: 28200
Number of owner: 1

It is a very well maintained car sparingly used.
Old 25th March 2014, 00:43   #9065
BHPian

Need help in understanding what could be a good price to part with
2011 Jan Punto 90HP.Its Red in color,registered in Coimbatore and has run ~ 18,000 kms.

I have been out of town for more than 3 years now and it has been used by parents sparingly and hence the low mileage.Appears I am in for a long haul out of India and so planning to sell it.
Old 25th March 2014, 14:19   #9066
BHPian

What would be the price of a 2005 Merc E-Class Kompressor Classic (A/T) variant done about 65000 km. Its being offered in exchange for 2007 Honda Accord + 1 lac.
Also hows the Merc on maintainance. Its a relatives car.
Old 26th March 2014, 13:05   #9067
BHPian

Sold my 2009 Fabia Ambiente 1.4 PD TDi for Rs. 3,10,000. The new owner took the possession of the ride today. Was an emotional moment for me. Has been with me since Aug 2009 and served us well for 77928 kms. On paper I was second owner as I purchased in company name and then transferred to my name. Hope this is a fair price for me as well as the buyer.

A day before the sale (25th Mar 2014), after a nice wash
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-20140325_102829.jpg

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-20140325_102855.jpg

Serving its new master (26th Mar 2014). I wish her all the best.
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-20140326_114742.jpg

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-20140326_114758.jpg
Old 26th March 2014, 13:56   #9068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
Sold my 2009 Fabia Ambiente 1.4 PD TDi for Rs. 3,10,000.

This post would be much better to the dedicated thread on actual resale value which can be found here. (What was your car's actual resale?)
Old 26th March 2014, 14:04   #9069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomy View Post
This post would be much better to the dedicated thread on actual resale value which can be found here. (What was your car's actual resale?)
Thanks Roomy for pointing me to the right thread.

Mods, I request you to kindly move my post to the relevant thread. Apologies for inconvenience.
Old 26th March 2014, 14:41   #9070
BHPian

I have to sell my Maruti Alto K10 VXI, registered in Nov '2013, driven for only 2500kms. Anyone know how much I can expect?
Old 26th March 2014, 16:09   #9071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
I have to sell my Maruti Alto K10 VXI, registered in Nov '2013, driven for only 2500kms. Anyone know how much I can expect?
Its almost a new car. You can expect 3.25 L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsi_6989 View Post
Friends,

Any idea what can we expect for our 2009 Honda City?

Car: Honda City
Variant: V
Year: 2009
KMS driven: 28200
Number of owner: 1

It is a very well maintained car sparingly used.
Anything between 5-5.5 Lacs is a good price IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalcruiser View Post
What can I expect for a very well maintained:
Fiat Punto Emotion Pk MJD
Model: May 2010
Accessories: Gsport leather seats, Reverse parking sensors
Kms: 50k
Color: White
4-4.5 Lacs is a good deal. Fiat generally gets less resale than others like Swift, City etc.
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2014, 02:07   #9072
BHPian

Advice needed for buying a 2010 Manza

My cousin wants to sell his well maintained 2010 Manza Aura Quadrajet (ABS). He said that I should consider it. I'm tempted (I ought to be - I advised him to buy it in the first place). The pros and cons for me leaning into the decision are:-

Pros
  1. Extremely well cared for car- regular services , from the A$$. Tyres changed 1 K kms back. Battery changed 6 months back.
  2. Owner is known to me and is extremely fastidious about his automobiles -diligently follows the 1 minute rule for the turbocharger - always, gets the car serviced on time, parks it in a covered (& locked) garage, synthetic oil, teflon treatment et al.
  3. Doesn't baby his car yet a cautious driver.
  4. The car is in pristine condition inside out. Done 49K kms.
  5. Space - oodles of it. Nice back seat. Cavernous boot.
  6. Decent interiors, build quality, fit and finish.
  7. Comfortable ride, an important point for my intended use of the car (highways).
  8. Chiller AC, another important aspect for my intended use of the car.
  9. The national diesel of India - the 1.3 MJD, in the 90HP tune.
  10. Mileage.
Cons
  1. The floaty handling behaviour.
  2. Turbo seems to take forever to spool up. I drove another 2010 Manza in the hills for about 150 kms and coming from a petrol car (mine's a MPFi Zen), it was a revelation. I guess I've been spoiled by the Zen's Point and Scoot nature !
  3. Though Tata has improved considerably in their A$$, I'm still a little skeptical (though I would approach fellow BHPian and a Manza veteran amit1234singla for advice)
  4. It's a 4 year old car - resale value may not be sterling. Though I intend to keep the car for 5-6 years at least.
  5. Reliability? Request long term owners may please comment on this.
So can I request your opinion on the following :-
  1. Should I go in for the car. I tend to maintain my automobiles, keep them for long (Zen joined us in 2004) and would like generally a hassle free product. Though the car hasn't given any trouble to the current owner and he's quite happy with the quality(save the odd glitch), I'm concerned whether the fit and finish levels will hold up well over the next 5-6 years that I intend to keep it ?
  2. If yes to 1 above, then at what price?
  3. What would need to be inspected/changed after I have bought the car (request Manza owners to pitch in on this, especially recalls/changes/company advisories that took place post 2010), as I have zero experience of owning and maintaining a diesel and the Zen has been a great companion and relatively niggle free throughout.
  4. I intend to mainly take to the highways with it - especially towards Rajasthan and the hills nearby ( maybe even Ladakh/Spiti - not sure though!). Is the car suited for its intended usage (Me + 2 lightweight adults + 2 children + luggage)?
  5. Potential major problem areas/niggles and solutions?

Cheers !

Last edited by Ironhide : 27th March 2014 at 02:15.
Old 27th March 2014, 15:47   #9073

Should I buy this car??

Hello tbhpians,
Its been a while since i have been looking out for a pre-worshipped SUV With a budget of 4-5Lakhs .Test drove a lot of them.Never came close to liking any of them mostly because they were way out of my budget and a few of them which were very ill maintained .

Had given up on the safari because most of the Safaris(2006-2009) i test drove were really pathetic and had made up this picture in my mind that a used Safari is not worth at all.
Today from a friend ,heard of a safari 2008 GX (2.2 Dicor)done almost 90K.Even though i was very reluctant to go and test drive the same, last minute on my friends request went for the same.
First impressions liked the car and hence took a long test drive.
My observations:-
Exteriors-Lot of scars on the body.the front bumper might even need a repaint.

Interiors-Very neatly maintained.

Techs -Hard clutch,
-Gears were sloppy,
-While attempting an engine brake (5th to 3rd gear)@110kmph the gears did not slot in properly and was slipping (is it because of weak clutch or some gear box issue or my driving??)else it was a very smooth drive.
-Couldn't feel turbo much.Don't know why!
-The indicator switches and the horn was not working.
-Breaks were very precise.(Did try breaking at a speed of 80 to a standstill and yes Really impressed.
-The owner does have a detailed service history,even though the last service was done a year back.
-Found very low levels of engine oil.
-The tyres looked like as if there is still 50% life left in them.The owner told us that they were stock ones.Really confusing stuff for me.Is it possible to maintain tires like that for 90000Kms .If not ,Why is he lying?
-Insurance expiring soon.
-Suspension feels good even though there is a slight "swish" sound from the front left one.

The owner is asking for 4.5Lakhs.
IMHO i feel the car is good.Since its a safari and looking at the Kms done i think 4.5L is a bit too much and soon the insurance,service and tires will cost me close to 50K+.
Of-course i will verify service history and all the credentials at a reputed TATA service station before striking a deal if at all it happens.
Please shed some "Gyan " here.
1.How much should i offer for the car?
2.Which service station(Bangalore)?and what do i ask them for?(just service history or should i ask them to do a complete service for me so that i would know the exact status of the vehicle.)
3.What are the other crucial things i should look for?
4.Timing belt if needs to be replaced,Cost?
5.Would this Safari last me for another 5Years 100000Kms(Long drives)?
Looking forward for some good gyan which would help me decide.

Cheers
Old 27th March 2014, 18:18   #9074
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Should I buy this car??

This belongs to the "What car?" thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratheeshba View Post
....-The owner does have a detailed service history,even though the last service was done a year back.
-Found very low levels of engine oil...
Fishy! Even if the oil was changed an year back, it should NOT be low at all, unless there is a leak some where. Probably the reason, you do NOT get the "turbo" feel either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratheeshba View Post
....-The tyres looked like as if there is still 50% life left in them.The owner told us that they were stock ones.Really confusing stuff for me.Is it possible to maintain tires like that for 90000Kms .If not ,Why is he lying?...
A massive car like Safari can NOT have 50% of the thread after 90K kms. A set of tyres may last till then. The tyres will have an indication when were those manufactured; that would reveal if he is lying.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 27th March 2014 at 18:19.
Old 27th March 2014, 18:35   #9075

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by noopster : 27th March 2014 at 19:10. Reason: Use Thanks button instead of making one-liner posts. Read mod note inline.
ratheeshba is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks