Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2014, 20:10   #9811
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Have been on the lookout for an Honda City AT in chennai but barely able to find one directly with the owner. Dealers are quoting for 2010-2011 models with 30-40k kms clocked about 6-6.5L. How much can one pay for a facelifted 2012 model cars with about 30k kms?

I own a Dzire AT so is an upgrade from the Dzire AT to a City AT worth the change as the latter is a 4 speed AUTO!
Old 9th October 2014, 16:33   #9812
BHPian

Hi,

I'm getting a used Tata Safari Storme, the details are as follows:
  1. Variant: VX 4x4
  2. Purchase date: Nov-Dec 2012
  3. Registration date: Jan 2013 (Gurgaon regd.)
  4. Odometer: 20K kms
  5. Asking price: 12.5L negotiated to 11L
  6. Current on-road price: 15L (Gurgaon regd.) + free insurance for 3 years

I've driven the car and have made the following observations:
  1. Looks good externally, completely dent free with a few minor scratches here and there
  2. The interior was dirty but thankfully it wasn't abused, the leather on the gear knob, steering and seats looked fine and in good shape, but it would require a thorough clean-up
  3. The footstep on the left hand side is loose and shakes a bit (about an inch of play), the one on the right is firmly fixed
  4. Drove the car on NH8 for 15 kms, took it upto 120 kmph, the steering was steady and the alignment was fine
  5. Tyres are uniformly worn, but the front ones have marginally more wear
  6. Some oil / diesel leakage in the engine bay, marked using a white arrow (image attached)
  7. I tried engaging the 4x4 mechanism a couple of times, it engaged within seconds. The car felt significantly heavier to drive on 4L, however 4H felt pretty much the same as 2H. (Drove in a straight line for 10-15 feet, didn't even try to turn as that would have damaged the system)

Suggestions / advice / input would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-tatasafaristorme.jpg  

maglev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 18:19   #9813
BHPian

IMO 11L is at least 1 lakh over the fair valuation of that Storme. Unless I am mistaken Tata is not really enjoying a lot of sales success with it. And a 2012 manufactured car is a 2012 manufactured car. Dont be misled by the registration date or the asking price or the current on road price (which in itself is open to negotation). Tata vehicles (including Storme) dont have good resale values. Its good that you are being thorough with your inspection though.

If I were you I would probably look to buy this around 9.5L and in any case wouldnt pay a penny over 10L. A 25k expense (in form of insurance renewal) is awaiting you right around the corner as well.
Cesc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 18:24   #9814
Senior - BHPian

Why dont you consider getting a new one!!

You are obviously willing to spend close to 11L, why not get the festive deals and try for a new one?
Old 9th October 2014, 21:54   #9815
BHPian

Hi all,
Just saw a LC prado posted in t-bhp classifieds for ~4L. Is this the common price for such vehicles? I'm just wondering whether there is a chance for typo, which it is not. I'm just curious to know guys.

Link to the ad

Last edited by kablu : 9th October 2014 at 21:55. Reason: Additional info
kablu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 02:03   #9816
BHPian

Got offered a Toyota Corolla Altis G (D4D) variant, 2011 October, 48k on the Odo, white color. 2nd owner (if I buy it I will be the 3rd) clean car. Minor scratches and a ripped bumper. Tyres look good for another 10k Kms. Insurance has just expired.

Offered to me for 7.5L, your opinions and advice please? Is it worth a buy?
Old 10th October 2014, 07:23   #9817
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post
Got offered a Toyota Corolla Altis G (D4D) variant, 2011 October, 48k on the Odo, white color. 2nd owner (if I buy it I will be the 3rd) clean car. Minor scratches and a ripped bumper. Tyres look good for another 10k Kms. Insurance has just expired.

Offered to me for 7.5L, your opinions and advice please? Is it worth a buy?
Looks like an excellent offer. But why the car has changed hands so often in just three years. Honestly the price is really great. Even the IDV on the insurance policy for 4th year will be more than this. The car would have costed almost 15.5L at time of purchase. I just renewed my car (same month and year and model) and the IDV for 4th year is 8.5L. Go for it if the reason for selling seems genuine.
Old 10th October 2014, 11:52   #9818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kablu View Post
Hi all,
Just saw a LC prado posted in t-bhp classifieds for ~4L. Is this the common price for such vehicles? I'm just wondering whether there is a chance for typo, which it is not. I'm just curious to know guys.

Link to the ad
Land Cruiser for 4L ?!

This definitely seems like a typo. The vehicle seems to be in mint condition at least from the outside and the pictures. But still someone genuinely interested can drop in a query and confirm.
Old 10th October 2014, 18:25   #9819
BHPian

Hey drmohitg.... I was wondering the overheads on the car. How much does an average service cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Looks like an excellent offer. But why the car has changed hands so often in just three years. Honestly the price is really great. Even the IDV on the insurance policy for 4th year will be more than this. The car would have costed almost 15.5L at time of purchase. I just renewed my car (same month and year and model) and the IDV for 4th year is 8.5L. Go for it if the reason for selling seems genuine.
Old 11th October 2014, 11:14   #9820
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post
Hey drmohitg.... I was wondering the overheads on the car. How much does an average service cost?
It is very very reasonable. My car has done 45k kms till now. All the 5 serives till date including 1k, 10k, 20k, 30k and 40k km services have in all costed me Rs 16k approx. On an average a paid service will cost you around 5-7k and the schedule is 10k kms or 1 year.

Do check out if the car has got its brake pads and discs changed. If not you are looking at approx 15k cost for the replacement of the same if you opt for the OEM route. The brake pads are the achilles heal of the altis and people have reported getting them changed at as low as 20k kms. Luckily mine are still going strong at 45k kms and still have quite some bite left. Other than that no problems at all with the car.
Old 11th October 2014, 21:02   #9821
BHPian

We've been using a '08 Corolla (2nd owner, purchased in '10) which has done ~83k km and now there's a itch to upgrade. It is a top end AT model. The car is mechanically fit, has no problems at all. Has a few battle wounds thanks to the Pune traffic. Had installed a sequential CNG kit last year since the running is high (30k done in 1 year after kit installation). Any idea on what I could get for this car? Have got a quote for 3 lacs. Looking to buy a 1-2 year old Cruze/Jetta or a new XUV.
Old 14th October 2014, 13:19   #9822
BHPian

Hi All,

I need some advise. Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

How much should a 2012 Jetta Highline AT with 15,000 KM cost in Bangalore?

Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 15:53   #9823
BHPian

My friend has a Maruti SX4 Vxi in Pune from 2007 which has clocked around 80K kms. It has an additional CNG installation since the last 18 months. Running perfectly fine with minor scratches and bruises, courtesy city driving.

How much can he expect for the vehicle (to sell) ?
Old 14th October 2014, 16:09   #9824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_and_machine View Post
I have a rather off beat request on this thread, I am looking for used car advice but in "UK ". My brother is in UK looking to buy a budget pre-worshiped for the lady in the house. I guess some of you guys have some experience in UK or some of you are/were there, or have a network. If you have a network that you can tap, can you please let me know. He is been running around for a while, but you all know how tough it is to get an honest deal.
Hi There,

It's not as difficult as in India as your brother can check car history online, ask for full dealer service etc. However I would recommend the following two channels for peace of mind:

1. Cargiant has a huge collection of used cars and gives you an option to purchase warranty (albeit for a bit premium)
2. networkQ deals in used Vauxhall and provide fully serviced vehicles with one year warranty.

Of course there are numerous other dealers and direct sellers which your brother can search on autotrader dot co dot uk

Happy hunting!
Old 15th October 2014, 18:19   #9825
Senior - BHPian

Folks, need some advice. Some one known to me is contemplating on buying a used 2012 registered BMW 3 series Sports line. Now, he is not sure if this is the new F30 3-series or the earlier one. He is checking this out at this point.
But if the car is not the F30, what would be the value? The car has been maintained very well and has just clocked 15k and since its sports line what could be the best value for the car?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks