Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2014, 16:33   #9901
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

We have seen a Honda Jazz select 2010, run 35000 kms. Condition is good. Absolutely no work required.The seller is expecting abt 3.5L. My concern is whether this price is right and whether we should go for jazz as my father keeps his cars till it gets beyond repairs. And he doesn't maintain his car too well. Will we have problems finding spares etc for jazz after few years?
Old 4th November 2014, 17:10   #9902
BHPian

This car belongs to a friend of mine and he's looking to sell it. What should be the expected cost?

Car: Maruti Suzuki SX4 VXi
Year: 2007
Kms: 64,000
Owner: First Owner
Installed with after-market CNG (Lovato Closed Loop) since 14 months.

Recently, detailed servicing done with no niggling issues. Tyres are Michelin Energy XM1 run less than 10K. But, good amount of scratches and some dents, courtesy city driving. He never fixed those.

Please help with expected valuation. What is the range that he can look at while selling the car?
Old 4th November 2014, 17:35   #9903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-dent View Post
We have seen a Honda Jazz select 2010, run 35000 kms. Condition is good. Absolutely no work required.The seller is expecting abt 3.5L. My concern is whether this price is right and whether we should go for jazz as my father keeps his cars till it gets beyond repairs. And he doesn't maintain his car too well. Will we have problems finding spares etc for jazz after few years?
Hi.since your dad will keep the car for a longer period of time I don't think the jazz will be worth the buy as this car production is now stopped. Although the new jazz is coming soon you might be able to source the mechanical parts. Swift petrol will be the best option for you.
Old 4th November 2014, 19:14   #9904
Senior - BHPian

Friends, tomorrow I am going to inspect and test drive a used Innova. This is a March-2009, Pune registered, top end, V model (7 seater - captain seats), black in color. It has run just 49K kms, which means under 9K kms a year. It seems this car has been sparsely used. The owner has asked for a price of 8 lacs. What is the minimum offer with which I should start and at what price should I settle? Kindly give me your feedback to make this deal happen.

Responses before 09:00am tomorrow morning shall be highly appreciated.
Old 4th November 2014, 21:46   #9905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Friends, tomorrow I am going to inspect and test drive a used Innova. This is a March-2009, Pune registered, top end, V model (7 seater - captain seats), black in color. It has run just 49K kms, which means under 9K kms a year. It seems this car has been sparsely used. The owner has asked for a price of 8 lacs.
I guess current top end would be around 16-17L on road Pune ? This car is quoting at 50% depreciation to that value which is more or less inline with market for this vehicle. If this vehicle is truly as per your post its a good buy for you (since you've been hunting for an Innova for long I guess ). For the sake of negotiation you can try asking for 7.25L and grab it even at 7.75L IMO. Just imagine - a 49k run Innova @ 8L and there would be many cabbies desparate to take it
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2014, 22:34   #9906
BHPian

Guys,

I have found a 2011 Ford Fiesta Titanium (petrol) model for 4.5 lakh. Only 8300 km run as it was a demo version retired after the facelift Fiesta launch this year.

Good deal?
Old 4th November 2014, 22:53   #9907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
I guess current top end would be around 16-17L on road Pune ? This car is quoting at 50% depreciation to that value which is more or less inline with market for this vehicle. If this vehicle is truly as per your post its a good buy for you (since you've been hunting for an Innova for long I guess ). For the sake of negotiation you can try asking for 7.25L and grab it even at 7.75L IMO. Just imagine - a 49k run Innova @ 8L and there would be many cabbies desparate to take it
Narayan, thank you for your valuable inputs. There is another TBHPian, Shahbaaz, who has suggested me the same thing, you are simply reinforcing his thoughts. I sincerely hope this car turns out to be a genuine, less run and completely accident free one. I will start with 7.25L, try to seal it @ 7.5L and in the worst case stretch it to 7.75L. Incidently the seller happens to be my friend's friend.
Old 5th November 2014, 00:04   #9908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post
Guys,

I have found a 2011 Ford Fiesta Titanium (petrol) model for 4.5 lakh. Only 8300 km run as it was a demo version retired after the facelift Fiesta launch this year.

Good deal?
I would suggest you to stay away from a demo car. These cars are heavily abused by countless number of people including the showroom people themselves. The odo may also be tampered, such practices are very commonly adopted by dealerships.

It would be a better idea to hunt for a Fiesta petrol which is being sold by a private buyer, you will get a better deal and more importantly a better car.
Old 5th November 2014, 02:22   #9909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post
Guys,

Good deal?
Which city? In Bangalore Titanium would cost you some 7.0 - 7.4 L on road. Demo cars can be heavily abused but if you could get your trusted mechanic take a look and confirm it to be in really good condition, why not.

Just make sure that the floor, ceiling, the paint job, the dates on all 5 tyres all are in sync. Try to find out a loop hole and you could bargain on it.
You should be able to find out a used Classic for 10% more money, that I suppose would have been kept rather well. Just try olx and Carwale out for it and compare.
Old 5th November 2014, 14:18   #9910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
For sale:
Car: Tata Safari Dicor 3.0
Model: 2006
Odo: 109,000
Condition: Engine is superb, boot door has rust.

How much can I expect as a good deal?
Any advise on the above? I am planning to sell my Safari very soon.
Old 6th November 2014, 13:40   #9911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Which city? In Bangalore Titanium would cost you some 7.0 - 7.4 L on road. Demo cars can be heavily abused but if you could get your trusted mechanic take a look and confirm it to be in really good condition, why not.

Just make sure that the floor, ceiling, the paint job, the dates on all 5 tyres all are in sync. Try to find out a loop hole and you could bargain on it.
You should be able to find out a used Classic for 10% more money, that I suppose would have been kept rather well. Just try olx and Carwale out for it and compare.
This is for Mumbai... I am planning to take it for a long drive and get it checked by a mechanic before buying it.
Old 7th November 2014, 00:52   #9912
BHPian

I found a Honda City 2008 VTEC plus variant (the one with ABS, Airbags, 4 discs etc) for 2.5L at Hyderabad.
look well maintained and comparatively lesser scratches.
Run : 56780 km
Single owner
All four OE alloys, new tyres
Leather interior

Is it a good buy?
what are the expected service bill in the near future ? I intend to keep the car for 4-5 years.
Old 7th November 2014, 10:08   #9913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepilot View Post
I found a Honda City 2008 VTEC plus variant (the one with ABS, Airbags, 4 discs etc) for 2.5L at Hyderabad.
look well maintained and comparatively lesser scratches.
Run : 56780 km
Single owner
All four OE alloys, new tyres
Leather interior

Is it a good buy?
what are the expected service bill in the near future ? I intend to keep the car for 4-5 years.
Honda spares are costly but that is because the car is from that segment and the spare costs are totally justified. Getting a jap car repaired won't be an issue and 6 yrs old jap is just fine to be kept for another 5 yrs. It won't give you any problems, that is my take on it, given that the car was never abused and maintained with care as advertised. To make sure of this, just take it to the nearest Honda showroom, get everything confirmed and then take an informed decision.
The City has proven to be a reliable workhorse. You will enjoy it to the fullest, more so when it is the top end with all 4 disc to boast about.
Old 7th November 2014, 11:03   #9914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagzrk View Post
This car belongs to a friend of mine and he's looking to sell it. What should be the expected cost?

Car: Maruti Suzuki SX4 VXi
Year: 2007
Kms: 64,000
Owner: First Owner
Installed with after-market CNG (Lovato Closed Loop) since 14 months.

Recently, detailed servicing done with no niggling issues. Tyres are Michelin Energy XM1 run less than 10K. But, good amount of scratches and some dents, courtesy city driving. He never fixed those.

Please help with expected valuation. What is the range that he can look at while selling the car?
Any idea guys? Vehicle is from Pune and he's getting quotes hardly around 1.75 - 1.8 lac which he's not happy with.
Old 7th November 2014, 13:19   #9915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagzrk View Post
Any idea guys? Vehicle is from Pune and he's getting quotes hardly around 1.75 - 1.8 lac which he's not happy with.
SX4 is a solid workhorse. It is a pity that a used Swift costs more than an SX4 in our illogical market. What I suggest is not to sell but to keep it as a second vehicle or to be used by wife, or by parents/siblings.
My parents Baleno is not able to fetch even a lakh and as a result we are moving it to Blr to be used by my wife or later to Chennai to be used by my sister. Anyhow a used Alto costs more than that, so why not just keep it as a second car?
If he really has to shell it out, I suggest putting ads with 8-10 photos on Carwale and Olx.

Regards,
Ashish
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed