Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2013, 21:30   #8401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suneet_ag View Post
Guys, 2010 Superb 1.8TSI with around 11k on the ODO in Bangy. What should be good price to buy?
I'd say 12L tops. Try 10L if possible, dealers quote ridicules prices like 16-18L don't fall for that. Remember it will depreciate by the second.
Old 31st October 2013, 22:07   #8402
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

My friend who is on a lookout for used cars has found a 2004 Zen Steel - The limited edition 2 door model here in Jaipur. Owner is quoting 2.25 lakhs and the car has exchanged hands 3 times with 80k clicks on the odo.
I can understand 2.25 is not realistic so would request the experts to suggest a fair price.
Also is there any pros or cons of owning this special edition?
Old 31st October 2013, 22:40   #8403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
My friend who is on a lookout for used cars has found a 2004 Zen Steel - The limited edition 2 door model here in Jaipur. Owner is quoting 2.25 lakhs and the car has exchanged hands 3 times with 80k clicks on the odo.
I can understand 2.25 is not realistic so would request the experts to suggest a fair price.
2.25 lakhs!! One of the most absurd expectation that I have heard!
I wont be able to give an accurate price, but it will surely be under a lakh. Infact, 3 owners already - quite a lot under a lakh.

As per me, the special edition should fetch even lesser because its certainly not "convenient" as a family car. Depends on the buyer really though - if they think its worth the uniqueness.
anks_at is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2013, 11:31   #8404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by anks_at View Post
2.25 lakhs!! One of the most absurd expectation that I have heard!
I wont be able to give an accurate price, but it will surely be under a lakh. Infact, 3 owners already - quite a lot under a lakh.

As per me, the special edition should fetch even lesser because its certainly not "convenient" as a family car. Depends on the buyer really though - if they think its worth the uniqueness.
Hi @Sherlocked

with @anks_at, Rs.2.25 lacs for a 4th hand car, that too a 9 years old model that was discontinued long ago & even the engine is no longer in use does not makes any sense... it is daylight robbery if you quote this much for the car.

Refer Carwale vaulation for a Zen (VXi ~ equivalent variant):

http://www.carwale.com/used/carvalua...=25956822&vt=1

None would pay more than Rs.80k for even an immaculate piece.

Your friend's call
Old 1st November 2013, 11:40   #8405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suneet_ag View Post
Guys, 2010 Superb 1.8TSI with around 11k on the ODO in Bangy. What should be good price to buy?
Hello SA,
Skoda's are not known for their resale values, more so the luxury ones.
The max value that I see is around 13L.

I'm presuming came with the DSG gearbox. This gearbox is known to have problems. So get it checked thoroughly.

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
My friend who is on a lookout for used cars has found a 2004 Zen Steel - The limited edition 2 door model here in Jaipur. Owner is quoting 2.25 lakhs
Hello S,
2.25L for a nearly 10 year,3 owner,2 door Zen Steel.
Is it made of steel or gold(or should I say onions...)??!!!
0.60 - 0.75L is the MAX that this car is worth.And I seriously doubt that the car has done just 80K's with previous 3 owners. Do check for odo tampering.

Pros - Exclusivity, Fun to drive
Cons - Impractical

Regards,
Varun
Old 1st November 2013, 11:59   #8406
BHPian

Hi,

I came across a 2011 Yeti 4x4 Elegance with about ~15,000kms on the odo for 14.5L. CarWale's Used Car Value Calculator brings it about 9-10L. I honestly do feel 14.5L is overpriced, 9-10L more realistic.

Am I on the right path here?
Old 1st November 2013, 12:09   #8407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantnehru View Post
Hi,

I came across a 2011 Yeti 4x4 Elegance with about ~15,000kms on the odo for 14.5L. CarWale's Used Car Value Calculator brings it about 9-10L. I honestly do feel 14.5L is overpriced, 9-10L more realistic.

I think you are on the right track considering that the car is not doing well in India & a new model might be coming in 2014 Auto Expo ( http://www.business-standard.com/art...2100508_1.html)
Old 1st November 2013, 12:11   #8408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anks_at View Post
I think you are on the right track considering that the car is not doing well in India & a new model might be coming in 2014 Auto Expo ( http://www.business-standard.com/art...2100508_1.html)
Yup, had read about the new Yeti earlier. Will see if the seller is willing to come down such a massive amount - which is doubtful. Thanks though!
Old 1st November 2013, 12:17   #8409
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Hello AN,
I'm not too aware of Skoda prices in Delhi & I might be wrong here, but I feel 9-10L for a Yeti @ 15K odo is a little less.

Agreed that Skoda's are not resale kings but, I feel a fair price should be around 11L, if the condition is good & if it has a full service history.

Regards,
Varun
Old 1st November 2013, 12:22   #8410
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello AN, I'm not too aware of Skoda prices in Delhi & I might be wrong here, but I feel 9-10L for a Yeti @ 15K odo is a little less. Agreed that Skoda's are not resale kings but, I feel a fair price should be around 11L, if the condition is good & if it has a full service history. Regards, Varun

Count yourself lucky if the guy comes to 12.5 lacs.
Old 1st November 2013, 12:23   #8411
BHPian

Quote:
Yup, had read about the new Yeti earlier. Will see if the seller is willing to come down such a massive amount - which is doubtful. Thanks though!
Quote:
I'm not too aware of Skoda prices in Delhi & I might be wrong here, but I feel 9-10L for a Yeti @ 15K odo is a little less.

Agreed that Skoda's are not resale kings but, I feel a fair price should be around 11L, if the condition is good & if it has a full service history.
My reasoning is that in the used car market, the trend matters a lot. I agree if a vehicle is in an immaculate condition its worth more. But as a buyer I would also like to get the best deal. Not shortchanging the seller but if the car/brand has a bad reputation, it sells for less. Many times better things have to be sold cheaper than their true worth.
If you manage it at that price (after educating the seller about the market reality for their car & new model etc), its definitely a good deal!

A price of 10.2 would be around 40% depreciation on 17 lakhs (New Delhi) for 3 years. I would consider that to be quite ok (if the car is well maintained), with the -ve reputation enjoyed by the Brand. If it touches 2014 & a new model is launched too, it should go even lesser. Not that the original car is worth less actually as a new year approaches (logically), but that are the rules of the used car scene.
But looks like others disagree. That is my take on it

Last edited by anks_at : 1st November 2013 at 12:36.
Old 1st November 2013, 12:45   #8412
Senior - BHPian

40% depreciation in 3 years is very much standard for any 10L+ rupee segment.
Skoda yeti would have around 50% depreciation considering it is a FLOP model. Doesnt matter if the car is nice or bad. A FLOP will always command dismal values.

Team-bhpian akshay1234 has bought a year old used Yeti and his thread has approximate buy price details in the same.
dipen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2013, 14:24   #8413
BHPian

Considering this what should be the price for the big 3 Germans, I am looking for a 2009-10, 3series but the Bangalore prices are like from a different planet, not just cars everything here is like that, no wonder nothing really gets sold & businesses here are at their lowest in the used car market.
Old 1st November 2013, 15:03   #8414
BHPian

Thanks Zulfi and Varun. That gives a fair idea on what the price for a 3 yr old Superb TSI should be. Having said that I have seen sellers and dealers quoting obscene amounts on Bangalore. I have seen Tsi quotes in the range of 16 to 18 lacs for a 3 year old example. It is obscene if you ask me.
There is a dealer near my house who is quoting 21.7 for a 2012 diesel superb. Done around 35k kilometers!!!
Old 1st November 2013, 22:34   #8415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
None would pay more than Rs.80k for even an immaculate piece.

Your friend's call
Quote:

0.60 - 0.75L is the MAX that this car is worth.And I seriously doubt that the car has done just 80K's with previous 3 owners. Do check for odo tampering.

Pros - Exclusivity, Fun to drive
Cons - Impractical

Regards,
Varun
Thanks for the responses guys and I agree the price quoted is just ridiculous. The last I heard he was quoting 2.0 lakhs and not a dime less.
Btw, we got to know that the current owner has purchased this car just a month back and apparently the car has some mechanical problem so we have decided to skip this one for good
But couldn't resist to appreciate the guts of the seller to ask this absurd amount of money.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks