Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2013, 12:21   #8296
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello Gypsyfreak,
Around 8.5L is what you can expect if you sell to a dealer & maybe around 9L if you can find an individual.

BTW, what is the quotes that you are getting?

Regards,
Varun
I am not willing to sell it. Just wanted to know the true market value.
Old 22nd October 2013, 19:29   #8297

I know the quote below is from a few days ago, but just curious, any reason the i10 automatic makes an odd used car to buy? I might be missing something, but would appreciate it, if you clarified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
well the question should really be why you should buy it. But then that is another story.
Old 22nd October 2013, 22:51   #8298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotransmit View Post
I know the quote below is from a few days ago, but just curious, any reason the i10 automatic makes an odd used car to buy? I might be missing something, but would appreciate it, if you clarified.
What he means is that the i10 AT is an unexciting drive. But its reliable to the core and serves excellently as a second car for your crowded urban commute where bhp is like money locked into a bank deposit - you might have it , but cant do anything to experience it. And the premium interiors add to the plush feeling. If you have 3-4 lakhs to spare a used i10 AT mskes great sense. Any more, and the Polo Tsi ushers itself into your dreams with a bang !
Old 22nd October 2013, 23:30   #8299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The bhpian I answered lives in the building opposite mine. He has a Punto and I am surprised he is going for a Hyundai. Other than that its just banter. Personally speaking I find the i10 very boring. But then I don't have the budget for a new car at the moment. If I did, it won't be a Hyundai
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2013, 11:36   #8300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The bhpian I answered lives in the building opposite mine. He has a Punto and I am surprised he is going for a Hyundai. Other than that its just banter. Personally speaking I find the i10 very boring. But then I don't have the budget for a new car at the moment. If I did, it won't be a Hyundai
Quote:
i10 would be serving my wife and handling is the last part she is interested in . I personally stick to cars which behave maturely in handling dept and has good safety measures. The i10 would be used for 6 KM daily run in a congested area. I am least bothered about FE as it scores big time on convenience.

BTW the i10 I was looking for is sold now. I did not get a chance to look at the car since the onwer sold it on weekend and did not bother to let me know. I guess it went to a dealer.
Old 23rd October 2013, 11:55   #8301
Senior - BHPian

Just FYI.

Sold my 2004 manufactured Hyundai Santro Xing XG run 58000 kms with a CNG kit in "Good" cosmetic and mechanical condition for 1.20L (without insurance).
Old 23rd October 2013, 15:36   #8302

Thanks much selfdrive, JishD and neoonwheels!

And I agree the i10 isn't exciting. In fact, that is the reason I stayed away from it all these days even as I am actively shopping for a used automatic car. There seem to be a disproportionate number of i10s within the 5 Lakh budget at low miles and age. I wonder what makes all these owners sell it off so early: is it just that i10s get sold more and statistics lead to more of them on market, or if there are any deal-breakers with it. Thus my curiosity at selfdrive's observation.

Any thoughts why there are so many of them, anyone?

Thanks in advance!

Quote:
Old 23rd October 2013, 22:44   #8303
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks much selfdrive, JishD and neoonwheels!

And I agree the i10 isn't exciting. In fact, that is the reason I stayed away from it all these days even as I am actively shopping for a used automatic car. There seem to be a disproportionate number of i10s within the 5 Lakh budget at low miles and age. I wonder what makes all these owners sell it off so early: is it just that i10s get sold more and statistics lead to more of them on market, or if there are any deal-breakers with it. Thus my curiosity at selfdrive's observation.

Any thoughts why there are so many of them, anyone?

Thanks in advance!
I am using an i10 automatic for a year now & dont see any specific problem with it that would lead me to sell it off. While the earlier Santro automatic was more fun & value for money, I dont see any big issue with the i10.
People might be selling them off before the price collapses further maybe because of the soon to be launched Grand i10 automatic. Guessing...
anks_at is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2013, 22:55   #8304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello R4U,
6L for a fully loaded ZDi, that too run just 10K's is too good. But as the saying goes "When it's too good to be true,it probably is false!!"
So just to be sure, check out the full service history as well as for insurance claims. The tires should be as good as new.

If everything is in order, then don't miss this car. I am an owner of a Sept 2011 SX4 ZDi. It's an amazing no- nonsense machine. It may lack some features that are available in other cars, but if you can live with that, it will put a in your face!!

Just to sweeten the deal, see if you cam close the deal at around 5.5-5.75L.

Regards,
Varun
This car got sold off before I could read your reply,The vehicle was perfect,all documents,insurance everything.I lost a good deal this time

Last edited by richie4u : 23rd October 2013 at 22:56.
Old 24th October 2013, 06:28   #8305
Senior - BHPian

What is a good price for a second owner 2001 Accent that has done nearly a lakh kms? The owner has recently had a lot of work done on the car, that amounted to more than 60k. Minor cosmetic accident damage from two accidents is what I know of. A friend is negotiating, while the owner wants 1.5L. This is a Bangalore registered car.
Old 24th October 2013, 08:18   #8306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
What is a good price for a second owner 2001 Accent that has done nearly a lakh kms? The owner has recently had a lot of work done on the car, that amounted to more than 60k. Minor cosmetic accident damage from two accidents is what I know of. A friend is negotiating, while the owner wants 1.5L. This is a Bangalore registered car.
Not a dime more than 80-90K.
1.5L for a 12 years old accent is daylight robbery.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 08:43   #8307
BHPian

My friend is selling his 2012 Scorpio VLX AT (airbags) BS-IV, white color, HR26 registration and done 25000 km on the odo. What is the fair price for this car please?
Old 24th October 2013, 09:39   #8308
BHPian

What would be a good price for May 2010 i20 Magna Petrol with 40K on the ODO ?
Car is accident free and in very good condition. Serviced only at authorized A.S.S.
Old 24th October 2013, 11:09   #8309
BHPian

Hi,

I am looking to change my car. Am primarily looking at the new Vento, but also taking a segment higher into consideration. What price range would a used automatic Laura/Jetta car in Bombay which is not more than 2 yrs old? Also, provide contact details if you know anyone who has the same up for sale. Automatic is a must btw.

Apurva
Old 24th October 2013, 11:27   #8310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post
My friend is selling his 2012 Scorpio VLX AT (airbags) BS-IV, white color, HR26 registration and done 25000 km on the odo. What is the fair price for this car please?
Hello Duke,
A new Scorpio AT OTR price in 2012 should be around 13.5L. As a car loses around max value in the first 18 months(around 20-25%), my guess is that it should fetch around 9.75-10.25L in Delhi.
I may be wrong here.

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
What would be a good price for May 2010 i20 Magna Petrol with 40K on the ODO ?
Hello AT,
I believe a fair price for the i20 will be around 3-3.25L if sold to a dealer & around 3.5L if you can find an individual buyer.

Regards,
Varun

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks