Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2013, 22:26   #8191
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Even 4L is good price. If car is in good condition then negotiate and close the deal.
ok... thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
First I thought its a petrol car so was going to say it's over priced. Read later that it's mjd.

I think 4 lacs is a decent price if the car is in good condition, considering high taxes in Bangalore. Similar cars would go for 3.5-3.8 here in Mumbai. Still try to negotiate slightly.
Emotion comes with alloys? What's the difference between Emotion and Emotion pk?
Thanks!

He agreed to negotiate coz dealers are supposedly quoting 3L. Even the service center guy told me not to go much beyond 3. Hence the doubt.

The age really does kindof show in the interiors. 3M treatment will be necessary.

The 2009 version Emotion does NOT have Airbags, Alloys, Blue&Me & Steering Controls.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 27th September 2013 at 22:29.
Old 28th September 2013, 21:54   #8192
BHPian

Hi.
I plan to upgrade and intend to trade in my SX4 ZXI Petrol 2007 model.

Mileage: 125,000 Kms

Registered in Haryana, NCR

What is a reasonable price to expect.
Old 29th September 2013, 09:01   #8193

I am planning to buy my first car (a used one) and my budget is around Rs.1.5 Lakh. Can anyone suggest me a good car in this range.

And also I am heavily attracted towards Honda Civic,and for this car I can stretch my budget to 4-4.5 lakh, but I am genuinely scared that maintaining such a car will burn a big hole in my pocket.

For the 1.5 lakh car, my plan is to use it for max 2 years and then scrap it. If i surrender to my feelings and go for a civic, I am planning to use it for at least 5 years. So thats another concern whether the spares will be available after 3-4 years.

Please suggest me, which one should I go for. And it will be helpful if anyone can throw some light on Civic's maintenance cost.
Old 29th September 2013, 11:11   #8194
BHPian

Could you please suggest the reasonable price that I should pay for a 2011 Hyundai Verna 1.6 CRDI SX (Option) done 21000 km (white color - comes with 6 airbags). New one costs 13 lakhs on road.

Thanks!
Old 29th September 2013, 12:25   #8195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
Could you please suggest the reasonable price that I should pay for a 2011 Hyundai Verna 1.6 CRDI SX (Option) done 21000 km (white color - comes with 6 airbags). New one costs 13 lakhs on road.
8.8 to 9 Lakhs is a reasonable price considering car is in good condition.
Old 29th September 2013, 12:33   #8196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsampath View Post
I am planning to buy my first car (a used one) and my budget is around Rs.1.5 Lakh. Can anyone suggest me a good car in this range.

And also I am heavily attracted towards Honda Civic,and for this car I can stretch my budget to 4-4.5 lakh, but I am genuinely scared that maintaining such a car will burn a big hole in my pocket.

For the 1.5 lakh car, my plan is to use it for max 2 years and then scrap it. If i surrender to my feelings and go for a civic, I am planning to use it for at least 5 years. So thats another concern whether the spares will be available after 3-4 years.

Please suggest me, which one should I go for. And it will be helpful if anyone can throw some light on Civic's maintenance cost.

I am not aware about the Civic's maintenance costs but surely it would not be recurring. But for one, civic has as been discontinued as far as I know. And they are just selling the current stock. The parts might get a little bit difficult to procure, lets say in 5 years.

For the 1.5 lakh car, I would suggest you to look for a good condition i10 or any other 50K run hatchback. In two years it would push to 80K-100K run which is good to scrap a hatchback!

Thanks.
devilwearsprada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2013, 12:41   #8197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to buy my first car (a used one) and my budget is around Rs.1.5 Lakh. Can anyone suggest me a good car in this range. And also I am heavily attracted towards Honda Civic,and for this car I can stretch my budget to 4-4.5 lakh, but I am genuinely scared that maintaining such a car will burn a big hole in my pocket. For the 1.5 lakh car, my plan is to use it for max 2 years and then scrap it. If i surrender to my feelings and go for a civic, I am planning to use it for at least 5 years. So thats another concern whether the spares will be available after 3-4 years. Please suggest me, which one should I go for. And it will be helpful if anyone can throw some light on Civic's maintenance cost.
You should be able to get a Tata Safari in this price range. The older TCIC ones
TheARUN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2013, 14:41   #8198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleton View Post
Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXI, 2010 Model, single owner (Company to Person transferred-2 owners on paper), 13K kms run - Car look super clean and nice, final price after negotiation is 3.65lks.

Is this a fair price to pay for a Ford petrol car in Bangalore?
Update: Finally closed this deal for 3.65lks.
singleton is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2013, 15:07   #8199
BHPian

Quote:
Look for a 5-6 year old Santro / Wagon R. Get used to car ownership and maintainance, then upgrade as per your original plan.

I wouldn't recommend a used Civic as a first car. It definitely will be more expensive to maintain. You haven't listed out any of your priorities. Monthly mileage, city/highway usage, number of people intended to ferry... If the Civic is just a whim, maybe it can wait. My 2 cents!
Geo_Ipe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 10:25   #8200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
What should i get for the following

Model: Tata Sumo Grande GX - Top End model
Hi driving_smartly, was wondering if the Grande is still available?

I am looking for a weekend ride with 7 seats, do let me know if it is still available.

Last edited by mobike008 : 30th September 2013 at 13:53. Reason: Please dont quote entire post for a short reply. Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 12:50   #8201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_lowrider View Post
Hi driving_smartly, was wondering if the Grande is still available?

I am looking for a weekend ride with 7 seats, do let me know if it is still available.
Yes the vehicle is still available
Old 30th September 2013, 12:58   #8202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to buy my first car (a used one) and my budget is around Rs.1.5 Lakh. Can anyone suggest me a good car in this range.And also I am heavily attracted towards Honda Civic,and for this car I can stretch my budget to 4-4.5 lakh,
Hello,

For Rs. 4 - 4.5 lacs, you will most probably get a 2007 Civic.

Frankly speaking this being your first car, I will not suggest to go for a 6 / 7 years old used Civic.

I will definitely suggest o stick to your budget of Rs. 1.5 lacs & look for a used Maruti WagonR or Hyundai Santro. These will be a great cars to keep for next two years & then plan for a bigger car.

Thanks,
Old 30th September 2013, 15:44   #8203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Even 4L is good price. If car is in good condition then negotiate and close the deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
ok... thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
First I thought its a petrol car so was going to say it's over priced. Read later that it's mjd. I think 4 lacs is a decent price if the car is in good condition, considering high taxes in Bangalore. Similar cars would go for 3.5-3.8 here in Mumbai. Still try to negotiate slightly. Emotion comes with alloys? What's the difference between Emotion and Emotion pk?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Thanks! He agreed to negotiate coz dealers are supposedly quoting 3L. Even the service center guy told me not to go much beyond 3. Hence the doubt. The age really does kindof show in the interiors. 3M treatment will be necessary. The 2009 version Emotion does NOT have Airbags, Alloys, Blue&Me & Steering Controls.
Update : I bought it for 3.75L. Gave him the cheque, got the sign on Sale Receipt, Form 29 & 30. Delivery will be on realisation of cheque.
Old 1st October 2013, 03:17   #8204

Hello,
How much should be the good price for Jan 2009 bought Honda City 1.5S MT?
Done little over 90k kms, and car has been serviced regularly at service intervals at Linkway Honda service centre. No mechanical issues. Brake pads and battery has been replaced a while back.
Old 1st October 2013, 05:40   #8205
BHPian

Trying to sell swift vxi don't 12k kms in 22 months. Nov 2011 model, new shape with OE alloys and 15 inches MRF zlo there's. Kenwood x994 HU with Bluetooth connectivity. What price should I quote or what price can I expect if I sell it to a dealer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks