Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2013, 18:45   #8236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
Hi,

Is it possible to sell a KA registered car in Mumbai?
I brought the car from bangalore as my brother had relocated from bangalore.
Should I try selling it here or take it back to bangalore and then sell?
Take it back to Bangalore. You will get a much better price for it.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2013, 18:54   #8237
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

There are dealers who will buy KA or outstation cars in Mumbai. But the quotes will be very low. KA being more expensive state in terms of taxes, it is better you try to sell it there. Road-trip is a good option. Transportation can be in the range of 14-18k for a hatch. But you will have to scout around. Such trucks/trailors are usually shared, so a wait is required for the transporter to get another vehicle to be transported.
dipen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 10:34   #8238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
There are dealers who will buy KA or outstation cars in Mumbai. But the quotes will be very low. KA being more expensive state in terms of taxes, it is better you try to sell it there. Road-trip is a good option. Transportation can be in the range of 14-18k for a hatch. But you will have to scout around. Such trucks/trailors are usually shared, so a wait is required for the transporter to get another vehicle to be transported.
Thanks a lot,
I plan to drive down only.
Had driven it to Mumbai earlier
Old 10th October 2013, 10:58   #8239
Senior - BHPian

I am looking for a used car in Cochin (Kerela) with a budget of 4.5 to 5.5 Lacs. My requirements are:

1) Should be a 7 seater utility vehicle
2) Should have good ground clearance since it will go into remote areas where roads are yet to be built (4x4 not necessary!)
3) The car will be sparingly used, so FE is not a concern, but it should preferably be a diesel
4) The car should be fairly reliable
5) Finally, the car should be capable of abuse!

Which UV should I be looking at? I am not interested in the Sumo and Bolero since they are too basic as a family vehicle. I have the Xylo in mind. I am not considering the Scorpio as I feel it's resale value is high and hence I won't get a good car in that budget. Ditto for the Innova. Safari has a poor resale, but reliability is a question mark...

Also, cochin guys - can you help me with some good used car dealers or websites which will help me with the search?
Old 10th October 2013, 11:52   #8240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
I am looking for a used car in Cochin (Kerela) with a budget of 4.5 to 5.5 Lacs. My requirements are:

I have the Xylo in mind.

Also, cochin guys - can you help me with some good used car dealers or websites which will help me with the search?
I think you already have the answer raj. Very recently ony my friend's brother sold a 2009 E8 with <50K KMs at 5.75L, the vehicle was very well maintained. Sad that I couldnot pass it to a BHPians hands.

Many Xylos in used market are yellow boards here or ran over 100K KMs. I think its worth checking with TVS guys itself, they would have some leads. Shall keep posted incase I come across one.

Edit : Please look for a second generation only, there are first generation (exotic green, lilac colors) up for sale in lower budget but heard they have many niggles compared to the second gen.

Last edited by jacs : 10th October 2013 at 11:54.
jacs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 22:10   #8241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Edit : Please look for a second generation only, there are first generation (exotic green, lilac colors) up for sale in lower budget but heard they have many niggles compared to the second gen.
By second generation, do you mean the facelifted Xylo?
Old 11th October 2013, 12:42   #8242
BHPian

Hey guys my search for an enthusiast's car under 6 begins again. Firstly just wanted to clarify something, I just sold my October 2006 swift vxi 45k on the odo for 2.5L. I hope I didn't rip myself off?
Coming back to the main topic, this car is for dad and he doesn't drive much but he likes a driver oriented car. Sometimes he has his school boy moments. So which cars would you guys suggest?
We prefer a sedan over a hatchback and we wouldn't mind buying a SUV simply because we don't have one.
Petrols only, because running is very low rather limited. If it's a SUV then diesel.
I have so far looked at a few cars:
Civic - good ones are above 6L with low Kms on the odo. I m sure upon negotiation the price will come in this bracket.
Accord - it's a friends' car, 41k on the odo and asking price is well within this bracket. (2011 model, sweet isn't?)
BMW 523i e39 - it's an old girl, 1998, pretty good condition, 2nd owner, 70k on the odo, it needs external refurb plastics are out of shape and on board computer needs a checkup. It has a couple of error messages, abs and airbags light is on, the car shows max temp at start up and after about 10 Kms the temp comes back to normal. Engine sounds good and has a complete 6 year service history. Owner says I don't need to worry about the messages. Do you think I should splurge on one? I feel after restoration it will be great and I am assuming cost of the car + restoration should be around 6 lakhs as well.

Please suggest any other car that I should look at.

Thanks
Old 11th October 2013, 16:44   #8243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13thpsycho View Post
I just sold my October 2006 swift vxi 45k on the odo for 2.5L. I hope I didn't rip myself off?
Accord - it's a friends' car, 41k on the odo and asking price is well within this bracket. (2011 model, sweet isn't?)
Hello,

Rs. 2.5 lacs for 2006 Maruti Swift Vxi is really good deal.

Regarding buying a car for your father, I will strongly suggest to go for your friends 2011 Accord with 41,000 kms on ODO. Hope the car is well maintained & it is much better to buy a used car from a known source.

Thanks,
Old 11th October 2013, 16:57   #8244
BHPian

What can I expect for a 2006 Indigo LX which has done 73000Kms and is in good condition?

The car has new tyres, alloys, central locking with an engine immobiliser and a 4 speaker CD player setup.
Old 11th October 2013, 17:05   #8245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel385 View Post
What can I expect for a 2006 Indigo LX which has done 73000Kms and is in good condition? The car has new tyres, alloys, central locking with an engine immobiliser and a 4 speaker CD player setup.
Hello,

You cna expect approx Rs. 1.75 lacs for your 2006 Tata Indogo Lx with 73,000 kms on ODO.

Just a suggestion - if the car is in good condition, you may choose to use for next couple of years.

Thanks,
Old 11th October 2013, 17:15   #8246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Just a suggestion - if the car is in good condition, you may choose to use for next couple of years.
Thanks,
Thanks a lot Jignesh.

As far as keeping the car goes, process already underway to get a new bigger car. Brought the Indigo when it was only me and wifey. Now with two young brats, the paraphernalia required to be carried in long drives is the reason for me going for a bigger ride.
neel385 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2013, 22:19   #8247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Regarding buying a car for your father, I will strongly suggest to go for your friends 2011 Accord with 41,000 kms on ODO. Hope the car is well maintained & it is much better to buy a used car from a known source. Thanks,
The car is in good shape. No dents or scratches. Engine not revved over 100 ( that's for me to do so). It's got a service record everything is all good. But I have committed this car to another friend and don't wanna own it with a guilty conscience so that's why the search is on. Thanks

Could you guys please help me with the actual pricing of a used civic 1-2 years old less than 20k on the odo. Should I broaden my search for other cars/SUVs?
Old 12th October 2013, 23:04   #8248
BHPian

Posting this on behalf of a friend who's being offered a 12 year old matiz(petrol) for 45k. Owner is well known and the car has been treated well. It has run 50k kms so far. What do you guys think ? Should he go for it? Any other suggestions with regard to what car to buy in a less than 55k budget?
Thanks in advance.
Old 12th October 2013, 23:30   #8249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 275BHP View Post
Any other suggestions with regard to what car to buy in a less than 55k budget?
Maruti 800 - easy to maintain and repair, parts easily available. Mine lasted for over 6L Kms. Close your eyes and go for it.
Esteem and zen should be the other options. My zen had some electrical issues but overall a joy to drive. You could get n number of esteems as well. I think your friend should stick to Marutis because of reliability and hassle free ownership.

Matiz would require some running around to find the spares. Although a sweet handler. I wouldn't suggest you to go for one just a personal opinion.
13thpsycho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2013, 16:43   #8250
Senior - BHPian

Guys looking to buy a car in the 1.5-2 lakh range. The car will be used for round the block travel mostly and for short intra city travel.

I'm looking at a used Alto or if possible a Santro, since the Santro will be more comfortable for the elderly at home. How much do you think I should offer for a 2009 Santro ?

There's a Santro GL on-sale in our classifieds with 23k on the odo and a 2009 GLS with 62k I found on carwale. The quoted price is 2.5 lakhs for both. Any scope for negotiations ?

Also, should I consider the Estilo or any other car ? Estilo fits perfectly in my budget, whereas the Santro will need 30-40k more.

Our classifieds:
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...i/Santro.html/

Carwale
http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-...oxing-S424786/

Last edited by shashank.nk : 13th October 2013 at 16:44.

Most Viewed