Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2013, 19:43   #8131
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

I am a getting a 2006 Civic S AT 1st owner for 3.3 L , Gurgaon Regd. Good price?
Condition is good IMO,have complete service record, 78k on the ODO. 60% NCB on the insurance.Will be taking a mechanic tomorrow for inspection,what all things to look for and anything special being an automatic.
What all things should i be considering while purchasing it.I also want to know" do we feel when the gear changes in automatics,like when we accelerate/the car downshifts,it is meant to be felt right.? Took a TD , everything else felt right.
If possible,Should i take the car to a HASS and ask them if something is wrong?
I am a bit skeptical,this being my first AT.Also how much FE can i expect - (My driving style gives gives 12 in the city & 15-17 highways - Swift non K series)

Last edited by k2max6 : 19th September 2013 at 19:48.
Old 20th September 2013, 11:21   #8132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
I am a getting a 2006 Civic S AT 1st owner for 3.3 L , Gurgaon Regd. Good price?
Condition is good IMO,have complete service record, 78k on the ODO. 60% NCB on the insurance.Will be taking a mechanic tomorrow for inspection,what all things to look for and anything special being an automatic.
What all things should i be considering while purchasing it.I also want to know" do we feel when the gear changes in automatics,like when we accelerate/the car downshifts,it is meant to be felt right.? Took a TD , everything else felt right.
If possible,Should i take the car to a HASS and ask them if something is wrong?
I am a bit skeptical,this being my first AT.Also how much FE can i expect - (My driving style gives gives 12 in the city & 15-17 highways - Swift non K series)
I haven't seen any civic for less than 4L mark in the used market, seems to be a good deal. Even if the owner says he has the complete service history, it is better if you go to the authorized service center and have a look at the complete history of the car.
Old 20th September 2013, 11:28   #8133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
We wish to sell our Swift Lxi (2008 model) which has done 45,000 kms. It is HR 26 (Gurgaon) registered and we live in South Delhi which is where we are trying to sell it.

The tyres were changed at 40k and now its equipped with Michelin's XM1+ 185/70 R14.

What should be a decent asking price for it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
The interiors are top notch however the exterior right side is completely repainted and there are small dents in the rear fender so from outside one would say the condition is decent (not too good but definitely not the typical delhi car with dents / scratches all over).

I'll put forward 2.0 L as my asking price, lets see where we settle. I think we shouldn't have gotten these expensive tyres just 5k kms back. They cost us 4.5k per tyre but rarely one would appreciate new fat Michelin's against the stock 165 JKs.
Wanted to update all and those who helped with setting the right price. We were able to sell our 2008 Swift Lxi for 2,00,000/-

The gentleman who took it had test-driven and seen almost 20 other 2008 manufactured swifts but found ours in the best condition so far (I guess I underestimated the condition of our car).
Old 20th September 2013, 12:10   #8134
BHPian

Hi,

I picked up a Apr 2012 Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI Ambiente for 9 lacs in Bangalore. The car has done 24000 kms and seems to be in a good condition. I will post an ownership review shortly.
Old 20th September 2013, 15:13   #8135
kkg
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

I am getting a April 2009 Ford ikon TDCI with full service history for 1.8 lacs. But the thing is it has already done 1.05 lacs kms. Plus it would need new tyres soon. Other than that the car is in very good condition.

I have always dreamt of owing a Ikon (so I am aware of its cons) and this one falls in my budget but the main concern is the engine life of the TDCI unit. Can any one tell me how long can this motor last. One more thing that I understand is that any dealer would pick this car, reset the meter to 60-65000kms and no one would even doubt. Is it worth it going for this car?
Old 20th September 2013, 16:20   #8136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
Hello,

Rs. 3.3 lacs for 2006 Cisic S AT is a really a good price. Just take the car to HASS once to get yourself assured about the car's status.

Regarding mileage, you can expect figures of less than 10 kmpl in city driving coonditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post
I am getting a April 2009 Ford ikon TDCI with full service history for 1.8 lacs. But the thing is it has already done 1.05 lacs kms. Plus it would need new tyres soon. Other than that the car is in very good condition.I have always dreamt of owing a Ikon (so I am aware of its cons)
Hello KKG,

Rs. 1.8 lacs for 2009 Ford Ikon TDCI is indeed a good price. I will simply suggest to go for this car & do not worry about engine life. Modern Diesel engines are built to last long. We have all seen private taxis in Bangalore & other cities that have crossed 1,50,000 kms & still going strong.

Since you are already aware about Ford Ikon cons, I need not mention them here.

Thanks,
Old 20th September 2013, 16:26   #8137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am getting a April 2009 Ford ikon TDCI with full service history for 1.8 lacs. But the thing is it has already done 1.05 lacs kms. Plus it would need new tyres soon. Other than that the car is in very good condition.

I have always dreamt of owing a Ikon (so I am aware of its cons) and this one falls in my budget but the main concern is the engine life of the TDCI unit. Can any one tell me how long can this motor last. One more thing that I understand is that any dealer would pick this car, reset the meter to 60-65000kms and no one would even doubt. Is it worth it going for this car?
As you the that the current condition is very good, it is worth the price. Ask the dealer/seller to get a service at Ford ASS. That should also help you identify any expenses requried and you can negotiate further if required. if the deal fails, just pay for the basic service cost and walk (thats the max you will lose). At the price of 1.8, it leaves you enough room for unknown expenses in the future.
Old 20th September 2013, 17:26   #8138
BHPian

I'm looking for a Honda Jazz top end model in Bangalore only. I know that a new Jazz is on its way to India in 2014. 2012 top-end model in different online used car websites are quoting 6L above. Should i wait for 2014 Jazz so and will the prices of old Jazz come down with new one is launched?

Thanks,
Ramki
Old 20th September 2013, 20:45   #8139
Distinguished - BHPian

Am on the lookout for a Honda City Automatic. Saw a few options listed in various sites. Contacted one and got a response. Call was from a in between re seller called 'Cauvery Cars' -Hebbal, Bangalore. Anyone has had a prior experience with them?

The car as per what he said is a 2010 Feb Model V AT and run only 20,000KM. Asking price is 7.25 Lakh (I have not attempted to negotiate yet). How is this deal?
Old 20th September 2013, 22:04   #8140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Am on the lookout for a Honda City Automatic. Saw a few options listed in various sites. Contacted one and got a response. Call was from a in between re seller called 'Cauvery Cars' -Hebbal, Bangalore. Anyone has had a prior experience with them?

The car as per what he said is a 2010 Feb Model V AT and run only 20,000KM. Asking price is 7.25 Lakh (I have not attempted to negotiate yet). How is this deal?
Please take extreme caution before investing in auto transmission cars from used market. I burnt my fingers, Infact 6.4lacs buying a 2009 Honda civic AT model that had run about 30k kms. I did all the checks possible before buying and the car did well for about 2 months before the infamous 'D Mode blinking' issue surfaced. I got it repaired and it again ran well for about 3 months, issue resurfaced. Finally, I sold the car to Honda assure for about 4 lacs since car was out of warranty, and autobox repair cost was shown as 3 lacs fir full replacement!!! ... That's almost 2.4 lacs loss in 8 months.
The 'D mode blinking' issue is quite famous and you can search the net for details.
Better off to buy a brand new when going for autobox since you get warranty to take care of such lemons.
harishpr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2013, 22:19   #8141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
Please take extreme caution before investing in auto transmission cars from used market. I burnt my fingers, Infact 6.4lacs buying a 2009 Honda civic AT model that had run about 30k kms. I did all the checks possible before buying and the car did well for about 2 months before the infamous 'D Mode blinking' issue surfaced. I got it repaired and it again ran well for about 3 months, issue resurfaced. Finally, I sold the car to Honda assure for about 4 lacs since car was out of warranty, and autobox repair cost was shown as 3 lacs fir full replacement!!! ... That's almost 2.4 lacs loss in 8 months.
The 'D mode blinking' issue is quite famous and you can search the net for details.
Better off to buy a brand new when going for autobox since you get warranty to take care of such lemons.
What is D mode blinking? Never heard of or seen one. Would you explain please?
Old 20th September 2013, 22:40   #8142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post

What is D mode blinking? Never heard of or seen one. Would you explain please?
D mode blinking issue is nothing but the gearbox problem. While driving in automode, the D light will start blinking which results in gear changes abruptly, example :from 5th gear to 3rd, or 2nd to 4th with huge jerk. My vehicle refused to reverse though I engage in reverse mode. Imagine that you are in dense traffic, and negotiating a U turn, and car won't reverse!!! I literally had to push back getting down. Google and find more trouble this issue can give.
Old 20th September 2013, 22:43   #8143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
I'm looking for a Honda Jazz top end model in Bangalore only. I know that a new Jazz is on its way to India in 2014. 2012 top-end model in different online used car websites are quoting 6L above. Should i wait for 2014 Jazz so and will the prices of old Jazz come down with new one is launched?

Thanks,
Ramki
Hi,I recommend you to either wait for the new Jazz or you can have a look at some other car at that price point. Jazz was sold in the market only for a brief period before being discontinued, so you can not expect good resale value in the future and parts availability might become a issue in the future since the new Jazz doesn't share much with the discontinued one.
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2013, 05:38   #8144
Senior - BHPian

How much would be the price of a Chevrolet Spark LT (non OP), 2008 Sept registered, Black colour. Well maintained, with new struts all round, 165 section Yoko A-drives (nearly new) on all 5 rims, normal scratches from Blr traffic. Run 79300kms. Need a quick update, cos a friend needs to decide by Monday. The car is in Bangalore, registered in KA-03.

Thanks!
Old 21st September 2013, 21:22   #8145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
How much would be the price of a Chevrolet Spark LT (non OP), 2008 Sept registered, Black colour. Well maintained, with new struts all round, 165 section Yoko A-drives (nearly new) on all 5 rims, normal scratches from Blr traffic. Run 79300kms. Need a quick update, cos a friend needs to decide by Monday. The car is in Bangalore, registered in KA-03.

Thanks!
Your friend can expect anything from 1.5 to 1.70 L for his spark, one more thing to add is that car might fetch slightly lower value due to its color(this is just an observation which I have made in used car market).
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks