Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2013, 12:36   #8086
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
How much should I pay for a well maintained November 2010 Civic V A/T which has run 25k kms in Mumbai?
Hello Raj,

Rs. 7 - 7.25 lacs will be a good price for November 2010 Honda Civic V AT with 25,000 kms on ODO.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 12:40   #8087
BHPian

Guys,

What should be the price of 2005 Ikon done 50k on odo?

Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 13:02   #8088
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolis View Post
What should be the price of 2005 Ikon done 50k on odo?
Hello Metropolis,

You have not mentioned the Variant of the car.

But in general you can expect Rs. 1 lac for 2005 Ford Ikon with 50,000 kms on ODO.

Thanks,
Old 12th September 2013, 13:33   #8089
Senior - BHPian

Guys
a friend has seen a 2007 Honda Civic 1.8S run 40k and in good condition. Service records checked to verify mileage and condition of vehicle is good. 2 owners in paper - first by a company and then after the end of lease period, its transferred to the employee's name.

what is a good price to quote. I was thinking more like 3.5-3.6L
Old 12th September 2013, 13:43   #8090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Metropolis,

You have not mentioned the Variant of the car.

But in general you can expect Rs. 1 lac for 2005 Ford Ikon with 50,000 kms on ODO.

Thanks,

Thanks Jignesh

its 1.3 Flair, condition - good

Should i offer 85k?
Old 12th September 2013, 14:09   #8091
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolis View Post
its 1.3 Flair, condition - good. Should i offer 85k?
Yes. Start to negotiate with Rs. 85,000 & try to close the deal for anything less than Rs. 95,000

Thanks,
Old 12th September 2013, 14:53   #8092

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
Irrespective of which brand, I would stay away from a 90k run vehicle anyday. If your friend plans to use it for long time, I meant more than 4 years, then it may not be wise.
Buying cars like X-trial, pajero, montero or similar ones, in used car market is a big gamble. And 6lacs is a big amount to gamble with. Plus the unknown cost of maintenence.

I would rather pick a 4x4 Scorpio which fits all 4 requirements of your friend and may get a low run one as well. Though Scorpio isn't in the same class,...
Yes I know 90k on a car is pretty high to be bought secondhand but I see so many Jap Diesel cars lasting 200k kms pretty easily be it pajero, Fortunner even Innova hence the ask. Will X-trial be any different apart from high maintenance because of scarce service options?

My friend has searched for 4x4 Scorpios also but since their resale value is quite high we end up with the same 80k -90k run models in his budget. And the things i mentioned were only available in top VLX variant only so...

Please suggest. Thanks in Advance.
Old 12th September 2013, 20:28   #8093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johninflamez View Post
Yes I know 90k on a car is pretty high to be bought secondhand but I see so many Jap Diesel cars lasting 200k kms pretty easily be it pajero, Fortunner even Innova hence the ask.
Please suggest. Thanks in Advance.
I don't know about the X-Trail in particular but I know that lot many diesels available in the pre-owned market are about the 1 Lakh km range and there are many on T-BHP who have purchased 2nd hand Diesel Skoda's, Hyundai's, Maruti's around the same mark.
Most diesel owners do about 20k kms a year and hence buy diesels, so in 5 years it could do about 100 k kms.
What I would suggest is please please check the service history record and if there isn't any confusions created by this and also if it fulfills T-BHP guidelines for purchasing pre-owned, you can consider it.
In another thread I noticed that many here suggested a pre-owned Fortuner against a new Safari, so if you can get the car condition confirmed, it should be a good buy as Jap diesels are pretty reliable.
I have seen people buying Qualis/ Innova even after it has done 300 k kms.
Old 13th September 2013, 09:44   #8094
CPJ
BHPian

Hi all,
I'm planning to sell our Maruti Suzuki Estilo Lxi (K Series Engine) model with following details:
1. Sep 2010 Registered.
2. 40,000 Km on Odo.
3. On paper 2nd owner as the vehicle was transferred from company's name to my fathers name but the vehicle is with us from day one.
4. Mumbai (MH 01) registered.
5. The vehicle is maintained properly, no accidents, with new tyres which have run 5000 km.

What resale value should I expect in Pune?
Thanks.
Old 13th September 2013, 16:57   #8095

Hi Friends,

I am planning to sell my old Indica V2 DLS, 2001 model, done 1.37k, single owner, in good condition, quite a few minor dents everywhere, battery 1 year old, tyres have done app 50000 kms, Pune Regd.

What price should I expect for it??
Old 13th September 2013, 18:49   #8096
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPJ View Post
Hi all,
I'm planning to sell our Maruti Suzuki Estilo Lxi (K Series Engine) model with following details:
Hello CPJ,
Unfortunately, Estilo was one of the rare market duds from MS. More ever, it was recently discontinued. So market value has plummeted more. Since prospective will see this as a 3rd hand car, I presume you can get around 1.5L-1.75L if sold to a dealer & around 2L if you can find a private buyer.

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOKSIN View Post
Hi Friends,

I am planning to sell my old Indica V2 DLS, 2001 model, done 1.37k,
Hello LS,
You can expect anywhere between 0.60-0.75L for your Indica.

Regards,
Varun
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 18:51   #8097
AMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOKSIN View Post
Hi Friends,

I am planning to sell my old Indica V2 DLS, 2001 model, done 1.37k, single owner, in good condition, quite a few minor dents everywhere, battery 1 year old, tyres have done app 50000 kms, Pune Regd.

What price should I expect for it??
I sold my 2001 model Indica DLS in 2007 at 1.5L. So from that reference, i can say it can fetch something around 70 to 80K.
Old 13th September 2013, 19:19   #8098
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello CPJ,
Unfortunately, Estilo was one of the rare market duds from MS. More ever, it was recently discontinued. So market value has plummeted more. Since prospective will see this as a 3rd hand car, I presume you can get around 1.5L-1.75L if sold to a dealer & around 2L if you can find a private buyer.

Regards,
Varun
Hi Varun

Are you sure this car will command such premium in second hand market? The ownership has already changed on paper once. Moreover, it is a discontinued model. I believe most offers he would get would be in the range INR 1.5-1.7 lacs, at best.

But, would like to learn the exact selling price of the car is... it would depend on @CPJ's bargaining skills. I wish him best of luck.
Old 13th September 2013, 20:37   #8099
CPJ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello CPJ,

Regards,
Varun
Hi Varun,
Thanks a lot for the info.
Today I evaluated the car from Honda's evaluator since I'm interested in Brio Automatic. They have quoted me INR 1.65 lakhs. I'm trying to get around 1.8-1.9, as the car is in good shape. Also I don't want the hassle of finding a private buyer so would try to negotiate the best possible deal with the dealer itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post

But, would like to learn the exact selling price of the car is... it would depend on @CPJ's bargaining skills. I wish him best of luck.
Hey CARDEEP,
I definitely need all the luck that I could get. Would surely let you know of the final selling price as I would be closing the deal in a day or so.
Old 13th September 2013, 21:06   #8100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Hi Varun

Are you sure this car will command such premium in second hand market? The ownership has already changed on paper once. Moreover, it is a discontinued model. .
OP says it was bought in 2010. Then this is not a discontinued model. The ESTILO with 1 litre K Series engine was unveiled in Sept or Oct 2009. But still, as commented earlier, the kind of rate mentioned for this vehicle may be a bit tough to get.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks