Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2013, 15:30   #7966
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund View Post
I need help with a tough call, so i'm calling on the experts in the field!

Im looking at :

Jan 2010 Honda Civic 1.8 V AT with 88k on the clock, asking price, 5L [pre-negotiation, Individual seller]

If im ok with the high odo, what are the cons that im not seeing!

Please advise!
Did a online evaluation!
Attached Thumbnails
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-untitled1.jpg  

Old 27th August 2013, 19:19   #7967
nmo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyan_k10 View Post
I would go for option number 6. Reason: others would be too heavy on my pocket.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by anushuks View Post
Thanks nmo, again!

If I can get a few more opinions, I would be very thankful. This is the list of cars that I have on my short-list currently -

1. Chevrolet Optra 1.6 (2005 model) petrol - 45000 km, 2nd owner, has the car since 5 years, 1st owner was an individual, not a broker. Cars condition is fair, would need to change the Gear Shift cover, rear-view mirror etc - quoted
2.5 lakhs - yet to negotiate

2. Chevrolet Optra 1.6 (June 2004 model) petrol - 56,800000 km, 2nd owner, Cars condition is good. Quoted 2.25 lakhs - yet to negotiate

3. Fiat Petra ELX 1.6 (2005 model) - 40,000 km, 1st owner. Car is in good condition. Asking 1.5 lakhs. Yet to negotiate

4. Mitsubishi Lancer - 2003 model - 50000 km, 2nd owner - 1.6 lakhs (Last price)

5. Baleno - 2005 model - 63000 - 3rd owner - 2.5 lakhs (Yet to negotiate)

6. Baleno Vxi – 2006 model – 53000 km – 2nd owner – 2.25 lakhs – Good condition

7. Ford Fusion 1.6 petrol – 2005, 51000 km, Single owner, Battery replaced, new windshield, replaced shock absorbers.Wants me to see the car. Pictures look good. Will the mileage of 2005 Fusion go above 10kmpl in City?
I would second Shreyan's opinion. Reasons:

1) Among options listed by you, Baleno would have the lowest cost of spares and maintenance. It ages well and with Maruti badge, you will get its spares even after 3 years from now.

2) Baleno is a great car if you are OK with its dated looks. 53K is nothing for this car, I know people with 1 Lac on odo of their Balenos still
running them happily.

3) The only car of 2006 Vintage. Other cars are older and after 7 years, if the car has not been maintained well, you will end up with frequent visits to the garage.

Please look at the documentation. Is service history available for any of the cars? What is the profile of their owners? It is better to pay more for a car that has been meticulously maintained. Look at the NCB value (50%? or lower) on the insurance papers?
nmo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 16:29   #7968
BHPian

Guys I have almost zeroed in on an April 2012 XUV 500 W8 FWD with 15,800 kms on the odo. The condition is quite good with few scratches here and there while the interior is very well maintained. The seller is an individual and asking price is 13L negotiable. I know it is slightly inflated so what is a fair price to be paid for this?

The car is Thane registered and I would be using the car in Nashik so if I do go ahead with the deal, how would the transfer of ownership take place along with procurement of the necessary documents and NOC? Secondly is there any way to get the service records and insurance claim history (if any) of the car to check whether the odo reading is genuine and the car is non-accidental.

Apologies for so many queries but this is the first time I am in for a pre-owned car so don't want to take any chances.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance.
Old 29th August 2013, 18:31   #7969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZinFluent View Post
Guys I have almost zeroed in on an April 2012 XUV 500 W8 FWD with 15,800 kms on the odo.
Hello ZF,
13L is way overpriced for a April 2012 W8!! Just for reference, in Mumbai you can get a year old W8's done under 15K's for around 12.25L from a dealer. So the dealer must have brought from the owner for at least 11-11.25L, max 11.5L
The max price that I can comfortably pay will be around 11.5L.

Quote:
how would the transfer of ownership take place along with procurement of the necessary documents and NOC?
Get hold of an RTO agent in Nashik or Thane/Mumbai. Most agents have links in other RTO's & will do the paperwork for a fee.

RTO agents in Mumbai:-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...ku-mumbai.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...rt-mumbai.html

Speak to them & see if they can assist.

Quote:
Secondly is there any way to get the service records and insurance claim history (if any) of the car to check whether the odo reading is genuine and the car is non-accidental.
The service records of all manufacturers in India are centralized.Call up the M&M dealer in Nashik, tell the reg. no. of the car & you will get full service history of the car and if there has been any insurance claims on them.

Regards,
Varun

Last edited by powertrain : 29th August 2013 at 18:32.
powertrain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 21:40   #7970
BHPian

Thanks powertrain.

11L-11.5L is indeed the price I have in mind for this. Will be checking the car this weekend and negotiate on the offer.

About the service history, I did call up the local M&M dealer in the morning and spoke to someone in service department who mentioned that they have service history of only Nashik registered cars!

It was a strange response no doubt that's why posted the same query here. Will be visiting the service center tomorrow and speak to someone knowledgeable there
Old 30th August 2013, 10:36   #7971
BHPian

Quote:
About the service history, I did call up the local M&M dealer in the morning and spoke to someone in service department who mentioned that they have service history of only Nashik registered cars!
Hello ZF,
What that person said is just a load of crap.Around a year ago,one of my acquaintance brought a KA registered Bolero in Kerala & he got the full service history from his local M&M dealer.
I suggest you to personally go there & seek.

Regards,
Varun
Old 30th August 2013, 12:59   #7972

Hi Guys,

Need your advice here.

Buying a car for my mother in Ranch, sitting in another country is not easy. so request you input.

Have been offered a White 2010 November Honda City S MT with 18,100 kms on the odo. It has been a single owner car.

It has been maintained decently and i am getting it checked from a trusted mechanic.

The problem is that it has been serviced only once.

The seller is quoting a price of 5 lakhs but have managed to negotiate it to 4.75 lakhs.

Primary usage will be in town and will not be self drive.

Would this be a smart buy or should we just go in for a new sting ray?
Old 30th August 2013, 14:18   #7973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd_maverick View Post
Hi Guys,

Need your advice here.

Buying a car for my mother in Ranch, sitting in another country is not easy. so request you input.

Have been offered a White 2010 November Honda City S MT with 18,100 kms on the odo. It has been a single owner car.

It has been maintained decently and i am getting it checked from a trusted mechanic.

The problem is that it has been serviced only once.

The seller is quoting a price of 5 lakhs but have managed to negotiate it to 4.75 lakhs.

Primary usage will be in town and will not be self drive.

Would this be a smart buy or should we just go in for a new sting ray?
I'll say go ahead, the deal sounds good. Considering the car is in good condition.
Old 30th August 2013, 16:06   #7974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello ZF,
What that person said is just a load of crap.Around a year ago,one of my acquaintance brought a KA registered Bolero in Kerala & he got the full service history from his local M&M dealer.
I suggest you to personally go there & seek.

Regards,
Varun
Managed to get the service history of the car from a dealer here and the car has visited the authorized service center quite often. I have listed some of the concerning issues that I came across:

Noise coming from Front Axle while accelerating
Both front power windows stopped functioning at once and some component was replaced
Vehicle pulls to the left while driving on a straight road
Power steering fluid leak

Are some or all the above issues a part of known XUV niggles or something I should be be vary of? I am a little skeptical about this deal now considering these issues cropped up with the vehicle having done only about 15k kms.
Old 31st August 2013, 00:16   #7975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmo View Post

+1

I would second Shreyan's opinion. Reasons:

1) Among options listed by you, Baleno would have the lowest cost of spares and maintenance.
Buyer please check the prices and availability Of spares first. I have heard a Baleno owner telling traffic hawaldar, that it's bumper costs 9000 rupees. Also on this very forum someone has mentioned that service Centre sometime try to put Esteems parts on Baleno.
Old 31st August 2013, 00:22   #7976
BHPian

I am offered a 2010 Punto Dynamic 1.2 with 26k on Odo for 2.5 L. The car has few minor scratches, damaged front Bumper, looks like another 10 K life left in stock shoes. Though I am in market for new car (Punto Emotion 1.3) and have already given documents for financial processing, but wont mind a used car at steal price now and trade off with Linea sometime in 2014
Old 31st August 2013, 10:43   #7977
BHPian

Quote:
Noise coming from Front Axle while accelerating
Both front power windows stopped functioning at once and some component was replaced
Vehicle pulls to the left while driving on a straight road
Power steering fluid leak
Hello ZF,
Vehicle pulling & PS fluid leak are XUV known niggles. XUV is a tech laden car, so electricals are a weak link. What was the component that was replaced? If they have replaced the whole power window unit, then I don't foresee a problem.
What troubles me is the front axle noise. It is generally not a good sign. Might be a minor greasing issue but you never know?!
Also there is surprisingly a lot of XUV's for sale now. So you're not limited by choice. You are bound to find more XUV's if you go looking. So if you're skeptical, I suggest you to continue your search.

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhare View Post
I am offered a 2010 Punto Dynamic 1.2 with 26k on Odo for 2.5 L. The car has few minor scratches, damaged front Bumper, looks like another 10 K life left in stock shoes.
Hello RK,
2.5L seems like a fair deal. Since the front bumper is damaged, check out the service history thoroughly. If it's involved in an accident, don't go for it.
Tires generally last 40-45K's. Do get the alignment checked.
A VFM price will be around 2L.

Regards,
Varun

EDIT:- My 500th post!! I'm a half Senior BHP'ian!!

Last edited by powertrain : 31st August 2013 at 10:45.
Old 31st August 2013, 12:45   #7978
BHPian

Looking at a 2010 Swift LXI model, run 28K kms and a single owner in Bangalore. Looks decent barring a few scratches here and there and drives well. Owner is asking 3.4 lks non-negotiable.

Is this a fair price to buy this car ?
Old 31st August 2013, 15:02   #7979
BHPian

I was looking for a used swift and found this on our sale section?
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...ti/Swift.html/
Kms - 590000. Typo or a Horrendous mistake? :O
Old 31st August 2013, 15:03   #7980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleton View Post
Looking at a 2010 Swift LXI model, run 28K kms and a single owner in Bangalore. Looks decent barring a few scratches here and there and drives well. Owner is asking 3.4 lks non-negotiable.

Is this a fair price to buy this car ?
Also how does that compare against Fgo ZXI petrol, 2010 model, run 22K kms. Asking price is 3.2lks. Going to see the car today afternoon.

ow does Figo ZXI compare against Swift LXI

Most Viewed