Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2013, 12:34   #7861
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello AVI,
First of all, check full service history. 15K's in 3 yrs seems low but to be fair, not unbelievable. Nevertheless,do check for odo tampering.
A VFM price will be around 2.75L, max 3L.
BTW, how much is seller quoting?
Hi Varun, thanks for the reply. Owner is quoting 3.3 but it's negotiable. Yes even I have doubts on the odo front, will get it checked. I intend to buy it for my dad, so have a few misgivings whether the fiesta is a 'fill it shut it forget it' type of a car or not. But looks quite tempting at the price being quoted if it's well maintained. Will update in case my brother is able to check it out.
Old 31st July 2013, 13:47   #7862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Hi,

At that price of approx 4L why not look for newer cars? Eon, alto etc. I guess with on going offers on most cars you may be able to get a deal on ritz, spark, wagon r etc. All are pretty good petrol motors with good engines and ideal city cars giving decent kmpl.

Just my opinion.
Thanks for your feedback. We did deliberate on the option of a new car. My original budget was ~INR 3.25L, was willing to push this a bit further for the i20 simply because the car was awesome and came with a lot of features. Else, for most new cars, you would get only the base version at INR 4-4.5L, and a variant with some features would cost upwards of 4.5L (except the Alto and Eon)

Quote:
Hello AVI,
Hello AA,
Between the i20 & Beat, I will suggest you the i20 because, it has ABS & Airbags.The 50K's extra spent on the i20 is well worth the money. Remember safety should never be optional

So my vote goes for the i20.

Regards,
Varun
Thanks Varun, my heart said i20 too, sadly it appears that the car was sold out y'day. So I am back to the car search mode
Old 31st July 2013, 13:52   #7863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
Thanks for your feedback. We did deliberate on the option of a new car. My original budget was ~INR 3.25L, was willing to push this a bit further for the i20 simply because the car was awesome and came with a lot of features. Else, for most new cars, you would get only the base version at INR 4-4.5L, and a variant with some features would cost upwards of 4.5L (except the Alto and Eon)
I agree to that. But its Used vs New. You need to be really careful with the used car evaluation and there is always this risk of a lemon when purchased via unknown source. But for your requirements of a Petrol Hatch for 100% city useage with good mileage, i would still suggest you have a look at new Alto / Eon. with new car you get complete peace of mind.

There are some sweet deals going on with Hyundai Eon. keep reading in papers every now and then. No harm checking out once.

For your used petrol hatch query, You should also check out for Honda Brio. Had come across a few well kept ones in < 4L range. S MT model.
Regards,

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 31st July 2013 at 13:55.
h@r$h@l is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 17:31   #7864
BHPian

Guys,
A known person has referred a civic:
2010, 27k kms,1.8v automatic, grey colour.
Haryana registration transferred to bangalore registration. In a company's name.

What is the fair price I can offer for the car?
Wiill resale value get affected beacause of the transfer of registration?
Its from a genuine source thats why I am even considering it.

Look forward to your suggestions.
Chetan
Old 1st August 2013, 17:37   #7865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyasachetan View Post
Guys,
Haryana registration transferred to bangalore registration. In a company's name.

What is the fair price I can offer for the car?
Wiill resale value get affected beacause of the transfer of registration?
Its from a genuine source thats why I am even considering it.

Look forward to your suggestions.
Chetan
Considering it is out f production, a company car and the fact that registration has been altered, I would say 6.5? Though I havent helped any friends in buying a used civic in couple of months so I might be wrong about its value
Old 1st August 2013, 19:13   #7866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyasachetan View Post
Guys,
Hello Chetan,

If the transfer of registration is legitimate, I see no reason to not consider it. Please go forward.
A price of around 7.5L seems like a fair price. How much is the seller quoting?

Regards,
Varun
Old 1st August 2013, 19:32   #7867
BHPian

Quote:

Hello Chetan,

If the transfer of registration is legitimate, I see no reason to not consider it. Please go forward.
A price of around 7.5L seems like a fair price. How much is the seller quoting?

Regards,
Varun
Thanks Varun,
Transfer is legitimate and he is quoting 8 lakhs
Old 1st August 2013, 23:52   #7868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Sankdesh,

If the car's condition is really good, you can pay upto Rs. 5.4 lacs for 2011 Maruti SX4 ZXI with less than 20,000 kms on ODO.

Thanks,
Hi

I have managed to negotiate price to 5.10L have checked service history & ODO is reflecting true KM & has been serviced 5 times at authorised service center & has a valid insurance till next may. Might finalize in next couple of days. any advise is welcome.
Old 2nd August 2013, 00:47   #7869
BHPian

Hi!

I have been spending an unhealthy amount of time on the lateral upgrades thread, and hence feeling an urge to get one myself. I am currently using an i20 (details below) and having finished my college, am looking for something bigger.

It would be great if you could tell me as to what I could get for my car.

Model: Hyundai i20 1.2 Sportz
Mileage: ~16,000
Used by me single handedly

Damage is a scratch of about two inches near back wheel arch. Everything else is taken care of in the true Team-Bhpian fashion.

Right now the upgrade is just an idea but if the economics work out, things might get even better for me Thank you for your help in advanced.
Old 2nd August 2013, 11:07   #7870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankdeshmukh View Post
I have managed to negotiate price to 5.10L have checked service history & ODO is reflecting true KM & has been serviced 5 times at authorised service center & has a valid insurance till next may. Might finalize in next couple of days. any advise is welcome.
Hello Sankdeshmukh,

Rs. 5.10 is indeed a good price for a top end model (Zxi) Car with full history & genuine ODO Reading. Also the insuance is valid will next May, means you have practically no immediate expense on this car.

I will strongly suggest to go ahead & buy the car.

Thanks,
Old 2nd August 2013, 11:15   #7871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASproject View Post
Hi!

It would be great if you could tell me as to what I could get for my car.

Model: Hyundai i20 1.2 Sportz
Mileage: ~16,000
Used by me single handedly
Hello SAS,
A fair price for your car will be around 4-4.25L. Please go for a lateral upgrade only if you need a bigger car. Dont change a car just for the heck of it. Apart from lack of low end power, i20 is a great car to own. Also be very careful while buying a second hand car.

Regards,
Varun
Old 2nd August 2013, 11:28   #7872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post

Hello Sankdeshmukh,

Rs. 5.10 is indeed a good price for a top end model (Zxi) Car with full history & genuine ODO Reading. Also the insuance is valid will next May, means you have practically no immediate expense on this car.

I will strongly suggest to go ahead & buy the car.

Thanks,
Finalize at at 5.10 will be taking delivery in couple of days. Yeah jignesh ur right have no 7mmediate expense on car apart from floor lamination and paint sealent, underbody coating etc. Its a white color car and owner seems to have never done polishing so color is bit dull. Will post pictures once these things are done
Old 4th August 2013, 18:07   #7873
BHPian

For the benefit of the community, especially people who prefer per-worshiped concept (all thanks to GTO).
-The ford endeavor mentioned are in all probable Haryana CM's fleet cars (replaced by newer model Ford Endeavor now). Good chances of these Endeavors to be maintained with TLC and with original paint et al.
-Besides, icing on the cake (esp for the 4x4 enthusiasts) is 2009 model Maruti Gypsies. A two minute call to nearest maruti service centre can let you know the entire service history and kilometers clocked on each one of them using the registration number.
-Since, it is an open auction, chances of partiality and cheating is minimal.
Please factor in that the two digit registration numbers on many of these cars costs upwards of Rs.25000 if purchased new. Besides, the sales tax, registration tax and other taxes need to be taken into consideration while bidding.
-Unlike the complex army auction (read auction in lots/ dealer registration to participate), this is a simple process wherein you need to deposit Rs.2000 and bid happily.

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-881_20130729112229_1375077149.gif

P.S: I am no way connected in any capacity with this auction, neither I share any commercial interest. Mods may please delete/shift the post to appropriate place.
Grr7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2013, 10:12   #7874
BHPian

A friend is looking for a used Vento. What would be a good price to offer for a good condition 2011 Vento Highline with about 25K kms on it?
Old 5th August 2013, 12:23   #7875
Senior - BHPian

I just saw a '10 Manza qj diesel this morning, its done 20k kms, seller quoted 5.5L, is it worth it?

Given that I'd get a New one at ~8.5L OTR in B'lore, the new one has some better features (touch screen music system, MMI GPS maps etc), Warranty & AMC, and of course it'd be New!

Also, I have a doubt that the old Manza's had some chassis problem due to which they used to pull to the left.

Condition too is 'just about ok'ish' by my standards. So I want to quote conservatively, how much should I offer?

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 5th August 2013 at 12:26.

Most Viewed