Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2013, 21:58   #7831
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by etrast75 View Post

Current OTR Of RITZ ZXI in bangalore after published discounts is around 6.5L without exchange bonus and around 6.3 L with exchange bonus. One can probably haggle a bit more and get another 10K off. I have nothing to exchange in my case :-)
Okay, then for the car you said, try getting it around 5.5-5.6, don't go over 5.7 IMO. Good luck with the deal
Old 28th July 2013, 23:22   #7832
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Guys how much can i expect for my Swift ?

Model: VXi
Year: 2007
Color: Silver
Mileage: 24000
Condition: Good
City: Pune
Number of owners: 1
Old 29th July 2013, 10:53   #7833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Games Goblin View Post
I came across a well kept example - 2005 L&K model, 2nd owner.

Quoted price after haggling is Rs.4.36 lakhs -
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
4.4???? for a 2005, 2nd owner, 1,70,000km done, two generation old car,
Hello GG,
I agree with Ishaan. 4.36L is absurd,service history or not!!!
The max I may pay is around 2.75L max.
I seriously suggest you to continue your search.

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
I was planning to sell my 2007 Spark and upgrade to a used Linea or SX4 and convert that too Cng.
Hello SW,
The quotes you are getting, is it from dealers or individuals?
0.8-1L is a little too low. A decent price should be around 1.5L

I would suggest you from buying CNG fitted cars. It is better that you buy a car & then fit CNG. That way you know the service history of CNG kits.

Between SX4 & Linea I would go for SX4,because of peace of mind factor.

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyph3r View Post
Guys how much can i expect for my Swift ?

Model: VXi
Year: 2007
Mileage: 24000
City: Pune
Hello P3R,
Around 2L if you sell to a dealer & around 2.5-2.75L is you sell to an individual.

Regards,
Varun
powertrain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 12:05   #7834
BHPian

I had almost closed the deal on a 2012 (Mar-2012 manufacture) VW owned Passat driven 1400kms for 17L on road. I had made the full payment and awaiting tranfer of ownership before taking delivery of the car from Autobahn India Pvt Ltd (VW dealer).

On checking the car yesterday for some paperwork I noticed a lot of water logging in the boot below the spare wheel (almost 9-10 litres of water had collected). Car had been parked in the rain over the past 2 weeks. There is obviously some leakage in to the boot from above since the carpet covering the spare wheel was also wet/damp. If it wasn't for the rain I would never have discovered this problem.

Given this issue with the car I no longer wish to go ahead with the deal. I have asked them to stop all transfer paperwork which luckily hadn't started yet. What are my legal options in getting a refund from them in case they are reluctant to do so.

Is this a minor issue I have read about some other VW cars like the vento and the jetta having the same issue which were rectified by some silicon gel sealant.

Any advise would be appreciated.
Old 29th July 2013, 12:27   #7835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 View Post
I had almost closed the deal on a 2012 (Mar-2012 manufacture) VW owned Passat driven 1400kms for 17L on road. I had made the full payment and awaiting tranfer of ownership before taking delivery of the car from Autobahn India Pvt Ltd (VW dealer).

On checking the car yesterday for some paperwork I noticed a lot of water logging in the boot below the spare wheel (almost 9-10 litres of water had collected)...

Given this issue with the car I no longer wish to go ahead with the deal. I have asked them to stop all transfer paperwork which luckily hadn't started yet. What are my legal options in getting a refund from them in case they are reluctant to do so.

Is this a minor issue I have read about some other VW cars like the vento and the jetta having the same issue which were rectified by some silicon gel sealant.

Any advise would be appreciated.
NO. This is NOT a minor issue.

A friends Cruze had a similar issue in the C Pillar and believed the dealer when they promised to rectify the same (this had happened 3 months after delivery). When he gave them a surprise visit, he found his car had been taken apart ( the rear doors, seats, carpet, even the dashboard! ). So he then mailed everyone he knew in Chevy's top management, they assured him to have the process overlooked by an experienced Senior service personnel & the GM(Service Dept.) of that dealer. It took 20 days in all. Result was that the silicone sealant worked, but the car had rattling sounds from every part they removed & 'refit'.

Point is : Why allow some dealer the opportunity to do R&D in your car?

Unless you've signed the PDI documents, they can't do anything. Even otherwise they can't do much, but it'd be abit more difficult & strenuous (coz they'd want to push their faulty car). Take down the VIN # of that car and ask them to give you another.
Old 29th July 2013, 12:29   #7836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
4.4???? for a 2005, 2nd owner, 1,70,000km done, two generation old car, from a company with poor A.S.S. and an owner who thinks the next major service is only going to be 70,000 kms away? WHO CARES IF HE HAS ITS SERVICE HISTORY? He better have pool fitted in the trunk for this money. (with a deep end)
Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello GG,
I agree with Ishaan. 4.36L is absurd,service history or not!!!
The max I may pay is around 2.75L max.
I seriously suggest you to continue your search.
Hi Ishaan and Varun

Thanks a lot for your inputs! As I said, I've been looking at Octavias for some time now and I've got a rough idea of the market in Kerala. I've looked at 6 vehicles now and the asking price for a 2006 Rider model in fairly good nick is 3.4 - 3.6 lakhs. But the one I have seen recently was the L&K version (first time I'm seeing one since my search started) with all the bells and whistles. So effectively, the L&K works out to be ~Rs.70,000 more than the base model.

The reason I'm interested in this particular example inspite of the high mileage is because it's the best one I've driven by a mile - I've TD'ed cars with ~80,000 - 1,20,000 on the ODO and this is much better than those (engine, suspension, NVH) even if it has run twice as much - the car is rock solid and I could not notice a single rattle in the cabin when driving. I took it to a bad stretch (most of Kerala roads are bad now because of the weather ) and it was unfazed by it. I brought my mechanic along to inspect it and he told me that the engine and suspension are pristine - and he did not find any leaks. We also managed to have a look at the under body by taking it to a nearby tyre alignment shop and saw that it was OK - engine guard is intact, no signs of under-body damage and no rust on the silencer.

Service and spare parts are not a problem for me as my mechanic knows his way around the Octavia, so whichever car my relative ends up buying, it'll never have to see a Skoda workshop again

The car-wale valuator is showing Rs.4 lakh for excellent condition when I enter the details of this vehicle - which is somewhat in-line with the market here from what I have seen. The price I have in mind is 4.1 - 4.15 MAX - is it worth spending an extra 20k over the price I have in mind? I'm eager to finalize on this car as my relative is coming back to Kerala by August 10th - he'll need a car by then.

EDIT: forgot to mention that I checked with my mechanic and he confirmed that the next flywheel & clutch change will be after 70-75k, as 80k is the normal service life of an Octavia flywheel.

Last edited by Games Goblin : 29th July 2013 at 12:40.
Old 29th July 2013, 18:08   #7837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post

Hello SW,
The quotes you are getting, is it from dealers or individuals?
0.8-1L is a little too low. A decent price should be around 1.5L

I would suggest you from buying CNG fitted cars. It is better that you buy a car & then fit CNG. That way you know the service history of CNG kits.

Between SX4 & Linea I would go for SX4,because of peace of mind factor.

Regards,
Varun
Thanks I drove the above mentioned Linea today. It looked good but it was terrible while driving. The car would jerk a lot at speeds around 40-50 and it would take forever to move in all gears. The car accelerated properly only after revving it 2.5k rpm. Also drove an 08 sx4 which drove properly without any issues but it was rattling a lot. The clutch also lacked feedback so I rejected both these cars.

Will check out some other cars this week else I'll convert it to cng and use it for a couple of years more.
Old 29th July 2013, 18:20   #7838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Games Goblin View Post
As I said, I've been looking at Octavias for some time now and I've got a rough idea of the market in Kerala. I've looked at 6 vehicles now and the asking price for a 2006 Rider model in fairly good nick is 3.4 - 3.6 lakhs. But the one I have seen recently was the L&K version (first time I'm seeing one since my search started) with all the bells and whistles. So effectively, the L&K works out to be ~Rs.70,000 more than the base model.
---SNIP---
The car-wale valuator is showing Rs.4 lakh for excellent condition when I enter the details of this vehicle - which is somewhat in-line with the market here from what I have seen. The price I have in mind is 4.1 - 4.15 MAX - is it worth spending an extra 20k over the price I have in mind? I'm eager to finalize on this car as my relative is coming back to Kerala by August 10th - he'll need a car by then.

EDIT: forgot to mention that I checked with my mechanic and he confirmed that the next flywheel & clutch change will be after 70-75k, as 80k is the normal service life of an Octavia flywheel.
That is really not the right price. Excellent car to own but that price is stretching it. Get what you are saying about the Kerala car market and from your posts it seems you really want to buy it. However the car is really worth a max of 3.75L by any stretch of imagination. If you show the owner that you are eager to buy then he will not budge much and you will end up striking the deal around 4.1. But if you are able to mask your enthusiasm then you should be able to get this for around 3.75L. At 175k+ on the odo, people will really not be queing up to buy this. There will be very limited number of buyers so play it cool no matter how strongly yopur heart is set on it.

Also nobody can say that he clutch and flywheel will notrequire a change in 80k kms - even if the mechanic opened up the clutch assembly. There are a lot of parts that need replacement as a vehicle ages so do not look only at prominent wear and tear items. For example the tensioner for the accesory belt for the Octy costs more than 7k even outside A**. There are suspension parts, engine mounts, timing belt and tensioners and so on. Just by a test drive you will not get a sense for what might go wrong. So try to strike that deal below 3.75L and if you have cash to spare then keep it for future part replacements because you will need that money for sure.
Cesc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 20:51   #7839
BHPian

Guys,

Let me know what is a fair deal for the car
Skoda Rapid Ambition TDI Silver
2012 april 16,500 kms , bangalore
Pioneer bt system rockford speakers and amp
Owner asking 7.8 plus audio system for which he says he has spent 1.1 lakh
Old 30th July 2013, 10:55   #7840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyasachetan View Post
Guys,

Let me know what is a fair deal for the car
Skoda Rapid Ambition TDI Silver
2012 april 16,500 kms , bangalore
Pioneer bt system rockford speakers and amp
Owner asking 7.8 plus audio system for which he says he has spent 1.1 lakh
Hello VC,
The price of a new Rapid Ambition TDI, in April 2012 should be around 10.75L, if I'm not mistaken. By that yardstick, 7.8L seems like a fair deal.

Strictly speaking, ICE setup's don't command a premium. You can pay for it if you're an audiophile & appreciate the better sound output. So you decide if you want to invest on it or not.

Is 7.8L before or after negotiations? If the car's in a good condition with all service records, a VFM price is around 7.3-7.5L.

Regards,
Varun
Old 30th July 2013, 12:07   #7841
BHPian

Hi,

I'm looking for a used sedan in Kochi (Kerala). I came across the following cars.
Honday City V MT 2009 Sept. 44000 Kmts done, new tyres. Asking price 5.15
Ford Fiesta (New) 2011 : Tiatanium Petrol asking price 5.8 lks.

Which one of these should I opt? I dont want spent a lot on maintaining this car for next couple of years before I sell it off. What would be the best price
Old 30th July 2013, 12:15   #7842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-X5 View Post
Hi,

I'm looking for a used sedan in Kochi (Kerala). I came across the following cars.
Honday City V MT 2009 Sept. 44000 Kmts done, new tyres. Asking price 5.15

Which one of these should I opt? I dont want spent a lot on maintaining this car for next couple of years before I sell it off. What would be the best price
I bet you won't get wrong with the City & it is almost on the verge of VFM price for the V MT in your state (after going through few of above posts re Kerala pricing). However, you can try reduce price to Rs.5 lacs if you bargain hard.

Re the Fiesta, the handling is much better than the City, but are there any Fiestas on road, I see more of Lineas than the (new) Fiesta even in NCR. Better avoid it as its resale & service costs could be terrible as compared to the City.
Old 30th July 2013, 12:34   #7843
BHPian

How much can I expect for my city zx

Model : GXI
Year: 2008
Mileage: 41500
City: Mumbai
Old 30th July 2013, 12:44   #7844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-X5 View Post
Honda City V MT 2009 Sept. 44000 Kmts done, new tyres. Asking price 5.15
Whats the odo on the Fiesta? Surely will be lesser than the City (assuming being of later year). The maintenance costs of both the vehicles are at par with each other.

IMO Fiesta scores over the handling and better ride quality. Titanium being the top end will be loaded too. Take a test drive and compare them back to back.

BTW are the sellers individuals or dealers?
Old 30th July 2013, 12:48   #7845
BHPian

I am looking for a used petrol car for my wife for office commute in Bangalore and have shortlisted the following cars:

1. 2011 July Chevy Beat LT (Grey color) - first owner with ~12500 kms on the odo. Asking price ~INR 350,000. (One year OEM warranty is still left). Reverse parking assist with camera is installed. The car requires an extensive interior shampoo / clean as it is messy in its present state.

2. 2010 July Hyundai i20 Sportz (white) - first owner with ~38000 kms. Asking price ~INR 400,000. Car has new Michelin alloys which have done 10k kms only. Car is immaculately maintained.

Both cars are quite clean on the outside with minor scratches.

The car will be used largely for city use in Bangalore in heavy traffic with ~25-28 kms of daily usage. The Beat LT version comes loaded with climate control, all power windows etc, all of which are available on the i20. It however misses the Driver Airbag and ABS as well as the extra room that the i20 offers.

However, given the usage of 25+ kms in heavy city traffic, I am inclined to go for the Beat as it gives much better mileage than the i20. Also, I was not impressed with the i20's 2nd gear which appeared quite dead. Based on T-BHP reviews, it appears to be a generic issue with the car and not specific to the one I drove.

Are the above prices reasonable? Am going to get the cars checked with my mechanic for any issues before I finalize. Any suggestions are welcome.

Most Viewed