Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2013, 20:17   #7801
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
I cant believe what I am reading!! I think the price is way over realistic value. But then city differences should be accounted.

Plus I have heard poor reliability stories about Accent CRDI. I will suggest you go for other cars. 5 lakhs is a decent budget in the used car market...
2000rpm, you responded to my query which was posted way way back in 2006, exactly 6 years ago
Old 25th July 2013, 20:40   #7802
Senior - BHPian

Oh..Sorry guys, I guess I pressed the page button next to "last" and thought that I am on the latest page of this thread. Anyways, so did you buy the Accent back then

If yes what price, we can then calculate the depreciation of a used diesel accent over a period of 6 years.
Old 26th July 2013, 01:00   #7803
BHPian

I came across a Polo Highline which had 64K on the ODO and was quoted 3.9L. 2010 model. Suggestions?
Old 26th July 2013, 10:36   #7804
BHPian

Quote:
If yes what price, we can then calculate the depreciation of a used diesel accent over a period of 6 years.
Hello 2000rpm,
We can calculate the depreciation, but in my view,it is irrelevant in today's context, as the Accent CRDi is long dead.

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvssudheer View Post
I came across a Polo Highline which had 64K on the ODO and was quoted 3.9L. 2010 model. Suggestions?
Hello NVS,
64K is quite a no. of miles. The max value for this car in my view is around 3.25-3.4L.
VW's are not exactly light on wallet. Do check for full service history. Also check for NCB on insurance.

Regards,
Varun
Old 26th July 2013, 10:59   #7805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello WLI,
A fair price that you may get for your car is should be around 3.25L. I know that a "driver's delight" car like the S, deserves a better price, but nowadays, who cares for a performance cars.

Believe me brother, all the enthusiast's of Mumbai & Pune are in TBHP. The rest only know know how to squeeze the last penny from petrol car owners!!

I strongly suggest you against selling this car!! It's an amazing piece of machinery. How I wish I had the moolah!!

Regards,
Varun
I was hoping against hope that someone would say the 'S' deserves over 3.5 lacs! Never mind, I'll see what is the best I can get. I am still deciding what will replace the 'S' so the pricing can wait until such time! Thanks mate!
Old 26th July 2013, 11:24   #7806
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijeetveer View Post
Hi guys. I need a little help from you all. I'm offered a dec 2007 octavia l&k with 45k kms for 4.75. The car is in good shape from the pictures. I couldn't go and check it out personally due to the rains here. I have been looking out for a good diesel vehicle for long. So pls tell me what would be the right price for it provided the car is in a good condition. I'm putting up the details:

Dec 07 octavia l&k black color. 45k kms. Last service done in July 12 @ 36k kms according to senator motors. It's a dealer car and he is expecting 4.75l.
You are referring to a diesel, right? The running of 45K seems very low for a 5 and half year old diesel. It may not be genuine.
Can you share some interior photographs of the seats, dashboard, gear knob, steering wheel etc?
Old 26th July 2013, 11:41   #7807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvssudheer View Post
Hello,

Rs. 3.5 lacs will be maximum price for 2010 Polo Highline with 64,000 kms on ODO privided the car is very well maintained.

Also get the clutch & tyres checked.

Thanks,
Old 26th July 2013, 11:55   #7808
BHPian

Quote:
Oh..Sorry guys, I guess I pressed the page button next to "last" and thought that I am on the latest page of this thread. Anyways, so did you buy the Accent back then

No I didn't get the Accent but picked up a 6 month old 2006 Scorpio CRDe SLX for 7.5
Old 26th July 2013, 12:05   #7809
BHPian

I'm still struck on the debate of selling my Cedia and going for Ertiga CNG. My wife is against the decision of replacing the car as she feels ( which is correct also ) that Cedia with all 4 Disc Brakes , EBS and twin air bag makes the car much more safer than Ertiga. According to her it's a simple downgrade. The car has done just 23k kms and is very well maintained hence she is not much interested in Ertiga.
I've been offered 4.35 Lakhs currently for the Cedia and Ertiga is costing 8.8 Lakhs on road Mumbai. Does it makes sense to spend 4.5 Lakhs more ? The Cedia is totally trouble free and the paint being Manchester Red looks great. The car is registered in Mumbai . Do you think it makes sense to sell this beauty at 4.35 Lakhs or should I just drop this idea or should I wait for better price, in that case what should be a good price to sell it ?
Totally confused hence need experts advice.

Last edited by saurabhkum : 26th July 2013 at 12:05. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old 26th July 2013, 12:12   #7810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
I'm still struck on the debate of selling my Cedia and going for Ertiga CNG. My wife is against the decision of replacing the car as she feels ( which is correct also ) that Cedia with all 4 Disc Brakes , EBS and twin air bag makes the car much more safer than Ertiga. According to her it's a simple downgrade. The car has done just 23k kms and is very well maintained hence she is not much interested in Ertiga.
I've been offered 4.35 Lakhs currently for the Cedia and Ertiga is costing 8.8 Lakhs on road Mumbai. Does it makes sense to spend 4.5 Lakhs more ? The Cedia is totally trouble free and the paint being Manchester Red looks great. The car is registered in Mumbai . Do you think it makes sense to sell this beauty at 4.35 Lakhs or should I just drop this idea or should I wait for better price, in that case what should be a good price to sell it ?
Totally confused hence need experts advice.
You can go for CNG kit in Cedia, if the ownership costs are what matter to you more in a daily basis. There are quite a few TBHPians in Mumbai who can guide you with this.
Old 26th July 2013, 12:12   #7811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post

It is a pretty reliable car. I had one which I drove up to 1.15l kms. Still in the family and has done 1.25l kms. Its a 05 L&K. Around 4.5L is a decent price for the 07 model you are looking at IF the car is in top shape. Octavias age very well so be sure that the mileage you see on the odo is genuine. If you have anybody who has a VAG COM then solicit their help and see what is the actual odo reading. Clutch + DMF is roughly 22k with labour if you use original LUK clutch. Only the clutch will be around 10k with labour. Outside A** rates.

I have my review of the car on TBHP which I penned when my car had 111111 on the odo. You can check it out for more details.
Hey. I have gone through your thread before and even recently. Love the way your car is kept. I don't know anyone having a VAG COM sadly but I do have the Chinese Bluetooth OBD which I bought from eBay. Can it be connected to any free software on my laptop? I rather thought I would just take it to an A.S.S and ask for immediate and future expenses needed. Also like I said I had called up one of the A.S.S and they told me last service was done a year ago(July 12) at 35k kms. And then check up done in November 12. So I'm thinking the ODO is pretty genuine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post

You are referring to a diesel, right? The running of 45K seems very low for a 5 and half year old diesel. It may not be genuine.
Can you share some interior photographs of the seats, dashboard, gear knob, steering wheel etc?
Yes sir, L&K1.9 TDI.
It does look and seem hard to believe but 45k kms is what is think is genuine on it according to what i have seen. Seats are the original beige hard leather with practically few folds unlike other dealers who replace with faux leather seats and call them original. Dashboard, steering, gear knob shows absolutely no signs of wear n tear. Everything looks spot on for a 45k km done octi. Would love to share pictures sent by the dealer, though they are a little pixilated. Am I allowed?
Old 26th July 2013, 12:31   #7812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
I've been offered 4.35 Lakhs currently for the Cedia and Ertiga is costing 8.8 Lakhs on road Mumbai. Does it makes sense to spend 4.5 Lakhs more ? The Cedia is totally trouble free and the paint being Manchester Red looks great.
Hello,

What is the motive of buying Ertiga CNG? To save on fuel costs? If yes then you are spending much more on interest cost.

I mean by spending extra Rs. 4.5 lacs on buying Ertiga CNG, you are loosing Rs. 45,000 per year in terms of potential interest (Rs. 4.5 lacs in Fixed Deposit @ 10% p.a.).

If your Cedia is working perfectly fine I will definitely suggest not to sell it just to buy a new Ertiga.

Thanks,
Old 26th July 2013, 13:09   #7813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
You can go for CNG kit in Cedia, if the ownership costs are what matter to you more in a daily basis. There are quite a few TBHPians in Mumbai who can guide you with this.
I'm not in favor of converting this engine to CNG, not that I've doubt on the conversion process as I myself have got my Civic converted to CNG and I'm totally satisfied with it. But somehow don't want Cedia to get into CNG. The only factor driving this decision is that I get a MPV/LUV . Though the 7 seats will be used only once or twice every month, but having a new segment is something which is making me think. Ertiga has more seating capacity as well as it handles as Sedan itself. Also the new K14 engine I find is very smooth and refined.
If i decide to go ahead how much more should I expect for Cedia?
Old 26th July 2013, 16:19   #7814
Senior - BHPian

Do you really need a MUV? I understand you have a Civic and a Cedia. but dont go for a MUV to diversify the segments. Cedia is a real gem and the exclusivity you get from a Cedia is unparalleled, Ertiga can not even dream to come close.

I suggest test drive the Ertiga and follow it up with a Cedia drive and you will have your answer

But if 7 seater is your requirement, I think the is enough to satisfy the enthusiast in you!!
Old 26th July 2013, 20:01   #7815
BHPian

Any Quotes on a Properly maintained indigo marina mid variant, mfg 2007 run 28000 km's needing a tyre replacement??
Cheers,
theo

Most Viewed