Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2013, 20:08   #7921
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADH View Post
I am thinking to sell my Wagon R Petrol which is 2005 model. It has done till date 45000 km approx till date . It is in original silver colour condition . What would be a fair value I can expect if I were to consider selling it ?
Hello ADH,

You have not mentioned the version of the car, i.e. Vxi or Lxi.

Anyways, assuming that it is a Vxi model, you can expect Rs. 1.5 lacs for your 2005 wagonR with 45,000 kms on ODO.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 20:09   #7922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADH View Post
I am thinking to sell my Wagon R Petrol which is 2005 model.
Hello ADH,
Your R will fetch around 0.60-0.75L if sold to dealer & around 1-1.2L if you can find an individual.

Any reason why you want to sell your car? Don't sell it just for the sake of changing. I personally consider the WagonR an ideal city car. And your car has done just 45K's. So in my opinion, you can use your for at least 2-3 years. Do think about it.

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
What would be approx. price range of palio 1.6gtx's from 2001-2005?
I'm not too aware of Chennai prices, but in Mumbai you can get a Palio 1.6 for around 0.75L. Considering it's Chennai, you can get one for around 1-1.3L.

Regards,
Varun
powertrain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 20:54   #7923
ADH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post

Hello ADH,

You have not mentioned the version of the car, i.e. Vxi or Lxi.

Anyways, assuming that it is a Vxi model, you can expect Rs. 1.5 lacs for your 2005 wagonR with 45,000 kms on ODO.

Thanks,
Hi, it is LXi model .

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post

Hello ADH,
Your R will fetch around 0.60-0.75L if sold to dealer & around 1-1.2L if you can find an individual.

Any reason why you want to sell your car? Don't sell it just for the sake of changing. I personally consider the WagonR an ideal city car. And your car has done just 45K's. So in my opinion, you can use your for at least 2-3 years. Do think about it.

Regards,
Varun
Hi Varun , Thanks . I agree with you that WR is an ideal city car with almost no niggles / hassles at all. My car also runs quite like that.
I am considering to sell it as it is now an eight years old car, and replace it with the new waggie only .

Last edited by bblost : 18th August 2013 at 21:26.
Old 18th August 2013, 23:37   #7924
BHPian

does any body have any experience of dealing with big boy toyz for used cars.
they are ofering great deals but some seem to be too good to be true!

secondly

what price can I for my used fiat lenia T-jet. its a dec 2010 make and has done 21,000 kms?
Old 19th August 2013, 08:19   #7925
BHPian

hi guys

I am getting a oct 2010 Fiat Punto Grande 1.4 Petrol for 3.68L in hyderabad. it has done 14k kms approx. Car is in a fantastic condition 'looks' wise. The paint job looks new, the interior looks new, tyres have a lot of tread life in them.
I am getting a bit suspicious though, because of the 3 years and only 14k kms on the odometre thing.

Any suggestions on this?
Old 19th August 2013, 14:57   #7926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran.Syed View Post
I am getting a bit suspicious though, because of the 3 years and only 14k kms on the odometre thing.
Any suggestions on this?
Your best bet would be service history of the car. Besides, the condition of tires and their stamped manufacturing date can seal the deal for you. Wear and tear of brake/clutch pedal and discoloration of gear lever/steering/key hole are also good indications.

Good luck.
Grr7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 06:50   #7927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
In Bangalore, a car like that will be priced anywhere near 1.3L to 1.4L given the demand of this particular beauty. I think it's a fair deal in a city like Jaipur. New battery, two new tires, genuine service history (if it really is). You can however ask for a 5k discount since you'll have to change the rear tires (maybe is the spare wheel). 51K is nothing for a properly maintained Zen. I'll say it's in its late 30s in age-ratio.
Zen can go more than 1.5L KMs before throwing up major repairs. Then you can say you have used it. But yeah for othr reasons people sell it. Never heard anybody selling a Zen because they no longer like it...
Old 20th August 2013, 10:01   #7928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello Shiv,

Hello AT,
I find the price of 3.5L to be quite reasonable. Since the seller is a relative, your BIL has better understanding of it's service history. And that's a huge advantage.
Try to bring down the price to about 3.25L, but my advice will be not to leave the car for 10-20K's , if the car's good.

Regards,
Varun
Quote:
Hello,

Firstly I feel Rs. 3.5 lacs is a high price for a 19 months old WagonR Vxi.

Just to give you a perspective last year in March 2012, I bought September 2010 (19 months old) WagonR Vxi with 17,000 kms on ODO for Rs. 3.10 lacs from a used car dealer.

Still if the seller is your relative & car is in excellent condition, you shall offer nothing more than Rs. 3.25 lacs for the car.

Thanks,
Thanks for the feedback guyies. The deal is done for 3.25 lacs.
My brother in law is very happy.
athanedar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 23:59   #7929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom666 View Post
4x4 Gypsy experts - need some help here. I have given up on buying the Gurkha due to dealer incompetence. Want to pick a Gypsy now. This will ofcourse not be the primary vehicle in the family.

Saw this in the classifieds section:

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...ti/Gypsy.html/
Any Gypsy expert can help here please? Its either between this one or my other option is to look for a 410W within 1.5/1.6Lacs and put a King mpfi engine and rebuild it.

What sounds good? Please advise as I really need to take a call soon. The urge to get the vehicle is killing me

Last edited by manson : 21st August 2013 at 19:00.
Old 22nd August 2013, 18:05   #7930
BHPian

I am posting this on behalf of my collaegue who owns a Polo Diesel. Here are the details of the car :

Model - VW Polo Diesel
Year - 2012 September
KM Run - 15 K Approx
Variant - Mid variant (comfort line i think)
Condition - Well maintained

Please help with the resale value as she wants to dispose off and go for the company lease option for tax savings.

Thanks in advance
Old 22nd August 2013, 18:59   #7931
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Model - VW Polo Diesel. Year - 2012 September. KM Run - 15 K Approx. Variant - Mid variant (comfort line i think). Condition - Well maintained
Hello Abhi,

Ideally Rs. 6 lacs should be good Price for this car, but I feel Rs. 5.6 lacs to Rs. 5.7 lacs will be ideal price for September 2012 VW Polo Diesel Comfortline with 15,000 kms on ODO.

I think it does not make much sense to go for company lease car for tax savings because the loss on sale of this will car will be almost same as the tax savings, in my opinion.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2013, 19:06   #7932
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Abhi,

I think it does not make much sense to go for company lease car for tax savings because the loss on sale of this will car will be almost same as the tax savings, in my opinion.

Thanks,
Thank you Jignesh, and I feel what you said makes sense. Will let her know.

Cheers,
Abhi
Old 22nd August 2013, 19:23   #7933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Thank you Jignesh, and I feel what you said makes sense. Will let her know.

Cheers,
Abhi
Some companies allow moving a old car to company leased plan if it was under the employee's name. You can ask your friend to check that option with her leasing company as well.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2013, 00:35   #7934

Hi all.

I am planning to buy a used car.

Budget - 2-2.2 lakhs, lesser the better.
Usage - 500 KM per month approx, usually city driving, occasional out of town trips.
Location - Bangalore

The cars which I have short-listed are -

1. Chevrolet Optra 1.6 (2005 model) petrol - 45000 km, 2nd owner, has the care since 5 years, 1st owner was an individual, not a broker. Cars condition is fair, would need to change the Gear Shift cover, rear-view mirror etc - quoted 2.5 lakhs - need to negotiate
2. Chevrolet Optra 1.6 (Jan 2008 model) petrol - 38000 km, 2nd owner. Car is in excellent condition. Quoted 3.7 lakhs. Yet to negotiate
3. Fiat Petra ELX 1.6 (2005 model) - 40,000 km, 1st owner. Car is in good condition. Asking 1.5 lakhs. Yet to negotiate
4. Mitsubishi Lancer - 2003 model - 50000 km, 2nd owner - 1.6 lakhs (Last price)
5. Baleno - 2005 model - 63000 - 3rd owner - 2.5 lakhs (Yet to negotiate)

Please advice which would be the best car of these? or should I look at a Fiat Palio or Swift as well? I also don't want to buy a car for which maintenance would be high or spares tough to get.

Thanks in adanvce!
Old 23rd August 2013, 10:30   #7935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom666 View Post
Any Gypsy expert can help here please? Its either between this one or my other option is to look for a 410W within 1.5/1.6Lacs and put a King mpfi engine and rebuild it.

What sounds good? Please advise as I really need to take a call soon. The urge to get the vehicle is killing me
Hello V666,
Although I'm not an expert in Gypsy's, my friend, a fellow BHP'ian, Raj(Desmosedici) has a Gypsy King & will be able to guide you in the right direction. PM him & take his opinion.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/desmosedici.html

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by anushuks View Post
Hi all.

I am planning to buy a used car.

Budget - 2-2.2 lakhs, lesser the better.
Usage - 500 KM per month approx, usually city driving, occasional out of town trips.
Location - Bangalore
Hello A,
Since you don't want a car with high maintenance or spares issues, it rules out the first 4 options. The safest bet among the cars you've shortlisted is the Baleno. Although the maintenance is not very cheap, spares should not be a problem. The max I will pay for this car is 1.75-2L. I presume that you have the complete service history of the car.

Your other option in sedan's is the Hyundai Accent. You can get decent car's for around 2.25-2.75L

However you seem to have answered your own question. With a monthly usage of 500 Kms, do you really need a boot? If not, then the best car for you is the Swift. It's a Maruti, is fun to drive & efficient too. But you will have to increase your budget to about 2.75-3.25L.

Hope this helps,
Regards,
Varun

Most Viewed