Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2013, 21:39   #7771
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Find out how much the seller paid for it & slash away depreciation, after which you may want to take it to the VW service center and run the Diagnostic checks, there MUST be a reason why it hasn't been used much in the past 1 year.

If all is normal, haggle abit and consider closing the deal. If unfortunately not, get the estimated repairing cost and bargain atleast for 1.5 times the estimate.

Enjoy!
Car is owned by VW and was used to ferret expats around. Got the diagnostic check done and everything seems fine. Is 17L a good price for this.
Old 23rd July 2013, 15:10   #7772
BHPian

Folks,

What would be a reasonable price to pay for a used Chevrolet Beat or Ford Figo (Both Petrol) in Bangalore? I am evaluating some used cars with the broad parameters as below:

- Late 2010 / Early 2011 make
- First Owner driven
- LT model for Beat and ZXI for Figo
- Run between 15-20,000 kms
- Registered in Bangalore

I have spotted a few ads seeking anywhere between INR 340,000 to INR 375,000 for these cars. Is this a good price to pay? Obviously Carwale throws up a really low number of INR 275-300k for such cars.

Thanks in advance
Old 23rd July 2013, 19:13   #7773
BHPian

What can be reasonable price that I can offer for Sept 12 Nano Lx non special edition. I have seen big adverts in newspapers of 60000 Rs discounts on Nano. That would bring the OTR for new car quite less and hence was wondering about resale.
This would be second car for wife, more for practice to graduate to bigger ones in family later. Hence i intend to hold for not more than 2 years.
Old 23rd July 2013, 19:33   #7774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonanand View Post
- Late 2010 / Early 2011 make
- First Owner driven
- LT model for Beat and ZXI for Figo
- Run between 15-20,000 kms
- Registered in Bangalore
Hello AA,
Let's just say that Carwale is not too off the mark here. The max I am willing to pay for both the car's you've shortlisted is around 3.25L.

Between Beat & Figo, I prefer the Beat,simply because it's got more features & is a newer generation model than the Figo. However, Figo is a little better on space, I believe.

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post
What can be reasonable price that I can offer for Sept 12 Nano Lx non special edition.
Hello SS,
1.2-1.4L is what I believe to be a fair price for a Sept 12 Nano Lx non special edition.
Since this car will be lady driven, tell your wife to take a test drive first. Since Nano's do not have PS, it can pose a problem.

Regards,
Varun
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 20:08   #7775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello AA,
Let's just say that Carwale is not too off the mark here. The max I am willing to pay for both the car's you've shortlisted is around 3.25L.

Between Beat & Figo, I prefer the Beat,simply because it's got more features & is a newer generation model than the Figo. However, Figo is a little better on space, I believe.
+1 to your comment. My first preference is the Beat for the reasons that you mentioned, and better city mileage, looks much more contemporary and has better Ground clearance. Again, am looking at this primarily for city use for my wife who will use the car most of the time for solo use and hence space is not a big concern. Have the caaar for the long drives However, having said that, if a good deal on a Figo comes up, I don't mind considering. Would love a Swift but costs a lot more !
Old 24th July 2013, 00:11   #7776
BHPian

I have an offer for purchasing a Honda City 2010 VAT model for 6.5 lakhs in Gurgaon. What should be the right price? The car has done 25k kms and is in a fairly decent condition.
Old 24th July 2013, 09:49   #7777
BHPian

Hi Guys

How much should I pay for 2011 SX4 ZXI, single owner less than 20K Kms run Mumbai registered.
Old 24th July 2013, 10:24   #7778
BHPian

Is there a major difference in value depreciation of Alto K10 and Eon after 1st year?
Old 24th July 2013, 11:19   #7779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankdeshmukh View Post
How much should I pay for 2011 SX4 ZXI, single owner less than 20K Kms run Mumbai registered.
Hello Sankdesh,

If the car's condition is really good, you can pay upto Rs. 5.4 lacs for 2011 Maruti SX4 ZXI with less than 20,000 kms on ODO.

Thanks,
Old 24th July 2013, 11:42   #7780
BHPian

Guys! I was offered a ML 250 cdi, December 2012 model. White Color. CH regd. VIP.no.1. Done 5,000 kms.

Asking 48 lacs, which I believe is high.
Any idea on what i should offer? New is for about 58+ lacs on road Delhi.

Last year it was cheaper owing to lower excise and lower dollar rates, plus the owner must have got some discounts in December.
@sahil.

Thanks

Rishi
Old 24th July 2013, 13:19   #7781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Guys! I was offered a ML 250 cdi, December 2012 model. White Color. CH regd. VIP.no.1. Done 5,000 kms.

Last year it was cheaper owing to lower excise and lower dollar rates, plus the owner must have got some discounts in December.
@sahil.

Thanks

Rishi
Greetings Rishi

I am from chandigarh itself and I was looking around in the market too ! Yes the price is certainly on the higher side and huge discounts were being offered. Mercedes gives good discounts in December . I have an E and was looking for another one for my dad and I had a 6 Lakh discount on a 42 Lakh ruppee car and nearly 9 Lakhs on the E 350 . So guessing the person was as good a bargainer like my uncle he must've got atleast 6-7 off . The only thing that goes pro is the number . If he's giving you a 0001 number ( which is usually not possible ) then that compensated because the numbers value in chd is minimum 10 Lakh . We've even seen it going for 27 Lakhs . So if youre fond of good numbers then it might be worth it .
The only way to get the right cost is see the invoice price of the vehicle or inspect the insurance documents . You ll have an idea of how much he got it for.
Best wishes
Imran
Old 24th July 2013, 13:35   #7782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 View Post
Car is owned by VW and was used to ferret expats around. Got the diagnostic check done and everything seems fine. Is 17L a good price for this.
17L sounds like the right price if the mileage is genuine.
Old 24th July 2013, 13:38   #7783
BHPian

Re: Opinion on Alto from Maruti True value..

Quote:
Originally Posted by numerouno View Post
This weekend I happened to come visit the AutomartIndia car mela. I checked out two 2003 Accent CRDI's, both done around 63000 km. The quoted price was 4.9 lakhs.
I enjoyed the car a lot and never realised that a diesel could be so much fun to drive.
I haggled a bit and they are ready to offer me the car for 4.8 lakhs and put in new tubeless tyres aswell as comprehensive insurance (insurance value 4.25 lakhs) for the year.
I know that typically AutoMartIndia does charge a premium without adding too much value to the car. But is this price a lot more than the market price or is it reasonable.
Also wanted to know if its worth going for a used CRDI which has done 63000 + kms and does the car have any specific problems (have read of some fuel pump failures after 80KKm, is this true ?).

Please let me know your views so that I can decide to pick this vehicle or look elsewhere.
I personally find the price tag of 4.9 lakhs for 63k run Accent on the higher side. Adding to that not so good reputation of the Hyundai CRDI engines and their initial build quality, its better to avoid the Accents and invest in a Logan perhaps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirishindurkar View Post
Hello Friends,

I am planning to buy Maruti Alto LXI from Maruti True value dealer at Bangalore.

The vehicle has done 25000 Kms and 2.3 years old and the quote is
about 2.5+ .

Anyone has idea if 25K in 2.3 years is a stressed out vehicle?

For buying a second vehicle how much kms done shold be considered okey?

Any ideas?

Shirish.

25k kms for a 2.3 year old vehicle is an average used vehicle indeed. this is all assuming the vehicle maintenance and the driving style have been top notch.

if you have any concern regarding the above kilometers run then go for one below 20k kms.

The price quote for either should not be more than 2lakhs

You will also get low run cars though your paper ads and can get it verified by your local mechanic!
Old 24th July 2013, 13:53   #7784
Senior - BHPian

Guys how much can i expect for our NHC ?

Model: ZX Exi
Year: 2006
Color: Black
Mileage: 51000
Condition: Good
City: Delhi
Number of owners: 1

How accurate are Carwale`s evaluations ?
Old 24th July 2013, 14:08   #7785
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post

If you can close it at 45, then I think its a decent deal. Do check up on the car and why the chap is selling it after only 7 months of use. Also the number 1 will command a premium.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed