Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2013, 20:48   #8056
BANNED

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

K, Thanks for the prompt response !
Cheers !
Old 7th September 2013, 11:09   #8057

Hey Guys,
I am planning to sell my Hyundai i20 - Asta 1.2 L Petrol version.
Bought in Jan 2010, it has done 20,000 kms, I am the first owner.

I consulted a couple of auto dealers and they are offering around 4.25 L - I feel this is undervaluation of the car. It is in very good condition, no dents or scratches. Can someone advise on the right price ?

Also, how safe is it to give it to the showroom guys for an "exchange" offer when buying a new car ? Do these guys register the old car in Showroom name before taking it away, or will it still continue to be in my name until it is sold (with the risk that some test driver might cause an accident). Please advise.

thanks !
Sunil
Old 7th September 2013, 11:51   #8058
BHPian

Verna 1.6 XI (Old Verna), 2008 model, 45K kms,single owner(company to owner transferred), asking price 3.3 lakhs.

Figo, 2011 model, 20K kms, single owner on paper (being sold by 2nd owner who hasn't transferred the car), asking price 3.3 lakhs.

Yet to take a test drive of these. Both petrol models, what mileage can I expect?

Which one is a better deal? And what should I lookout for in the verna case ?
Old 7th September 2013, 18:47   #8059

Figo 2011 model seems to be the better choice, also considering the next resale valu. But which variant of Figo is it ?

I would be careful about this deal, since something looks fishy if the current owner has not transferred it - you have to make sure there are no legal hassles involved - it has not been involved in accidents etc.

I have had this bitter experience - once a broker posed as a buyer and bought my vehicle. After 6 months, he had not transferred it and I started getting traffic violation notifications.
Old 7th September 2013, 22:51   #8060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinthru' View Post
Folks,

Help required, a friend is contemplating purchasing an Aveo - details
Oct 2007, model - LS, done 60K, italian CNG kit fitted, cashmere colour, 2nd owner, Gurgaon registered. The asking price is 2.3 Lakhs, please advise on this deal !
Considering chevrolet's aftermarket services and resale value the quoted price is way too much. That too for a 2nd owner petrol car. Last time when i was just checking out the prices for petrol aveo/optra's in Bangalore they were quoting about 1.5-2 lakh. All done about 40-70k kms. Keeping this in mind 2.3lakh for a Gurgaon reg vehicle is just bonkers!
Old 7th September 2013, 22:57   #8061
BHPian

I have seen an advertisement for a skoda Laura TDi AT 2010 black with 27k on the ODO and insurance upto July 2014. This car seems to be directly with the owner. He is quoting 11.5L. I just sent him a text message asking if the car has the skoda extended warranty as its better to buy it with warranty than feel sorry later. So is this a fair price? I thought something around 10L would be a good deal.
Old 8th September 2013, 00:20   #8062
BHPian

Hi Experts!

What should be a decent price for a Honda Civic 2008+ in Bangalore? Looking to buy one as tertiary car.
Old 9th September 2013, 09:21   #8063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee_aRe_Cee View Post
Hi, I have a polo highline tdi which i plan to sell and was wondering how much i could get for it
its a 2012 model with 33k km on it, and a few accessories, GA registered.
any ideas on what to expect?
A dealer offered me 5 lakh and an evaluator said to take whatever i get above 5lakh. was expecting around 6.
Old 9th September 2013, 11:04   #8064
BHPian

Any idea about the fair price for a Mitsubishi Outlander (2009 - petrol automatic) done close to 50000 km? Also is it advisable to buy one as the production has been stopped. Please share your thoughts.
Old 9th September 2013, 16:25   #8065
Senior - BHPian

Not sure about your exact location but if this bench marking helps - in New Delhi given those parameters and if the car is in Good-Excellent condition , i would probably expect 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee_aRe_Cee View Post
any ideas on what to expect?
A dealer offered me 5 lakh and an evaluator said to take whatever i get above 5lakh. was expecting around 6.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2013, 16:30   #8066
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotiansk View Post
Hey Guys,
I am planning to sell my Hyundai i20 - Asta 1.2 L Petrol version.
Bought in Jan 2010, it has done 20,000 kms, I am the first owner.

I consulted a couple of auto dealers and they are offering around 4.25 L - I feel this is undervaluation of the car. It is in very good condition, no dents or scratches. Can someone advise on the right price ?

Also, how safe is it to give it to the showroom guys for an "exchange" offer when buying a new car ? Do these guys register the old car in Showroom name before taking it away, or will it still continue to be in my name until it is sold (with the risk that some test driver might cause an accident). Please advise.

thanks !
Sunil
Price is ok, if you sell it to dealers. Try selling it individually, you can fetch more.

Exchanging is safe but depends on your knowledge. Just get a sign-off on a bond paper that you have handed over the car to "whoever". Transferring or not, will not be your problem anymore.
Old 10th September 2013, 11:19   #8067
BHPian

Hi guys, is it worth buying a palio (2007-08) now? Have seen both the 1.1 and the 1.6 in the used car market, but i m a bit skeptical with regards to service & parts availability. Btw this is in blore.
Old 10th September 2013, 11:36   #8068
BHPian

Need an advice for buying Ikon (2004-06) running 30-70k , how much it should cost?

Is it worth to go for the same as the car is discontinued and cost of spares to be high?

Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 12:05   #8069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotiansk View Post
I am planning to sell my Hyundai i20 - Asta 1.2 L Petrol version. Bought in Jan 2010, it has done 20,000 kms. I consulted a couple of auto dealers and they are offering around 4.25 L - I feel this is undervaluation of the car. Do these guys register the old car in Showroom name before taking it away, or will it still continue to be in my name until it is sold (with the risk that some test driver might cause an accident).
Hello,

Firstly the price of Rs. 4.25 for 2010 Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2 Petrol quoted by used car dealer is good enough. If your time & patience permits, you may search for a direct buyer who shall offer you Rs. 4.5 lacs for this car.

Secondly the used car dealers do not register the car in their name. The Car will remain on your name till it is sold to the final customer who will get get it transferred in his name. The process can take for a week to months. All these time the car will remain in your name. As suggested by you, there is a risk, but this is how it works in used car industry in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolis View Post
Need an advice for buying Ikon (2004-06) running 30-70k , how much it should cost?Is it worth to go for the same as the car is discontinued and cost of spares to be high?
Hello,

Frankly speaking I will suggest to avoid 2004 - 2006 Ikon's as the cars will be almost 8 - 10 years old & regular service cost will be very high.

By the way what is your budget for a used car?

Thanks,
Old 10th September 2013, 12:19   #8070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello,

Hello,

Frankly speaking I will suggest to avoid 2004 - 2006 Ikon's as the cars will be almost 8 - 10 years old & regular service cost will be very high.

By the way what is your budget for a used car?

Thanks,
True

Well, the car is to be for city use mostly on weekends and to be retained for coming two-three years max so do not wish to spend more

Anything good that can be within 1 lac

Most Viewed