Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2023, 23:24   #15556
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Is it okay to buy a 5th gen City CVT at ₹13-15L considering that the new one costs ₹20L now.

I've seen few less run 5th gen City CVT and that too ZX variant going for aforementioned price in online portals like spinny and cars24.

Also, I've seen an MY18 Elantra SX(O) 2.0P AT for sale at ₹12.5L and ran just 45k Kms at cars24. Is it a good price considering that this car has been discontinued in 2022 IIRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd_maverick View Post
Bumping this up. have located a 1st owner Highline AT with 60K on the odo. Ask is 10.5L with Mumbai Registration which seems high to me. Plan is to get a comprehensive check done to figure out the history.

Would really appreciate inputs.
Getting a well maintained Jetta TDI DSG at less than ₹10L and that too 2015-16 version is a herculean task and demand for Jetta TDI is good in used car market as far as I saw.

I myself was looking for used Jetta TDI DSG but couldn't find a well maintained example in Hyderabad and getting one in Hyderabad seemed to be different. Even if I get a TS registered vehicle, it'd be expensive to purchase considering that demand on Diesel vehicles is good down south atleast in Hyderabad. Hence, I had to look at Delhi registered vehicles as well as MH registered vehicles as I can get one for decent price.

BTW, I've seen a 2015 facelifted Jetta TDI DSG for sale recently by a dealer in OLX at ₹11L and ran 73k Kms. I was almost tempted to get one and wanted to bring down the price to ₹9L but had different plans.
car_guy1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 19:49   #15557
BHPian

What would be a good asking price for a clean skoda rapid 2017 1.5tdi top model with manual transmission done 118000kms,single owner,candy white color?
The owner is asking for 7lakhs which I find is high.
Old 29th June 2023, 23:14   #15558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
What would be a good asking price for a clean skoda rapid 2017 1.5tdi top model with manual transmission done 118000kms,single owner,candy white color?
IMO, Rs.3.5 lakhs should be your asking price. In the used car market, considering a margin of 20-25% this car will be sold for around Rs.6 lakhs in Bangalore.

Last edited by deehunk : 29th June 2023 at 23:15.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 01:27   #15559
BHPian

What would be a good price for 2009 SX4 Zxi with after market CNG kit? The car need front suspension overhaul, rest everything is fine. This is for a family member has a budget of 1.5L in Indore.
creative420 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 02:33   #15560

Is 8lacs a good price for 2020 POLO GT TSI, 40k run single owner. I’m getting this from my friend who is moving abroad.

Im even hesitant to haggle after knowing the fan following which all polo gts enjoy.

Inputs appreciated
Santy19 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 09:46   #15561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santy19 View Post
Is 8lacs a good price for 2020 POLO GT TSI, 40k run single owner. I’m getting this from my friend who is moving abroad.

Im even hesitant to haggle after knowing the fan following which all polo gts enjoy.

Inputs appreciated
Slight scope for negotiation. its 40K run!

Would you please pass me the contact, in case you dont end up purchasing this??

I would like to replace my 1.6 Polo if I get the right car!
2000rpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 10:55   #15562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
What would be a good price for 2009 SX4 Zxi with after market CNG kit? The car need front suspension overhaul, rest everything is fine. This is for a family member has a budget of 1.5L in Indore.
The best price should be Rs.1.9 to 2.10 lakhs considering that it requires an FC in 2024 and overhauling expenses.
Old 30th June 2023, 14:17   #15563

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Slight scope for negotiation. its 40K run!

Would you please pass me the contact, in case you dont end up purchasing this??

I would like to replace my 1.6 Polo if I get the right car!
Yes if I dont end up buying…sure I’ll pass you his contacts.
Old 6th July 2023, 01:46   #15564
BHPian

Re: What is a good price to sell my 2018 Skoda Octavia VRS 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuPanda View Post
Hey Folks,

I might be relocating internationally soon, and unfortunately, I have no one in my family or chaddi buddys that I can pass on my treasured 2018 Skoda Octavia VRS 230. That brings me to this thread. What would an enthusiast pay for my baby?

Background on the car:

Car was bought in July 2018 in Gurgaon. Car is currently in Mumbai and has done close to 37K Kms. Was a weekend drive till 2020 and I had covered less than 12K Kms till then. Since then, partially due to COVID's after effects, the car has been on a couple of highway trips to HYD, one to BLR, one to Bhopal and several to Pune. From around mid 2021, the car has been a daily drive to work in Mumbai traffic (about 14 Kms a day on average).

Car has been maintained in a very good condition. Has had a full body PPF + Ceramic coating work done in Nov 2021. In June 2022, had a minor incident in which the front bumper and the bonnet got dinged. Thankfully, no other mechanical damage at all, and car got restored at Mody Skoda workshop.

Car is fully stock. It has 6 yrs extended warranty and 6 yrs annual maintenance pre paid for. Runs on Michelin PS4 rubber (30K plus Kms) and is due for fresh shoes.

Question:
I am struggling to figure out what the right price to sell the car is. Online evaluations make no sense. And other posts for a similar VRS 230s from 2017 - 2019 are at about 30L to 35L range. Just posted on TBHP Classifieds on Friday. Haven't posted on OLX or other platforms yet.
I am not for haggling too much, and the one prospective buyer who had a look last weekend seemed to imply that the I was quoting too high a price at 32L. Considering the nearest thing in performance will cost north of 60L, and a 4 yr used Camry Hybrid is being posted for at 36L, I feel the ask is reasonable. What say?

Pics from Nov 2021 PPF job
Attachment 2448794

Attachment 2448795
Hey, i recently bought a 2018 VRS 230 which had 2 previous owners and 94,000KM on odo. Full company service, no accidents, needed a new set of tyres. The price was 24. So i think your price is justified IMHO and it all depends upon who would like to buy it, being very niche no car flippers will buy it, you just have to wait it out. Normal depreciation doesn't apply for these kinda cars. Let's be hopeful!
RevJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 23:55   #15565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
What would be a good asking price for a clean skoda rapid 2017 1.5tdi top model with manual transmission done 118000kms,single owner, candy white color?
Assuming this would be the Style variant and not Monte Carlo; this should list for ~ 7 lakh at the website of an organized player/ used car aggregator in a city like Pune.

Considering lower road tax in Goa and the absence of organized players; dealers in Goa would charge a lower price for something like this. All in all, I think if it's an individual seller, you should be able to get it for around 6.
Iconoclast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 12:20   #15566
BHPian

What should be the right price of 2018 City VMT in Bangalore? 28000kms ran, stock battery and tyres. (2nd owner due as ownership was transferred post death of first owner) .Few battle scars here and there and rear bumper replaced with an insurance claim. NCB is 45%
5252rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 15:28   #15567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5252rpm View Post
What should be the right price of 2018 City VMT in Bangalore? 28000kms ran, stock battery and tyres. NCB is 45%
The best price would be 7.5 to 7.8 lakhs depending on battery and tyre condition.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 10:02   #15568

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardRoark View Post
Hello,

I am looking to buy a used car as my first/learning car with hard limit of 2 lakhs I am purchasing since I am feeling very unsafe on my bike travelling with my wife and 1 year old daughter. I figured any car is better than my passion pro bike. I would be driving around 100-200 kms per month. And every six months a 250 kms tour.

I have found an Tata Indica V2 2012 car with 140000 odometer reading at 155000 rupees price. Wondering if it is okay to buy this or wait until my budget increases and purchase something better? Is there anything I should be aware before buying this car?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions/advice.
After listening to the advice given in the forum I gave up on that idea and upgraded(saved up) to 3 lakhs budget in hand. I am currently only looking at automatic cars with plenty of available spare parts in the market. I will not go above 60 and only care about safety(seems impossible at my budget) and reliability. I don't care about performance or power. I am now looking at the following cars and need some price check and advice on what to go for in order of priority:

1) 2016 kwid 1.0 RXT AMT OPT with 60k odo at 3.3 lakhs - second owner

2) 2017 kwid RXT(O) Easy-R with 58k at 3.4 lakhs (ad says show room track) - first owner

3) 2013 Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 LXI CNG with 70k odo at 1.6 lakhs - second owner

4) 2016 Alto K10 VXI AMT with 82k odo at 2.9 lakhs - first owner

5) 2020 triber AMT at 6 lakhs - first hand which my brother is advising me to consider due to safety and big car but it requires me to take a loan. And that too a big one. I think I could max stretch to 5.5 lakhs.

6) 2018 Tata Tiago automatic XZA with 50k odo at 4.8 lakhs - second hand. Not sure about this.

We will visit and check these cars this week or the next. I just want safe and peaceful ride for my family which my bike is not giving me. Any advice/concerns will be appreciated. Thank you.
Old 18th July 2023, 14:14   #15569
BHPian

Dear Friends,

I have a couple of questions regarding my car purchase. First, considering Ford's exit from India, would it be sensible to buy a Ford Endeavour at this time? Second, if it is sensible, what would be the appropriate price to offer for the car?

Here are some details about the specific car I'm interested in:
- Make and Model: Ford Endeavour 2021, Titanium Plus, 4x4 AT
- Mileage: 40,000 kilometers
- Ownership: First owner
- Price: 34.5 lakhs with a 2% commission for the dealer
- Link: https://www.olx.in/item/ford-endeavo...iid-1737011142

I have a few additional points to consider:
- My company's car scheme allows used cars up to 3 years old, which is why I'm considering this option.
- Currently, I am using a Honda City 4th generation from 2017, and I plan to continue using it.
- I intend to use the Ford Endeavour primarily for highways, as I don't feel safe with my current car's 2 airbags on long highway trips. This decision is mainly influenced by a recent family emergency where I had to undertake back-to-back 1500 km trips within a span of 10 days.
- I initially booked the Hycross with high hopes but canceled the booking after experiencing its quality firsthand. I was specifically looking for a bench seat with 6 airbags. (They have now launched the VXO with a bench and 6 airbags.)
- We also have a Polo, which serves as our current beater car, and we plan to keep using it.
- I am also interested in the Harrier/Safari, but I'm waiting for them to receive a 5-star safety rating and to switch to electric power steering instead of hydraulic. I can wait until Diwali to see if these changes are implemented in their facelift versions.
- While the XUV 700 seems like a good option, it doesn't excite me as much as the Harrier. However, it could be a reasonable compromise since it is a newer model.

I would greatly appreciate any advice or insights you can provide on these matters.

Regards,
Dev
Old 18th July 2023, 14:32   #15570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
Dear Friends,

I have a couple of questions regarding my car purchase. First, considering Ford's exit from India, would it be sensible to buy a Ford Endeavour at this time? Second, if it is sensible, what would be the appropriate price to offer for the car?
1. As far as the price goes, including dealer commission this comes to around 35.2 which is about as much as what you'd expect aggregators to price this at. Since you're buying from a dealer, you can try to negotiate this down to around 33 - 33.5 all-inclusive.

2. I have had a Ford Aspire for the last 4 years and I've actually seen a marked improvement in service once Ford decided to quit the market. In 2020/early 2021, I used to sense a lot of tension/worry during my interactions with Service advisors as there was a lot of uncertainty with respect to Ford's continuation in the market. But over the last couple of years after their exit; service quality has seen an improvement as most of the dealers have signed long-term contracts with Ford to continue their Service centers. In terms of the price of service too, it's very affordable.
Iconoclast is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks