Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2023, 16:00   #15466
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppanna View Post
A friend of mine wants to part ways with his Maruti Suzuki Ciaz ZDI 2015 model.

Model : Maruti Suzuki Ciaz
Year : 2015
Owners : 1
Kms :150000
Loan Status : Cleared

Condition : Decent. Would not mention is as immaculately maintained. Has battle scars and bonnet was repainted along with replacement of headlights and fog lamps.

He got it evaluated from cars24 and spinny and not satisfied with their evaluation. Spinny quoted 4.2 Lakhs and Cars24 quoted 3.7 Lakhs!

What would be ideal price?

Note: He was expecting around 6 lakhs to which i clearly mentioned he is expecting way too much. His rationale is that he had paid 13 lakhs on road!
Thought i will update the thread. My friend has decided to keep the car for some more time instead of selling as he was not ready to accept the truth.
Oppanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2023, 18:21   #15467
BHPian

Dear Friends, I am looking for an upgrade from my Yaris 2019, done 23k VX CVT. Honestly, I have taken a lot of test drives but none of the vehicles in 30L make my heart go GAGA. The sole reason I used to buy another car. This time I probably will be upgrading to a 7-seater as I have observed that my Wife and Son do not have motion sickness in taller vehicles and my parents are shifting with me. Nevertheless, I am thinking to list my car online, What should be my expected price?
Old 17th May 2023, 15:11   #15468
Senior - BHPian

How much can I expect for a March 2013 Swift Dzire VDI, single owner with ~65k on the Odo? The car is well maintained and in pretty good overall condition barring few minor scratches. Full service history is available and in beige color.
Old 17th May 2023, 15:57   #15469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppanna View Post
Thought i will update the thread. My friend has decided to keep the car for some more time instead of selling as he was not ready to accept the truth.
I am in a similar boat Want to sell my Brezza ZDI+ Dual Tone 2016 April Model with 77850 on the ODO. Price quoted by Cars 24 was 4.70 lakhs in November 2022 when I got it last evaluated. Spinny was quoting even less on their website tool so I didn't even bother calling them for doorstep evaluation

Posted ads on Olx and FB Marketplace. Calls/messages I received via OLX ad were of used car dealers and scammers. FB Marketplace had some genuine buyers but conversation remained limited. I quoted 5.70 lakhs as my last price to each querist leaving further 20K for final negotiation as 5.50 lakhs was fair value in my opinion.

Now I have decided to keep the car for 2 more years as it's giving me 21 kmpl even today with AC on in the city.

I am genuinely interested though what would be the fair price of my car in the learned opinion of BHPians
Aldo280 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2023, 16:10   #15470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
How much can I expect for a March 2013 Swift Dzire VDI, single owner with ~65k on the Odo? The car is well maintained and in pretty good overall condition barring few minor scratches. Full service history is available and in beige color.
In my view, you should get ~4.8 - 5 lakh for this, assuming it's a manual.
Iconoclast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 12:41   #15471
BHPian

Dear BHPians,

What is an acceptable price range (depending on the condition/usage) for a 2018 Maruti Ignis Sigma manual variant in Delhi NCR? I am looking to purchase a used city car which is not more than 5 yrs old. Thanks!
Old 18th May 2023, 17:32   #15472

https://www.spinny.com/buy-used-cars...whatsapp_share

Is this a good buy? I'll have to take someone in person to check out the condition. But on paper does it look good?
Old 18th May 2023, 19:13   #15473
BHPian

Re: What is a good price to sell my 2018 Skoda Octavia VRS 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuPanda View Post
Thanks! Have checked on Spinny, however, the difference between expected and that quoted by Spinny is quite large. Hence the query in the forum.
Spinny and Cars24 are not a good option for unique cars. Their quotes are downright hilarious for anything other than mainstream models.

As for the VRS, I do suggest asking around a bit too and looking for dealers who specialize in exotics. This is a performance sedan that a lot of supercar/Sportscar owners may be interested in for their garages just for fun.
d_payne is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 23:46   #15474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseFool View Post

Is this a good buy? I'll have to take someone in person to check out the condition. But on paper does it look good?
I've put together a fairly basic version of a multivariate regression model to predict used car prices based on a range of factors - it tells me the ideal price you should pay for this would be in the range of 4.6-4.7. Considering the number of dents on this car; you shouldn't be paying too much more than that.

But Spinny does have a reputation of pricing their cars at the higher end. I had watched an interview Niraj Singh gave to Hormazd Sorabjee; in which he says buyers don't prioritize price as much as sellers - so maybe the thinking there is to not offer the best price points.

Having said that, no harm in taking a look at it.
Old 19th May 2023, 05:13   #15475

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
I've put together a fairly basic version of a multivariate regression model to predict used car prices based on a range of factors - it tells me the ideal price you should pay for this would be in the range of 4.6-4.7. Considering the number of dents on this car; you shouldn't be paying too much more than that.

But Spinny does have a reputation of pricing their cars at the higher end. I had watched an interview Niraj Singh gave to Hormazd Sorabjee; in which he says buyers don't prioritize price as much as sellers - so maybe the thinking there is to not offer the best price points.

Having said that, no harm in taking a look at it.
Is it possible to share that model so i can use it to roughly check prices for the cars I've shortlisted. 4.99 for the jazz seems ok then. I mean it's a premium of 30k.
Old 19th May 2023, 08:58   #15476
BHPian

Quote:

Do negotiate. When I was looking for a Nexon xza about 3 years ago, Truebill came down from 8.5 to 8 on long negotiations. Spinny and Truebill are sister concerns. I didn't buy the car though.
Old 19th May 2023, 09:48   #15477

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Do negotiate. When I was looking for a Nexon xza about 3 years ago, Truebill came down from 8.5 to 8 on long negotiations. Spinny and Truebill are sister concerns. I didn't buy the car though.
They said pricing is fixed based on their inspections. Read many posts here that they dont encourage negotiation.
Old 19th May 2023, 10:21   #15478
BHPian

Quote:
They said pricing is fixed based on their inspections. Read many posts here that they dont encourage negotiation.
I gave you my first hand experience. Rest is upto you.
Old 19th May 2023, 16:00   #15479
BHPian

Quote:
Is it possible to share that model so i can use it to roughly check prices for the cars I've shortlisted. 4.99 for the jazz seems ok then. I mean it's a premium of 30k.
It's a rough version for now - I put it together primarily to get a sense of the factors influencing prices so that I know how much I should realistically target when I put my car up for sale. The calculators available online may deliberately downplay the value you can get for your car because it suits their business.

I need to enter various parameters (model, age, km, ownership etc.) and the model spits out a range.

I'm making improvements to it because as of now it's very basic. Will definitely share it once I add the enhancements I plan to add.
Old 19th May 2023, 18:30   #15480

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
It's a rough version for now - I put it together primarily to get a sense of the factors influencing prices so that I know how much I should realistically target when I put my car up for sale. The calculators available online may deliberately downplay the value you can get for your car because it suits their business.

I need to enter various parameters (model, age, km, ownership etc.) and the model spits out a range.

I'm making improvements to it because as of now it's very basic. Will definitely share it once I add the enhancements I plan to add.
Even rough version will do. Just to give me a sense if I'm over paying for a car. To shortlist cars and figure out which to get.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks