Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2023, 05:32   #15481
BANNED

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Planning to part ways with my 2009 Fiesta 1.6. Just 30700 kms on the ODO, tires are Dec 2020, 185 sections, Battery is July 21. This NGT ruling is just

PM me if someone may be interested, car located in the NCR.
Torquedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 22:16   #15482

I am looking for a Jazz CVT in Ahmedabad for my parents (need a reliable automatic hatchback for city driving) and found this 2021 Honda Jazz ZX CVT (4K km) Spinny https://www.spinny.com/buy-used-cars...-2021/8725881/

Could folks who understand this used car market for Jazz CVTs please share what is a good price for such a car? I plan to do an evaluation, but want to understand what's a fair market price for such cars, given I don't live there I am not able to figure out what's a fair price. Thanks !

Last edited by GT-R : 21st May 2023 at 22:23.
GT-R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 09:23   #15483
BHPian

I am in the market for used cars and it seems like cars don't depreciate as much in bangalore. If someone has an understanding of Bangalore market, could you shed some light on this? I fail to understand random prices quoted by dealers and individual sellers.
Old 23rd May 2023, 12:37   #15484
Senior - BHPian

Re: What is a good price to sell my 2018 Skoda Octavia VRS 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
The luxury badges don't offer this kind of performance at this price(resale), most are lower variants that look and feel cheap, unlike the vRS.
Won't one get a RWD 3 series in this price?
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 16:28   #15485

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Won't one get a RWD 3 series in this price?
I know right . Even I was confused when he said that. At around 30 lakhs you can get a pretty good 3 series which is perhaps superior . The previous vrs was around 30 lakhs new and the newer one was close to the 3 series price point because of which they could hardly sell even the brand new ones . Either ways I personally don't think 32 lakhs is justified for a 5 year old vrs (newer model) and I probably would be looking for an older model for around 20 ..
SidAbz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 16:59   #15486

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfootdriver View Post
I am in the market for used cars and it seems like cars don't depreciate as much in bangalore. If someone has an understanding of Bangalore market, could you shed some light on this? I fail to understand random prices quoted by dealers and individual sellers.
All well-known used car portals command a premium over the actual market price, and they try to justify this with the 'Certified' tag and some convenience lucratives. Most individual sellers arrive at the selling price by using the price evaluation check available on used car portals, where dealers show inflated prices to attract sellers. Later, when the actual physical evaluation is done, they come up with many reasons to bring down the price.

Anyway' s, look for individual sellers on FB Groups/Marketplace or OLX (though these platforms are filled with dealers these days), and most importantly, have patience!
Personally, I recommend referring to Indianbluebook.com for price checks, as I find it reasonable."
CTA_35 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 09:25   #15487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuPanda View Post
Hey Folks,

What would an enthusiast pay for my baby?
2018 Skoda Octavia vRS was around 25.xx L ex showroom back when you purchased it. I presume you paid something around 30L on road.

With your odo running 37k km, a normal car of this price bracket would be fairly priced at around 17L to 22L in the used market. I do not think it's practical to compare your car to other luxury barges in the same power range to settle down on a selling price of your car. Brand new those cars costed a lot more too right?

IMHO, considering it's a performance oriented vehicle with a lot of tuning opportunities, maybe some enthusiast will be willing to fork over something close to 24L. Expecting more would not be justified.
nathanjdias is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 10:18   #15488

Let 5 year old depreciation be on one side. There is always price for demand and that will lead to discovery of fair price in the market. What is the best offer you got till date ?
Old 27th May 2023, 10:03   #15489
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Folks,

I might be relocating internationally soon, and unfortunately, I have no one in my family or chaddi buddys that I can pass on my treasured 2018 Skoda Octavia VRS 230. That brings me to this thread. What would an enthusiast pay for my baby?
Prices of used cars is pegged in accordance of the price of the car when new (and not really on the basis of "what your money can buy you today"). Your car is 5-years old. The usual rate of depreciation is atleast 10% per annum. Ideally your car when it was ~ 32-lacs on road when new should be at 16-lacs.

But given the demand (or whatever is hyped up) for an Octavia Mk3 RS230/245, they do fetch really good money in used market given the target audience is willing to pay a premium for it. Considering the condition of the car and relatively low kms plus full body PPF, you can realistically expect around 25-lacs (anything above that would be a bonus and the buyer indeed has valued your car for what it is if it goes for anything above the indicated price).

Expecting the same price for a used car when new after five years of use is a bit too much of a high ask.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 1st June 2023 at 18:48. Reason: trimmed quote
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 10:17   #15490
BHPian

I have just started searching for a used 2018 and above Creta Petrol manual (any variant) in Delhi NCR. A quick price check on Cars24 and Spinny shows that the prices start from ~9L for a 2018 model. I am utterly shocked to see this price. I was under the impression that a decent 2018 Creta petrol manual can be negotiated down to 6L-7L.

Are the prices on Cars24 and Spinny negotiable? I find it hard to imagine someone willing to pay a million bucks for a 5 year old Creta.
Old 27th May 2023, 13:26   #15491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
Are the prices on Cars24 and Spinny negotiable? I find it hard to imagine someone willing to pay a million bucks for a 5 year old Creta.
The prices on Spinny and Cars24 are non-negotiable. I find their pricing absurd. It's priced almost equal to the price when that car was new.
Old 27th May 2023, 14:38   #15492
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Folks,

That brings me to this thread. What would an enthusiast pay for my baby?
Every time I see a VRS I sort of fall in love with it again.
And I feel that is the reason for the extraordinary resale price of VRS because it’s just so beautiful.

Well honestly 32 is a tad bit too high.
One of my friends was on the look for a VRS only, in Delhi though.
We were quoted 32.5 for a 2020 19K run stock car. Well we could have negotiated more but he decided to wait for the superb coming next year so that’s why we walked away.

The ideal price for you car would be around 25-28L.
Considering your car is in good condition, you might be able to fetch the higher end of the price bracket.
Jatin247 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 14:56   #15493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconoclast View Post
In my view, you should get ~4.8 - 5 lakh for this, assuming it's a manual.
There is no way you would get this much! I recently sold my dzire zdi, 2014 model at 3.9L. My car was in very good condition barring minor scratches, and was always serviced at MS service center. I could have fetched 20-30k more if I could find an entusiast, but that would have taken a lot of time and effort, plus there is no guarantee if/when I would get a buyer. I even contacted prospective known buyers who were very interested and had requested me to contact them whenever I decide to sell my car but none of them offered more than 3.5-3.8L.

Spinny offered me 3 Lakhs. Olx offered me 3.2 and stretched till 3.5 after a lot of bargaining for over a period 10 days. So all in all I think I got a good deal at 3.9.

Last edited by techieaditya : 27th May 2023 at 15:04. Reason: Forgot to add a few details.
Old 27th May 2023, 18:30   #15494
BHPian

Hello enthusiasts, I need your guidance. I am getting a pre-loved 2020 ecosport trend with 23k on odo at 5L. It was manufactured in oct 2020 and has steel rim tyres. If I am not wrong, I believe trend variant got alloy wheels around the same time. Could you share what are the pro and cons of this variant and the deal?
lightfootdriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 20:21   #15495
BHPian

Hello all,
My Tata Tiago XZ Petrol (Oct-2016) model has completed 50k km. Still in pristine conditon. How much can I expect for the car?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks