Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2023, 16:39   #15391
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Is there a website where I can deal directly with owners interested in selling their car? Team BHP classifieds do not have many options. Third party sellers are fleecing the customers. The price quoted online are obnoxiously high!
kushagra452 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 12:23   #15392
BHPian

I have been searching for a pre-owned automatic car for my wife. She currently commutes through cab/auto. Came across 2 listings on Olx. Both listings are by owners.

Listing 1: Honda Amaze 2016 S AT (pre-facelift) with 1.10 Lakh km on the odometer. Ask is Rs 4.25 Lacs. The deal can get closed at around Rs 3.5 Lacs

Listing 2: 2019 VX CVT with 32K on the odometer. List price is Rs 7.7 Lacs. The car is in warranty till Nov 24.

Which option should I go with? And, how much should I offer to for the second listing?

Location of listings: Noida
Old 9th February 2023, 17:33   #15393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBond007 View Post
Listing 1: Honda Amaze 2016 S AT (pre-facelift) with 1.10 Lakh km on the odometer. Ask is Rs 4.25 Lacs. The deal can get closed at around Rs 3.5 Lacs

Listing 2: 2019 VX CVT with 32K on the odometer. List price is Rs 7.7 Lacs. The car is in warranty till Nov 24.

Which option should I go with? And, how much should I offer to for the second listing?
You should go with the second option, i think around 7 lakhs will be a fair price also get the vehicle inspected at an ASS and check the service records and insurance claim history.
revvharder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2023, 19:31   #15394
BHPian

Getting a used X1 (xdrive) - 2016 made, 2017 March registered. 50K odo done for 18L. (First owner)

Getting directly from the dealer, he can get it under used car warranty for about 70K, but he said the warranty claims are handled by a third party and are treated like insurance claims - may get rejected.

The car will need new tires, full service history at the dealership.

Is it a good deal?

Total out the door looks close to 20L with the new tyres and warranty and registration.

Anyone has experience with this warranty?

The car won't be driven much - maybe 5k a year.

It's for the Mrs.

Dealer said that maintenance should average out to 50K a year.
Old 9th February 2023, 21:19   #15395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by singh.amrit View Post
Getting a used X1 (xdrive) - 2016 made, 2017 March registered. 50K odo done for 18L. (First owner)

Getting directly from the dealer, he can get it under used car warranty for about 70K, but he said the warranty claims are handled by a third party and are treated like insurance claims - may get rejected.

Is it a good deal?

Total out the door looks close to 20L with the new tyres and warranty and registration.

It's for the Mrs.

Is this warranty provided by BMW or by some third party company with ties to the used car dealership? What's the point of paying upfront for a warranty that won't even give you peace of mind?
Old 9th February 2023, 22:24   #15396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Is this warranty provided by BMW or by some third party company with ties to the used car dealership? What's the point of paying upfront for a warranty that won't even give you peace of mind?
Yeah, it's provided by a third party, I'll get more details soon.

But is the price okay for a car of this vintage?
Old 9th February 2023, 23:28   #15397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, it's provided by a third party, I'll get more details soon.

But is the price okay for a car of this vintage?
It would be a decent price in Kerala, Karnataka etc where the RTO taxes are very high. But in NCR, you have only 3 more years of life left with this car. There is nothing rare about a non-msport x1. It was BMW’s best selling model for years and you could probably find a better deal if you look around more.
Old 12th February 2023, 09:03   #15398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virajmore03 View Post
Hi everyone,

A colleague of mine is moving abroad. He wants to sell his 2022 Volkswagen Taigun. Just need to get an idea around what price he should expect for the car. Below are the car details;

Variant - Topline 1.0 TSI MT
Color - Red
ODO - 8,600km
Year - 2022 (Manufactured in Jan 2022, Registered in Mid Feb).
Warranty - 4+1 extended
Insurance - valid Upto 2024 (Zero dep with consumables)
Location - Chennai (TN registered)
On road price (including fancy number) - 18.6.

Please suggest the right price he can expect.

Thank you in advance.
Factor in around 15% depriciation on the on-road price.
MBond007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 23:35   #15399
BHPian

Hi folks. In the market looking for a used 3 GT or 3 series petrol, 5-6 years old.
Found this listing on bmw certified (https://www.bmwusedcars.in/buy-used-...-gt/22039.html) though it’s also cross listed on OLX with date of posting as Dec-22. Any feedback on the condition / pricing and / or suggestions / ideas on how I can evaluate this car given that am in another city would be much appreciated. I checked out the service history and it seems to have denting painting and rear light change - so possibly an accidental case?
Thanks!
prnvaa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 11:02   #15400
BHPian

Hi guys,

I have my eyes on a 2019 Passat connect Highline which has done 91k. The plan is to replace my Rapid 2020 onyx diesel MT which has done around 45k KM with the Passat.

1) What should be the right price for the vehicle considering the discounts that it received in 2019? (I am based at Coimbatore, TN)

2) How is the reliability of the car over all? (in terms of the gear box, suspension and other electronics)

3) I plan to keep the car for about 5-6 years so is it recommended to buy a high mileage car? I do about 15k KM a year.
Old 18th February 2023, 11:13   #15401

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downshift98 View Post
Hi guys,

I have my eyes on a 2019 Passat connect Highline which has done 91k. The plan is to replace my Rapid 2020 onyx diesel MT which has done around 45k KM with the Passat.

1) What should be the right price for the vehicle considering the discounts that it received in 2019? (I am based at Coimbatore, TN)

2) How is the reliability of the car over all? (in terms of the gear box, suspension and other electronics)

3) I plan to keep the car for about 5-6 years so is it recommended to buy a high mileage car? I do about 15k KM a year.
The adaptive damping suspension on passat is very expensive to replace and Passat in general is not a very reliable car, spares take a long time to reach and VW ASS isn't the best to start with. If there is no 6 Year 125 k Km extended warranty on it, i would steer way clear of the passat. I have seen one too many DSG Mechatronics failure on the passat which led to them becoming parts bin car.

I used to own a 2016 Jetta Diesel Manual which had the aforementioned warranty, I promptly sold it off a year before the warranty ran out. Mighty fine car both of them but not the best ownership experience.
Cheers.
Peet Stop is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 12:14   #15402

Hi Folks,
I'm looking at a 2019 Manufactured 2020 Chennai Registered Nissan Kicks Diesel (Top of the line model - XV Pre O) which has run about 15000 Kms, the owner is asking
10.25 Lakhs for it and it has a 5 year warranty from 2020.

What do you guys reckon is a good price, considering not much resale value when i sell it after 3 years or so and the fact the owner (Very probable) got a minimum 2.6 lakh discount on it while buying. It cost 17.75 On Road Chennai, so minus the discount he probably got it for 15 Lakhs approx.

Is the asking price alright or should I negotiate?
Old 18th February 2023, 16:06   #15403
BHPian

Quote:

Is it a good deal?

It's for the Mrs.

A colleague of mine recently bought a X1 20d 2016 manufactured for 18 lakhs here in Mumbai - it has 55k on the odo. It was then the top end model. He spent close to 1.25 lakhs in getting the issues sorted out and is quite happy with the car. The used car dealer he bought the car from was a known reference. My colleague was saying that here in Mumbai X1s with other dealers were listed upwards of 23-24 lakhs.

You have not mentioned the engine here but ball park you are near the price quoted to my colleague - Delhi should probably be lower I think.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Shreyas Aterkar : 18th February 2023 at 16:10. Reason: Spelling correction
Old 18th February 2023, 20:25   #15404
BHPian

What would be the right price for a MH02 registered 2010 Ford Figo Zxi Petrol? Its a sparingly used single owner car with approx 12000 kms on ODO. The car is always serviced at Ford authorised service centre every year and insurance is valid till July 2023. Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd February 2023, 08:17   #15405
BHPian

What should be offered for a '21 Audi A4 Technology? Most of the dealers are quoting an absurd 40+ for the car (brand new car left the floors at 43.5)
How is the depreciation calculated these days? Is there some sanity left in the market? Why would I buy a 2 year old car and become the second owner for 42, when I can get a new one for 50 (which is exaggerated itself).

Most Viewed