Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2023, 12:54   #15691
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
Do used cars make sense for anyone residing in Delhi NCR? Given the draconian 10/15 yrs rule it seems paying 5L for a 5-6 yrs old car works out be actually MORE expensive than buying a new car for 8L-10L.
No, used cars after covid did not make any sense.
For Ex: Used 2016/17 Balenos going for 5L+ with 50,000+ kms and a used 2022 Baleno Delta going for 6.8L

I would go for the 2022 one in the above case.

Also with these stupid rules getting passed and accepted every now and then, it makes more sense to go for a BS6 vehicle used or new depends on the deal available.

I would suggest you to look for a 6 month or an year old model if getting a good deal else just buy a new one.
revvharder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 21:34   #15692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audi_dream View Post
Here are the details: - We have a 2017 model Tata Hexa XM
PS: To put price into perspective, it was launched as an Innova Competitor which starts at 22L (on-road) and harrier/safari start around 18.
I believe Hexa XM was selling for 15L on-road back in 2017.
Considering the XM variant is almost barebones, 7.5-8L might be a decent price for a 2017 model. Low running considered.
Old 16th November 2023, 21:50   #15693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepilot View Post
I believe Hexa XM was selling for 15L on-road back in 2017.
Considering the XM variant is almost barebones, 7.5-8L might be a decent price for a 2017 model. Low running considered.
Thanks! Btw, it has most of the must have and some good to have features as well, the XE was the barebones one, this was the mid variant as far as I remember.

At this price, I'm not sure if it even makes sense to sell, considering 8L can't even buy the Tata Punch today. Too hard to decide.
Old 17th November 2023, 10:11   #15694
BHPian

Seeking advice here; I've observed a significant number of MG Gloster vehicles in the pre-owned car market with mileage ranging from 20-30K. What factors might contribute to this trend?

Is it due to perceived underperformance, challenges in city or highway driving, or perhaps lower fuel efficiency?
Old 17th November 2023, 11:41   #15695
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshannamalai View Post
Seeking advice here; I've observed a significant number of MG Gloster vehicles in the pre-owned car market with mileage ranging from 20-30K. What factors might contribute to this trend?

Is it due to perceived underperformance, challenges in city or highway driving, or perhaps lower fuel efficiency?
Without getting to the specifics of these cars which I am not aware of, lot of people end up buying Glosters and Mahindra Alturas just because the Fortuner is unavailable or expensive and doesnt sound VFM then after a few months realise that the ownership isnt as fuss free as that of a Fortuner. These are the guys who would be fine in letting go of the vehicles for whatever loss and then settle for the Fortuner. I have seen this happen in my area especially in the last two years since people experimented buying either of these cars and as of today have a Toyota at home.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2023, 13:33   #15696
BHPian

Car details: XUV5oo, W6 variant, 2014 make, Manual transmission
City: Bangalore (location: Hulimavu, off Bannerghatta road)
Odo: 1.65 lakh kms, mostly driven on highways of KA & TN
Condition: Taken care very well
Expected price: Rs.5.5 to 6.0 lakhs (negotiable)

Owner is my cousin brother (1st and only owner). He passed away less than a month ago (aged 47 only) and our family is selling this car with a heavy heart. Lots of memories of him in the driver's seat . But there is no one to keep driving the vehicle, so selling it.

I will personally take care of the paperwork involved in the transfer of ownership.
PM/DM me in case anyone is interested.
srvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2023, 14:33   #15697
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post

Owner is my cousin brother (1st and only owner). He passed away less than a month ago (aged 47 only) and our family is selling this car with a heavy heart. Lots of memories of him in the driver's seat . But there is no one to keep driving the vehicle, so selling it.

I will personally take care of the paperwork involved in the transfer of ownership.
I am very sorry and please accept my deepest prayers and condolences. His family must have gone through deep pain. My prayers once again.
Red Liner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th November 2023, 17:48   #15698
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
Do used cars make sense for anyone residing in Delhi NCR? Given the draconian 10/15 yrs rule it seems paying 5L for a 5-6 yrs old car works out be actually MORE expensive than buying a new car for 8L-10L.
A way out could be buying such a petrol car, using it for 8-9 years and just when it reaches 13-14 yrs of age, finding a customer outside the NCR to buy. The NoC can be immediately taken without delay. You would get a very low resale value by then, but remember in the first place it was an used car you had bought.

Many out of state customers from neighbouring locations around the NCR flock to get good bargains of just near "end of life" cars from Delhi.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2023, 14:05   #15699
BHPian

Hi,

I am being offered a single owner 2010, Cuprite Brown Mercedes E250 V6 Petrol for 7.11L. The car is driven around 91k kilometres, and has full company service record. I test drove the car today, and liked it. It was previously owned by my friend's grandfather and was used as his company car.

The car has comprehensive insurance, new tyres(installed in 2021, but used only for 2-3k kilometres), and if offered with both the keys and still has the original paint. The car is in exceptional condition aside from some minor issues, which will be fixed in case I decide to buy it.

Can anyone suggest how much should I ideally pay for it?
B747fan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 14:59   #15700

Quote:
Originally Posted by B747fan View Post
Hi,

I am being offered a single owner 2010, Cuprite Brown Mercedes E250 V6 Petrol for 7.11L. The car is driven around 91k kilometres, and has full company service record.

The car is in exceptional condition aside from some minor issues, which will be fixed in case I decide to buy it.

Can anyone suggest how much should I ideally pay for it?
Get a Pre-purchase inspection done form mercedes, you can negotiate based on the report. If everything checks out 7 lacs is a good price by the condition you described. Do factor in the maintenance costs which can be in the 6 digits as it is 13+ years old.

Do share pictures if you close the deal!
Yuvuz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2023, 18:10   #15701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuvuz View Post
Get a Pre-purchase inspection done form mercedes, you can negotiate based on the report. If everything checks out 7 lacs is a good price by the condition you described. Do factor in the maintenance costs which can be in the 6 digits as it is 13+ years old.

Do share pictures if you close the deal!
I will be going be close the deal next week. Will get the inspection done before I close it. Thank you for the suggestion! I test drove it earlier, and it drove as good as it looked! Pretty sure I'll be able to negotiate it down a bit more as it is petrol. Will post the final price one I seal the deal!
B747fan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2023, 20:39   #15702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Car details: XUV5oo, W6 variant, 2014 make, Manual transmission
City: Bangalore (location: Hulimavu, off Bannerghatta road)
Odo: 1.65 lakh kms, mostly driven on highways of KA & TN
Condition: Taken care very well
Expected price: Rs.5.5 to 6.0 lakhs (negotiable)
My bhabhi sold the car for ₹4.5 lakhs to a person who was ready to take care of paperwork for change of ownership. She needed the money for urgent expenses and the car went away leaving behind lots of happy memories of my brother.
srvm is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th December 2023, 04:29   #15703
BHPian

What’s a good price for a 2020/21 Mercedes E class? Less than 20k kms on the odo.
Old 12th December 2023, 20:16   #15704
BHPian

What should I pay for a single owner 2005 Accord 3.0 V6, driven 33k kms?
Old 13th December 2023, 21:18   #15705
BHPian

My FIL is looking to sell his 2014 Hyundai Verna (manual, petrol). It has run 111,000kms, first owner, single hand driven with Hyundai service record. No major accident or engine repair but cosmetically, it shows signs of age as the paint is dull and the bumpers have multiple scratches.

I am not sure what's a reasonable price to expect but was thinking to list it around INR 4.25 lakhs and close the deal around 3.75. Any thoughts if it's too much or too little?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks