Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2024, 22:42   #15781
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
Friends, what's a good price (to buy) for a 5 to 7 year old Isuzu VCross in TN? I looked around and can't find anything less than 15L, which I find ridiculous. Is it because of high demand and less supply or are they really worth it?
I am looking for a used beater car for my farm. I think a pickup with crew cabin will be a good choice. But the exorbitant price is making me look for Boleros and Safaris, which I can easily get for under 5L.
As a beater car that's probably going to be stationed at your farm, you're better off with a Bolero CrewCab pickup. They're workhorses and you will not feel guilty dumping all and sundry into it and getting dents and scratches all over.

Or go in for the Isuzu S-Cab and not the V-Cross. That would be available at half the price.
discoverwild is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 12:01   #15782
BHPian

Bhpians please advise regarding fair price of vehicle listed below.

Hyundai Elite i20 Magna 1.4 Crdi
Year of registration- 2016
GJ Registered
95k run
1st owner
Well maintained with a few minor scratches here and there.

I am looking to sell.
Old 23rd March 2024, 09:11   #15783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
As a beater car that's probably going to be stationed at your farm, you're better off with a Bolero CrewCab pickup. They're workhorses and you will not feel guilty dumping all and sundry into it and getting dents and scratches all over.

Or go in for the Isuzu S-Cab and not the V-Cross. That would be available at half the price.
You are right, it's going to be used pretty rough and will have to deal with some really bad hilly terrains and roads. I was under the impression that the S-Cab was not for private registrations. In fact, I wouldn't have minded a new Tata Yodha if only I could register as a private vehicle. Anyway, let me see if I can find any S-Cabs available for a reasonable price.
prakash_ajp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2024, 10:36   #15784
BHPian

Polo 1.0 TSI manual (top model), 2020, 15000 kms, 1st owner, Good-to-very-good condition - what should the ideal price be?
johy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 14:17   #15785

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajkir80 View Post
Bumping up my own post!

What would be a reasonable price that I can expect for my Maruti Celerio VXI AMT (O) 2020 model, single owner with just 5000 kms on the odo and car is in pristine condition as good as new?
Hi rajkir80,
I'm looking for a used automatic car for my wife. Kindly let me know if the car is still available? and expected sale price. I'm based on North Bangalore.

Regards,
Thiruselvan
Mail:thirulic@gmail.com
Old 28th March 2024, 02:49   #15786
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajkir80 View Post
Bumping up my own post!

I have placed adds in facebook market place to sell my car. The price quote that I generally receive from people who see adds in facebook is ridiculously low and looks like they are not serious buyers. They have a lot of data bandwith and time and just waste other's time as well.

My thought before starting to sell my car a month back was that I should be able to sell it in no time as it is a Maruti with very less kms put on the odo and it should be a cake walk. But the real scenario is different.

What would be a reasonable price that I can expect for my Maruti Celerio VXI AMT (O) 2020 model, single owner with just 5000 kms on the odo and car is in pristine condition as good as new?
If you are in Delhi NCR, let's connect. I am looking to buy a similar car.
Old 29th March 2024, 10:48   #15787

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Many times the issue is "expectation" both from the buyer and seller. It is also a waiting game. Your car is seen as "almost" new only by you. For the buyer, its a 4 year old car. A well maintained car tilts the scales in your favor but don't expect a huge premium on that. Try putting yourself in the buyer's shoes. Will you buy the car at the price you quoted?

To move the vehicle quickly, you need to give a reasonable price. I sold my 14 year old Scooty pep in a day on OLX to a direct buyer ( negotiated and reduced 10% of listed price). Of course, I did get a whole lot of messages quoting a 50% lower price and I just ignored them.

I just checked the Orangebook value of my old WagonR and its way off (on the lower side ). They quoted 35K while similar cars are listed for 2 Lacs on Olx for Bangalore. Cars24 quoted around 1 Lac without any inspection.

In my humble opinion, comparing a 14 years old scooter's resale value may not be appropriate. My observation is you dont lose a lot of money if the car/bike is sold after its being owned for a long term, say about 8+ years. I have also done this before, so i can vouch for it. You lose a lot of money when the sale happens after 1-3 years because the depreciation is pretty high in the initial years.

The golden rule for any transaction is quoting the right price. No one will pay more than the product's value which includes you and me as well. Here the point i tried to make was that there are too many low ballers in that particular forum who just want to snatch things at a very low cost which includes most of the dealers to be precise or a set of crowd who just want to know the price and to ask if was available. Unfortunately used car/bike market is itself like that.

And to answer your question, will i buy at the price that i quoted? Yes, I will certainly buy because I believe that the quote is neither high nor low and I perceive value in the product.

Hope you get what I intended to.

Now my question to you based on your above post, at what price will you sell your wagon R, at 35k or 1L or 2L?. For your kind reference I quoted a price lesser than orange book value...
Old 29th March 2024, 10:50   #15788

Dear Sir's,

Thanks for expressing interest, I just sold it few days back to someone in the known circle.

thanks!
rajkir80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2024, 13:33   #15789
Senior - BHPian

Honda CRV - 2018 Make, Petrol CVT, 55,000 km with new tyres. What should the price be?
Old 4th April 2024, 22:29   #15790

HI Guys

I got a used Alcazar signature (0) topend DCT petrol car with 3600KM on ODO for about 17.35, is it good price? Jul 2023 so about 9 months or so .

Has bumper 2 bumper and standard 3 years warranty.
Senjudar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2024, 13:11   #15791
BHPian

Hi guys,

I am looking to get a sedan (majorly for a comfortable ride in the city and highways in and around NCR). Options shortlisted are 2016-17 Honda City CVT and Corolla Altis Petrol AT. (First owner only)

My budget is between 5.5 to 6.5L. Is this an acceptable range or i am misleading myself ? Also, what all should I be worried about specifically in the Altis. Don't want to get the car and then burn my money on major components like AC compressor, electrical components etc. which I think will cost a bomb.

Any clarity and suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 12:18   #15792
BHPian

Hi folks,
I wish to know the resale value of a VW Vento TSI 2016(petrol) with about 60k on the odo.
Its a KL-07 Reg car stationed at ernakulam.
The vehicle belongs to a buddy of mine who is shifting to X1.
So making space for the new car is the first on the task list.
Old 15th April 2024, 12:58   #15793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadSK View Post
Want to help my father to Sell his 2014 model Toyota Corolla 10th Gen, around 35K on the ODO, J&K registered, Single owner and maintained in almost perfect condition.

Considering he's looking for the upgrade, He tried his luck on Cars24 and they quoted somewhere around 3.1L, which actually disappointed him.
Quoting my own text, finally managed to sell the car almost after a year at 4.5L (It was still hard to convince my father for the deal, as he thought it is still very less ) to a known person who actually knew the history of the car and was ready to pay way above what was being quoted by Cars24, Spinny and few other car selling apps.

Lesson learned - It pays to wait and sell the car in your known circles for both the buyer and the seller. Win win situation for both.

Final departing picture, before we let it go.
Attached Thumbnails
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-img_3780.jpeg  

NomadSK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 18:19   #15794
BHPian

I am in Kolkata - trying to sell my 2012 Scorpio VLX automatic with 4X4.

Car has run only 37,000 KM, has almost new tires, full service history, no significant dents.

What is a reasonable price?

Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 18:30   #15795
BHPian

Hi
I am considering busying a used car.
Shortlisted below options :
1. Audi A3 (2015)
- 43000 km - 1.4 Petrol+hybrid
- Price 195000 NOK (Rs 15 lakhs)
- No spare tyre or sunroof

2. Audi A3 (2017)
- 79000 km - 1.4 TFSI+hybrid
- Price 185000 NOK (Rs 14 lakh)
- no spare tyre
- pano Sunroof

3. Audi A4 (2019) - 35 TFSI Sport Business S-tronic
- 50000 km - 2.0 TFSI+hybrid
- Price 272000 NOK (Rs 21 lakhs)
- not sure if this has spare tyre?
- no sunroof

The 1st two pics are of #2. 3rd pic is of #1.
Last pic is of A4.

All are FWD and come with Reverse camera and Adaptive cruise control. The drive train in all 3 is good enough for me.

The 1st option falls in my budget easily but I am skeptical of it being too old model (2015).

I'm inclined towards 2nd option because of sunroof - my child feels claustrophobic in dark interiors, i guess it will help with that(?) - but is the mileage of 79000 km okay for a petrol Audi or do they become unreliable post that?

Reliability is my primary concern.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-screenshot_20240415_142212.jpg  

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-screenshot_20240415_142146.jpg  

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-screenshot_20240415_142048.jpg  

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-screenshot_20240415_143438.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks