Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2023, 20:19   #15706
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

I am looking for one of the below models in bangalore.

1. XUV500
2018 April to 2020 April: BS4 Model. Diesel.
W11 / W11 (Opt) Manual
FWD / AWD

2. Kizashi
Petrol Manual

Really appreciate if there are any direct leads.

Last edited by katsumoto : 14th December 2023 at 20:24.
Old 16th December 2023, 23:10   #15707

Hi Everyone,

I'm from Chennai and looking for a used 7 seater car. After so much of hunt through the used car market, I ended up with the following list of cars as a final list.

Tata hexa: 2020 xm model from a used car dealer and vehicle has 72k kms on ODO. He quoted 13 lakh and i bargained the deal for 11.5 lakhs. Is this a fair price for 2020 Hexa XM and is it a good idea to go for Hexa as it's a discontinued model

Toyota Innova crysta 2.8 GX AT: This crysta AT is a 2016 two
owners with 85k on the ODO. The quoted price 1450000 rupees and negotiable. Is this a fair price.

XUV 500 2wd w10 AT: This is a 2017 August registered vehicle, 2 owners with 63k kms on ODO. This is from cars24 chennai and the final price is 11.5 lakhs. I did a test drive and the vehicle condition is superb. Would like to know if this is a fair price for this vehicle.

Your opinions will be very helpful in making my decision. Thanks in advance 🙏
Naveen88 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2023, 00:24   #15708
BHPian

What is the best price I can quote for my 2011 Aura ABS Vista QDJ run 106000kms. It has a lot of battle scars outside, but no accident history and has been regularly serviced every 5k kms and still my daily drive.
Old 17th December 2023, 08:20   #15709
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naveen88 View Post
Hi Everyone,

Your opinions will be very helpful in making my decision. Thanks in advance ��
Between the 3, I would choose the Innova Crysta by a country mile.

Then I would get the car checked out inside out at the best Toyota dealership to begin my Toyota relationship. Most importantly the ODO reading/tampering if any by comparing service invoices. I will ask the dealer to foot all the bills of anything the dealership has asked to change prior to my final negotiation. All work as to happen at the dealership only. Alternatively I will make a list of all part changes and use it as my final negotiation excercise below.

Lastly I would use this time to enter into the final leg of negotiations with the dealer and close the deal.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2023, 08:58   #15710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naveen88 View Post
Your opinions will be very helpful in making my decision. Thanks in advance 🙏
Buying a used car after flooding incidents in Chennai is not a good idea, unless we know the car as well as owner personally.
Gansan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2024, 23:29   #15711

Hello everyone,

I am from Hyderabad and drive a Honda Jazz CVT. I was looking to buy a second car and preferably take the pre owned route.

I am looking at sedans and an engine with some power and fun to drive. I am a big fan of the Japs.

I came across a Honda civic V CVT petrol 2019 model driven for 31000 kms. It is a single owner driven mostly in the city. Owner is asking a price of 15.6 lakhs. Can anyone help me understand what would be a reasonably fair price for such a vehicle.
anandc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 10:06   #15712
Senior - BHPian

Hi Team,

I was looking for a pre-owned car and had seen a old CRV in classified from a fellow BHPian in Chandigarh.

That AD seems to have expired (I think TeamBHP Ads expire after 3 months).

Can someone direct me to the right Team-BHPian? (who had listed the car).
Old 4th January 2024, 10:07   #15713
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Hi Team,

I was looking for a pre-owned car and had seen a old CRV in classified from a fellow BHPian in Chandigarh.

That AD seems to have expired (I think TeamBHP Ads expire after 3 months).

Can someone direct me to the right Team-BHPian? (who had listed the car).
Check the BHPian cars for sale thread... i think it was posted there as well.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2024, 14:40   #15714

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandc View Post
Hello everyone,

I am from Hyderabad and drive a Honda Jazz CVT. I was looking to buy a second car and preferably take the pre owned route.

I am looking at sedans and an engine with some power and fun to drive. I am a big fan of the Japs.

I came across a Honda civic V CVT petrol 2019 model driven for 31000 kms. It is a single owner driven mostly in the city. Owner is asking a price of 15.6 lakhs. Can anyone help me understand what would be a reasonably fair price for such a vehicle.
15.6 lacs seems to be on the higher side, a dealer friend bought a civic for 12lacs with around 70k on the odo in Gujarat. Anything around 13-14 would be a good price.
Test drive all types of cars in the segment, all cars will feel like a bigger upgrade to a jazz. A pre-worshipped octavia or a Camry hybrid is a great option in your budget.
Yuvuz is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2024, 13:27   #15715

Hello,

I am looking to buy a used Honda Jazz CVT 2020-2021 model. with low km. There is one listed on Cars 24 at 8.35lakh. Is this a good deal?

And does someone here want to sell their preloved Jazz CVT?
Theron_blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 19:19   #15716

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuvuz View Post
15.6 lacs seems to be on the higher side, a dealer friend bought a civic for 12lacs with around 70k on the odo in Gujarat. Anything around 13-14 would be a good price.
Test drive all types of cars in the segment, all cars will feel like a bigger upgrade to a jazz. A pre-worshipped octavia or a Camry hybrid is a great option in your budget.
Thank you. This gives me a reference point to negotiate. The buyer has put the sale on hold since they are looking to upgrade to the new Creta before selling their civic. They are still yet to decide so I am not sure if they will come back.

Also, I missed mentioning that the car will be driven mostly by me but sometimes by my missus (70:30 time split). She is yet to learn driving and hence i feel a bigger car might be more challenging for her to learn driving. I could be wrong here but i am trying to keep it simple as much as possible in terms of the requirements.

Listing it here so that the members can provide other alternative options to consider apart from civic
- Pre-owned Sedan (fun-to-drive)
- Automatic
- Preferably Japanese
- Will be driven by me and my wife (70:30 split)

But it is really difficult to find a well maintained Civic.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 26th January 2024 at 01:38. Reason: spacing
anandc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 18:36   #15717
BHPian

Hello Folks,

I am being offered a Mahindra Scorpio 4*4 -2006 model, 2nd owner, 1.7 lakhs kms done and maintained by a FNG where I get my cars serviced too.

The car is maintained well and I could not spot any red flag despite the car has done 1.7 lakhs on the odd.

I am aware that it is a 17 year old car, FC might be an issue in the future and so on. However being a Mahindra the spares availability is not an issue at least in Bangalore.

I am keen on this model as it is a 4*4 which you hardly find that too on a scorpio. having said that what would be the ideal price which we can offer?
Old 18th January 2024, 19:09   #15718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppanna View Post
Hello Folks,

I am keen on this model as it is a 4*4 which you hardly find that too on a scorpio. having said that what would be the ideal price which we can offer?
Ideal price point would be somewhere in the range of 2.5 - 3 lakhs considering the age of the vehicle. As a Scorpio owner, I would urge you look at the following before considering the purchase:

1. Scorpio is prone to rust. The model is likely to be VLX, which had a plastic cladding. Ensure the door joints, all pillars connecting to the body, corners and place between the tailgate and the rear bumper. It may not be visible to the naked eye, but when you open the rubber beading, things will start to reveal itself.

2. Check its service history. At 1.7 lakh on the ODO many things would have changed. Ensure as a buyer you are convinced

3. Going by your requirement, I assume you are looking at it primarily for 4x4. Check the complete functinality. The car for all practical purposes may have engaged the 4x4 only a few times. Ensure you check its complete history
diwakarmuthu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 16:23   #15719
BHPian

Hi all,

I have got an offer for 1.7L for my 2011 (Nov) Honda City SMT which has done 85000 registered in HR26.
  • All original paint except front bumper and bonnet i.e no major accidents.
  • Bodyline is fine too except some surface scratches from parking/ B2B traffic, etc.
  • Tyres are 6+ years old though
  • Only driven by me/ immediate family so clutch, brakes, interior, etc. are in excellent condition
  • No aftermarket add-ons

Is 1.7 a good price?
rayjaycleoful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 19:46   #15720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
I have got an offer for 1.7L for my 2011 (Nov) Honda City SMT which has done 85000 registered in HR26. Is 1.7 a good price?
Fair price if it's going to a dealer. You'll be able to get 2 lakh easily if you find a direct buyer for it. So try your luck on OLX for a week or so.
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks